change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1jabbar's Profile Photo

shuttle bus from Greyhound station to Logan airport

Boston Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Anyone tell me if there is a shuttle service from greyhound station to Logan Airport. Thank You

more
    • Should I be scared to move to Boston from South Texas alone?

Boston Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Im a 19 year old girl from South Texas and Im not sure how I feel about moving to Boston alone. I feel excited and scared at the same time. Im still not sure where I should move in Boston. What neighborhood, or place in Boston would be best suited for me? The cost of living sort of scares me as well. Its a lot to get used to.

more
    • travel pam

Boston Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

what about renting a car? Should I rent a car or just use public transit system? I will be flying into Logan Airport and staying at a downtown hotel

more
    • directions to childrens hospital

Boston Apr 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I am coming from NH to a doctors appointment at childrens hospital. Instructions have me take the Storrow Dr exit going past Fenway Park which I would like to avoid as there will be a home baseball game that day. I can only leave a half hour earlier than normal and am afraid this will not be enough extra time to make it through the game traffic. Looking for suggestions for an alternate route to the hospital.

more
    • March in Martha's Vineyard

by glencoeskye Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Would it be better to bring a car or is there transportation on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket? We are planning to spend a day on each.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • March Travel

by glencoeskye Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Is anything open in March. Wanting to vacation in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

1 Answer Jan 11, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • No Title

by Rcbcpa Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM

How do I dress for dinner at Saltwater?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    • Wampanoag Indians

by pioneer2211 Online Now May 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Have found out about our Wampanoag ancestry and are planning a trip to Mass. Does anyone know of places to go on Marthas Vineyard and the rest of SE Mass that pertain to the Wampanoag Indians?

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • Transportation options

by mslpierre Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Hi. I live in NYC & I don't own a car. I would like to visit Martha's vineyard this summer. What are my travel options?

6 Answers May 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    • Getting to Martha's Vineyard from Boston

by lbaz95 Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Hello:

I apologize if this has been asked before. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Boston to Martha's Vineyard, leaving on a Monday in August from downtown Boston and returning to Logan airport on the following Monday, August 22nd. We will be traveling with our children who are 9 and 14. Here are my questions:

I have done some research and know that we can take the Peter Pan bus. Will that get us close to one of the ferries? I see that there are more than one ferry--Island Queen and Steamship Authority. Is one better than the other? Do any of them take passenger reservations? Is the Steamship Authority the only one that takes cars? Is it worth getting onto the waiting list for our car? Our plan is to rent a car once we are on the Vineyard because we apparently waited too long to get a vehicle registration.

We know we could also rent a car for a one way rental from Boston to the ferry. That would likely be a hassle, though.

The limo service is very, very expensive.

Are there any other options?

We were hoping to check out downtown Falmouth before we go across on the ferry, but would presumably need to take a cab, then, to get to the ferry. Are there cabs available? We do not have to do this part if it is too much of a hassle.

Thank you very much.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    • RachelFersh's Profile Photo

Getting there from NYC - optimal balance of hassle and price?

by RachelFersh Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Hi guys,

I'm going for one weekend for a wedding. There seems to be dozens of options, ranging from just surprisingly expensive to a month's rent expensive. I'm worried that train to bus to boat will take forever and get stuck in traffic and be stressful, but flights are like400 a person. There's a220 boat that goes the whole way? That still sounds really expensive to me, but at least no traffic?

I would really really appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

6 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 3:03 AM
    • Transportation

by nicholasjon Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Is there a Train on Martha's Vineyard?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    • Great Edgartown pond

by bobandmidge Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM

There's a break in the great edgartown pond that connects to the ocean. Does anyone know if there is a way to drive pretty close to this split. On a map there's a road called cracktuxet road but I can't tell if you can drive there and get to the beach. does anyone know?

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Boston airport to Martha's Vineyard

by dustmon Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Hiya folks---I may have an invitation to visit MV this fall/winter---Delta has a deal right now Atlanta to Boston----What are my options for flying on to the Island? Thanx in advance---

dustmon

1 Answer Oct 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    • Bike or not?

by mikespranger Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM

My wife and I are planning a visit to Martha's Vineyard in early October. Some recommend against biking. We are strong bikers and love to see the countryside that way. Suggestions?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    • Any thoughts on visiting Martha's Vineyard?

by Melliesue Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I came across this article that made me want to visit the Island. I would love to hear from any regular people who have traveled there who aren't celebrities. You'll enjoy this article too, so I'm adding it to my post.

zesterdaily.com/politics/oba...

6 Answers Feb 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    • Illumination Night

by china3071 Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

When my sister and I were children we used to vacation some summers on the Island and the memory that stands out the most vividly is Illumination Night. I am wondering how to best go about vacationing so I can try to now pass this tradition on to my son when the nigh tis not announced? Is there a date or week that the town shhots for annually?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    • Day trip the first full week of April

by rlwhite Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Any suggestions on things to do during a day trip in early April. We plan to walk on the ferry from Woods Hole. It appears the buses run limited hours during that time of year. Should we rent a car once we are on the island?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM
    • skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Day trip/fly-in to Martha's Vineyard

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Jul 15, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Hi all

I'm heading up to Martha's Vineyard soon with some friends for a day trip/brunch and then back home again.

I think we'll have all of 3 (maybe 4) hours on the ground. Other than dipping our toes in the water (and having brunch!) is there anything fairly close to the airport we could check out before heading back (or, local specialties we should try to eat/bring home with us). Cute little shops to check out, etc...

many thanks.

2 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 8:59 AM
    • Martha's Vineyard on the 4th

by Amarige Online Now Jun 24, 2007 at 3:01 PM

What activities are planned for Martha's Vineyard for the Fourth of July 2007? Thank you!

1 Answer Jun 26, 2007 at 2:41 PM
    • How long to transfer between ferry and bus at Woods Hole?

by mrschan Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I would like to ask, is the ferry terminal at Woods Hole close to the bus station? If my ferry reaches Woods Hole at 7.45am, would I be killing myself trying to catch a Peter Pan bus which leaves at 8am? Thks so much!

1 Answer May 30, 2007 at 11:59 AM
    • 1W1V's Profile Photo

Hostel in MV

by 1W1V Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 9:43 PM

Hi,

Just find out there is a youth hostels in MV and in Cape Cod (Truro HI).

Anybody stay there ? What's your opinion

Thx for feedback.

Lorenzo

• Martha's Vineyard with a child

by jxh18 Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 8:06 PM

Hello-
      We're considering a a weekend in Boston and then a week on Martha's Vineyard in July. We'll be travelling with a 5 year old. Any info. suggestions on the following would be most appreciated:

- is it necessary to have a car on the island?
      - where would be a good place to stay with a child?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2006 at 8:12 PM
    • Martha's Vineyard

by mrsbude Online Now Apr 1, 2005 at 12:33 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are flying to Boston from Baltimore this coming Aug 27 thru Aug 29. We would like to visit Martha,s Vineyard from Aug 29 thru Sept 1. My questions are,
      (1) what would be the best way to get from Boston to the Vineyard at that time of the week and season? Keeping in mind that I need to get back to Boston on Sept 1 for a flight back to Baltimore.

(2) Harbor View, Kelly House or Harborside Inns......which is the best as far as cleanliness, decor and easy walking access to beaches and shopping etc..

Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Trying to plan a vacation can be overwhelming at times.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2005 at 8:20 AM
    • About Martha's Vineyard..

by Serendipity8 Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 6:15 AM

Does anyone know on the island of a pesonal chef that would do a dinner party for this coming weekend? Thank you for the information!

1 Answer Oct 22, 2003 at 6:19 AM
    • How to get there?

by wendya2J Online Now Jul 29, 2003 at 7:11 PM

hi how do you get over to Marthas vineyard, and how much does it cost?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2003 at 8:33 PM
    • dining & nightlife

by chuckdhartford Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 5:30 PM

where can I fing good Italian food and some good bars in Edgartown.

1 Answer Dec 21, 2006 at 6:01 PM