Martha's Vineyard Travel Answers

change location
skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Day trip/fly-in to Martha's Vineyard

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Jul 15, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Hi all

I'm heading up to Martha's Vineyard soon with some friends for a day trip/brunch and then back home again.

I think we'll have all of 3 (maybe 4) hours on the ground. Other than dipping our toes in the water (and having brunch!) is there anything fairly close to the airport we could check out before heading back (or, local specialties we should try to eat/bring home with us). Cute little shops to check out, etc...

many thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Day trip/fly-in to Martha's Vineyard

by Gozi Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Hi - There's nothing to do right by the airport. The closest town is Edgartown. If you want the beach you should head towards South Beach which is in Edgartown. On the way out to South Beach there's a little store called Katama General Store where you can get food and any beach needs you might have. They have really great food, including the New England favorite lobster rolls, and its easy to pick up and take to the beach with you especially if you don't have much time. If you decide to stay longer check out TicketsMV.com. The website has a list of all Vineyard events. Edgartown has loads of unique boutiques so if you're looking to shop thats the place to be. Hope this helps. Have a great Vineyard trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip/fly-in to Martha's Vineyard

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 8:59 AM

thank you - I'll keep this in mind for the next time - we went on Saturday!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Martha's Vineyard