can any one inform me of the recommended ride height required for a 4x4 on Moreton island, I have just purchased an Isuzu mux and want to have it set up for beach and island driving (Moreton and Frazer). as you can tell I am new to driving a 4x4. thank you in advance for your responses.
I'm planning a cruise to the islands around port douglas some time this year. I want to know what the weather is like.
I'd like it to be up to 25 during the day but would like the nights to be a bit warm to. Any suggestions as to which month is good. Thanks Nina
I book a car from Avis car rental company for 7days. First time free & easy to Brisbane & Gold coast in early June. Been reading about excess reduction insurance, one vehicle accident, etc. Can someone give advices what type of car insurance should I get & which company should I get it from? I be getting just the basic travel insurance in Singapore.
I have 7 full days in GC. Will be spending 2 days in Brisbane, and left 5 full days in GC.
Not sure if I need to add in Springbrook to my itinerary on the day 4 and remove my drive to NSW.
How long do I need for springbrook? Do I have sufficient time to touch on to tweed head and Byron bay after that?
Can someone please advise?
Activities in Gold coast:
Day 1 (Sun) : Carrara Market, Check in accommodation, Jet Boat ride, Beach front market.
Day 2 (Mon) : Movie world, wet n wild.
Day 3 (Tue) : Full day tour (includes Mt Tamborine, Lamington National Park, O'Reily Rainforest)
Day 4 (Wed) : Bangalow, Lismore, Nimbin, Byron Bay, Tweed Head, Coolangatta
Day 5 (Thu) : Sea World, Robina Town Centre
Day 6: Back home
Am visiting 5 days mid March, using public transportation;
Want to take pictures of shopping, dining, attractions,
culture, diversity, daily life, economy, recreation, etc.
Any additions, advice, or corrections appreciated!!:
1. New Farm Park, beautiful park on the river's edge
2. Queensland Museum & Sciencentre, Hands on encounters
3. Mt Coot-tha Lookout, Breathtaking views of Brisbane & Moreton Bay
4. City Botanic Gardens, 10-minute walk from Queen St Mall in CBD
5. Brisbane Square Library, new Brisbane City Council library at end of Queen Street Mall, in Brisbane Square
6. Window shopping Queen Street Mall
7. Albert Street Literary Walk
8. Museum of Brisbane
9. Roma Street Parklands, world's largest subtropical garden in a city centre
10. Wickham Terrace at Spring Hill, oldest surviving building in Brisbane - the Old Windmill
11. free concert at Customs House by UQ School of Music every Sunday
12. Brisbane City Hall Visitor Experience Centre
13. Southbank: Parklands, riverfront Promenade, 1km long Grand Arbour, Streets Beach, galleries, museums
14. South Bank Lifestyle Markets: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
15. suburb: New Farm Park cricket, football, Powerhouse Arts Centre
16. suburb: People-watch in The Valley (Fortitude Valley) - entertainment precinct
17. Valley Markets: Brunswick St Mall, ChinaTown Mall, Brunswick Street, FortitudeValley - Sat-Sun 8A-4P
18. Kangaroo Point boats on river, abseilers & rock climbers on cliffs, bike ride base of cliffs for city views
19. suburb: Paddington Antique Centre in historic Plaza Theatre
20. suburb: Rocks Riverside Park in Seventeen Mile Rocks
21. suburb: Wynnum Wading Pool
22. Davies Park West End Markets Sat 6A-2P
23. Riverside at the Pier Markets Sunday 7A-3P at Eagle Street Pier
We will be staying at the Sheraton Mirage in Main Beach but over 4 days needing to go up and back to Brisbane for meetings/dinner etc. We like to use public transit where possible but wondering if we should rent a car this time. How is the drive in the morning or at night? Will the rail work? Thank you!
We want to fly from Brisbane to Whitsundays the 23 of april. I have read some posts that Airlie beach is the cheapest and best place to stay to get around the islands. Is it holiday in Australia these dates? Will we need to be booking any room in advanced? How many days are needed in Whitsundays and Port Douglas? Where is it most fun? We are 25yo.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|