Masada

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tax & Bus - Jerusalem - Masada

by cponeill Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM

How much would a taxi from Dan Jerusalem to Masada cost?

How often do buses run from Masada to Jerusalem. How much would the fare be?

4 Answers 12 hours ago
    • HOW MANY MILES FROM MASADA TO EILAT

by faydehaas Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM

how many miles between Masada and Eilat

1 Answer Mar 26, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • HOW MANY MILES FROM MASADA TO EILAT

by faydehaas Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM

How long would the drive take from masada to EILAt ?
      Also do you recommend any sites along the way ?

4 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:26 AM
    • Tickets and transportation to Masada Opera Festival

by meswede Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 7:57 AM

A friend and I will be in Jerusalem this June. We would like to attend the Masada Opera Festival the evening of June 14. We would also need transportation as well as tickets to the event? Is it possible to purchase tickets and transportation?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • Visitor info

by NYGVIC Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

What is entrance fee for Masada and how long should one expect to stay time wise to view the significant sights ??

Will be visiting in April probably taking the early morning bus from Jerusalem.

5 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    • hours of operation in December? Open on Shabbat? Can you climb in December?

by diane.m Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Hours of operation in December.
      Open on Shabbat?
      Can you climb in December?

1 Answer Oct 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    • Transportation from Tel Aviv to Masada for concert

by Travelgarden Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM

My son is going to a concert/dance rave at Masada on Oct 17, from Tel Aviv. What are his transportation options. I assume this is at night.

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • distance Tel Aviv - Masada

by Filmtravel Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM

How long will a ride with a car take from Tel Aviv to Masada on a normal day

4 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus timetable from Masada to Jerusalem

by mindcrime Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM

where can I find the bus timetable from Masada to Jerusalem or/and other towns on thursday 17 of october?

4 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • nighst bus to masada

by osrosmarin Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM

if i stay at desert vision in arad, will i be able to get a bus or taxi to masada and be there bu 7.30 a.m.
      if i go on the night of 21st august , will there be a lighst show?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • open hours

by asabbah Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM

what day of the week massada is open during the night and what is the hours schedule

3 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • Wedding Vows

by ggpoppie3 Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Can we renew our wedding vows on top of masada?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • Transport from Ein Gedi to Tel Aviv Friday afternoon

by ECBre Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Hi, my friend and I are going to Israel in September. We would like to avoid going with Egged, if possible. Friday afternoon we want to go from Ein Gedi to Tel Aviv. Is there a sherut also in the afternoon on Fridays?
      Another option would be a rental car. But is it possible to return a car in Tel Aviv on a Friday evening?
      Thanks for your help in advance

2 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    • mistake

by fiji Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Sorry, it's ma again.
      On number 3. I meant dead sea and not red sea!!

• Tel aviv dead sea

by fiji Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi, does anyone know how is the situation now?
      Would like to know:
      1. Can I drive from Tel aviv to the dead sea with a rented car?
      2. Is it safe to drive on that route? I have my douthers with me aged 4 and 6 and what to be sure!!!!
      3. Wich is the best place to go on the red sea with the girls?
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    • reataurants near Masada

by kategabriele Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM

We are staying at the Masada Youth Hostel Mar 17-19. Breakfast is included, but what other restaurants are nearby? We read the restaurant in the park is expensive and buffet style? I hope there are other options?!

4 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    • transportation to and around Masada, Dead Sea

by kategabriele Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

We are travelling from Jeruselum to Massada on a Saturday, so of course we will take a taxi and get dropped off at the Hostel. But what are travel options in and around the Dead Sea? Is it a walkable area or are there taxis or shuttles needed? Upon returning to Jeruselum, where is the bus station and what buses (nos.) are available to Jeruselum? thanks for any help!

2 Answers Feb 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    • bus stops

by sarahdar Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM

which egged bus stop stops closest to the masada hostel? is it before/after/in ein bokek? is it a significant walk from the bus stop to the hostel itself?

2 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    • transportation in and around Masada/Dead Sea area

by kategabriele Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM

How far is the bus station from the Masada Guest House/Youth Hostel? How far is the Ein Gedi Spa from the Guest House? I am trying to get an idea how "walkable" this area is. Does anyone know how long it ususally takes to walk up to Masada? I heard conflicting accounts, but I realize everyone's ability is different. I am trying to figure how much water to carry.

5 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    • travel to and from Masada, w/o guided tour

by kategabriele Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

We would like to travel to and from Masada from Jeruselum in March 2012. Many tours offer a one day bus tour taking the cable car up to Masada then spending some time at the dead sea. We would like to do an overnight so that we could climb Masada instead of taking the cable car. Does anyone know buses to and from Jeruselum and transport between Masada and the Dead sea so that we can do all this w/o being grouped with other who just take the cable car?

1 Answer Oct 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    • Ana_Hadassa's Profile Photo

"Cheap way to get to Masada from Jerusalem"

by Ana_Hadassa Online Now Jun 10, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Hi guys!

I need desperatedly help! This Sunday (12/06/2011) I'm attending to a magnificent concert of Andrea Bocelli which will be held at the foot of the Mt. Masada right beside the Dead Sea. I really don't want to miss it. My problem is that the concert is at 22:00 so there are no more buses to get there or to come back to Jerusalem. What do you recomend? I don't want to spend 300 NIS in paying a taxi. Does anybody know a cheap way to get there and to come back? I really need help because I'm a volunteer at Israel thus I don't have so much money to spend in a taxi of 300 NIS. Really hope somebody could help me. It's urgent because is the concert is day after tomorrow!!!
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    • Travel to the Dead Sea area

by silkmatador Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I am planning to visit the Dead Sea region when I visit Israel at the end of May. I have three questions about this that travel books and web sites that I have read don't answer:

1) If I rent a car and drive along route 1 and route 90 to Masada, is it safe? Is it just highway through open area or do I pass through hostile areas? I will be travelling alone during the day.

2) What is there to see at Qumran? I really want to maximize my time in the area. Can I drop in and see the settlement and caves in an hour or so? Is it worth stopping?

3) If I rent a car, I would be interested in driving to Arad and seeing the light and sound show. How long does it take to drive to Arad from Masada (I will be staying at the Masada hostel)? What time does the show start?

In case it's important, I will be leaving Jerusalem Thursday early afternoon and driving on to Eilat from Masada Friday late afternoon.

Thanks for any advice!

7 Answers Mar 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM
    • Travel between ein gedi, ein bokkek and masada

by silkmatador Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I plan to visit masada by Egged bus from Jerusalem, and I would like to stay at Ein Gedi for the night and then go to Masada before dawn to climb the snake path (probably arriving Friday evening and climbing Saturday monrning - then going on to Eilat on Egged). Are there any transportation options available between these three sites for me to do this, such as shuttles, local buses or taxis?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

5 Answers Mar 16, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    • Lost on my way to Masada. How to get there by car?

by username500 Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Tried to reach Masada in a rental car yesterday by turning to unsealed road at "- Masada 4x4" sign at road #31 on my way from Jerusalem to Ein Bokek. The road was marked with small blue and white paint marks, but the problem was that there were intersections and no clear direction which way is to Masada, just one direction was marked black and the other marked blue - the same at any intersection. It started to get dark so I decided not to try all of the roads.

Is there a way to get to Masada at this time of the year? As I understand the cable system is not working from November to March.

The place where I turned from the road #31: maps.google.com/maps?hl=ru&q...

4 Answers Nov 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    • Masada area 2 nights- "not to miss" things to do

by 16fletch Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Have a rental car. Stayin in Ein Gedi first night, climbing Masada in AM, going back to Ein Gedi for a few hours. Have late afternoon, evening, and morning of next day to explore--before driving to Jerusalem-- which of these sights, or others are "not to miss?" Mitzpe Ramon, Avdat, Mamashit, see a bedouin tent, eat an interesting meal, go to the Masada light show? Thank you.

7 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    • Tel Aviv to Masada Tour

by eggzachlee Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Does anyone know of a tour that departs out of Tel Aviv and goes to Masada, that allows you to walk up the snake path? I did the United Tour last year but you had to take the cable car to the top because of time constraints.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2009 at 4:59 AM
    • Traveling with Kids

by Suwil Online Now May 24, 2009 at 5:17 AM

I am a Mom traveling with a 5 & 10 year old June 7-14 (ON A BUDGET) to Tel Aviv, but want to rent a car and drive to En Gedi Kibbutz for 3 days and use it as a base for the Dead Sea, Masada and Jerusalem. Here are my questions:
      1. Is it worth it, or is it better to stay in Tel Aviv and take the tours (Egged Tours) that start from and return to Tel Aviv?
      2. Is it safe to rent a car and drive from Tel Aviv to En Gedi, and then between En Gedi, Masada and Jerusalem?
      3. Is it better to stay at En Gedi or in Jerusalem?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

6 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    • Guest house Ana

by jkaufman45 Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Has anyone stayed at a hostel called Ana in Massada? My israeli friend called it "Beit Achsania Anna B'matz" I have had no luck finding it online.

10 Answers May 24, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    • Busservice from Tel Aviv to Massada and from Massada to Jerusalem

by iris27 Online Now Mar 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Hello,

I was wandering if anyone knows about a busservice from Tel Aviv to Massada. Me and my mom are going on holiday to Israel and we would really like to go to Massada for 2 days. After that we want to take the bus to Jerusalem and spend 3 days there. Is there a busline between those city's or is there another form of public transportation that we can take? Thanks

Gr Iris

7 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    • megscharpf's Profile Photo

Haifa to Masada

by megscharpf Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Hello All , I am wondering what the best route is by car to Masada from Haifa, With everything going on in Gaza- I want to make sure I am not traveling through any palestinian controlled areas-Thank You in advance

13 Answers Jan 11, 2009 at 4:23 AM