change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Hiring car and driver from Mandalay to Inle Lake

Burma Nov 18, 2015 at 6:46 AM

Has anyone booked a car and driver from Mandalay to Inle Lake? Is it possible to do? How long will it take and how much will it cost? We don't want to fly back to Yangon and then onto Heho (Inle) . Another possibility is that we take the train to Kalaw and from there make our way to Inle. Anyone have any ideas? We are a party of four.

• manao festival

Burma Nov 9, 2015 at 7:21 AM

who knows when exactly the Festival 2016 in myitkyina is (at 10th of january??) and whats going on on this Festival?
      and: curious whats happen after the election now .... hope everything ok and peaceful.....

• Itinerary help please!

Burma Nov 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be in Myanmar for a week and need some itinerary help please!

I arrive in Yangon at Monday 1pm and leave Yangon a week later at 11pm.

So it's 7 nights (7.5 days).

At the moment we have only booked the first nights accommodation in Yangon and so are flexible with the rest of the time.

I've read that most people don't spend much time in Yangon. The most popular places seem to be Yangon, Bagan, Inle and Mandalay. It seems that people spend the most time in Bagan.

We are planning to take overnight buses to save time.

Any help is appreciated.

• fergie27Solo's Profile Photo

Burma/ Kuala Lumpur /Singapore

Burma 15 hours ago

Hey Everyone,
      I am thinking of booking flights in March.I only have about 3 weeks. I want to spend 2 weeks in Myanmar and then planning to Split the last Week between Kuala Lumpur Maybe 2nights there and get a bus to singapore and spend 2 nights there and then 3 more days back in Kuala Lumpar where i fly out from is this a reasonable plan ?

I have researched Myanmar but I confess i Know V little of Maylasia would there be possibilites of day trips out of KL to worth while places?
      Or should i Spend a night or 2 elsewhere near enough to KL that may be somewhat scenic in contrast to the big city of KL?
      Thanks Guys Im just unsure how to split up the last week any advice would be hugley welcome :)

• My Myanmar travel questions

Burma Nov 14, 2015 at 6:53 AM

I'm planning to trip Myanmar this December(from 19th-24th night).

My flight will get there to Yangon at 17:15 Dec 19th and leave Yangon at 22:10 Dec 24 to Tokyo and arriving early in the morning of 25th.

So it's pretty short stay, i'm not planning to stay Yangon much,but love to visit Bagan for sure. However, I want to visit Inle lake as well.

My concern on this trip is..
      1)I would love to relax and see historical cites as well as natures.

2)My current plan as below:

12/19--->17:15 arrive to Yangon. stay one night in Yangon

12/20--->leave for Bagan by airplane.

12/21--->stay Bagan

12/22--->leave for Inle lake by air plane

12/23--->stay in Inle lake

12/24--->stay in Inle lake and leave Inle lake afternoon for Yangon to catch my flight to Tokyo of 22:10.

12/25--->arrive tokyo early in the morning

3)my plan above is tight for the last day?

4)which do you recommend to stay longer, Bagan or Inle lake?
      Or if you have any advice on my travel plan above, pls let me know.

5)Im travelling myself,but at the same time I would love to make friends during my travel.
      Hotel can have arrangements for tourist?

6)Is it better to stay at hotel?(I want my own room,bathroom,but in the meantime, would love to make friends as well:))

Thanks for reading my long question!
      I appreciate your kind help:)

• restricted aereas

Burma Nov 5, 2015 at 3:42 AM

we plan to travel in burma end of december/mid january.
      I wanted to fly to myitkyina and from there taking a boot down to bhamo. now I read somewhere in
      the Internet ( I dont find the page anymore...)that this part ist restricted, but I dont know exactly if this is a actual Report..
      is there anybody who can give me Information?

Near Martaban