Martha's Vineyard Travel Answers

change location

Any thoughts on visiting Martha's Vineyard?

by Melliesue Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I came across this article that made me want to visit the Island. I would love to hear from any regular people who have traveled there who aren't celebrities. You'll enjoy this article too, so I'm adding it to my post.

zesterdaily.com/politics/oba...

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Any thoughts on visiting Martha's Vineyard?

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

We're normal people and we love Martha's Vineyard. You certainly don't have to be a celebrity. We've never even seen a celebrity when we've been there. We love the old houses and the scenery. I might add, we honeymooned there many many years ago and loved it then too.

We do prefer it off season but that may not be an option for you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MikeySoft's Profile Photo

by MikeySoft Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Everyone I know is very disappointed after visiting Marta's Vineyard, including myself. Basically, it is a lot less then all the hype, IMO.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I can't imagine why anyone would be disappointed in Martha's Vineyard. If you are in doubts, Google it and also do a search here on Virtual Tourist to see exactly what is there. If you are expecting something that is not there, you will be disappointed. If you know what is there and that is why you are going, you will love it. We treasure it.

Admittedly, since we live on the west coast, we don't know a lot of people who have been there so I can't comment on the reactions of others. The only thing I can suggest is do your research before you make your decision. We all relate to different things. That's one reason the world is so interesting. 8^)

• JeanneP's Profile Photo

by JeanneP Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Great place. It is just a day trip for me. Any questions on the Vineyard let me know !!

• JeanneP's Profile Photo

by JeanneP Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Block Island and Mantucket are other options. People in the area also go to the Casco Islands-- Maine.

The Long Island NY people are different, but a ferry even comes here from Long Island too.

• Re: Any thoughts on visiting Martha's Vineyard?

by cher2788 Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Marth's Vineyard, I loved it when I was there 10+ years ago. I plan on going back in Sept. of 2012. How many days do you is optimal to get a flavor of the place

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Martha's Vineyard