change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DianaMS's Profile Photo

Is Marseille worth the visit?

by DianaMS Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I am planning an itineraryin France, and I found out a very cheap train that goes from the train station at Disneyland to: Marseille, Avignon or Montepllier (10euros each) I think it is a good way to get closer to Spain for a few euros, so I am considering to spend a day in Marseille. Is it worth the visit? I would also like to see Cracassonne since I will be in the south of France. Any other place you suggest?

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Is Marseille worth the visit?

by DianaMS Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I am planning an itineraryin France, and I found out a very cheap train that goes from the train station at Disneyland to: Marseille, Avignon or Montepllier (10euros each) I think it is a good way to get closer to Spain for a few euros, so I am considering to spend a day in Marseille. Is it worth the visit? I would also like to see Cracassonne since I will be in the south of France. Any other place you suggest?

12 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Small hotels near Porte

by Isobelneuberger Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Safe for woman travelling alone, near public transport. Recommendations, please?

7 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • 4 hours in Marseille

by cathycritters Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

A group of four of us are spending the night in Marseille because we are flying back home to Portland Oregon on a 7am flight. We will be arriving to Marseille by car, on the afternoon of Saturday June 21 from Avignon. Is there a great restaurant or something we can do that evening? I hate to waste even a minute of the last night of our vacation. Thank you!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • evamolnar29@hotmail.com

by Evamolnar Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I will be cruising in July 2014 in the western Mediterranean, So it's starts in Barcelona. then Marseille.... now in Marseille I would like to know what excursion is worth it to see as we have limited time. from 9-3 I wanted to know if Cassis is worth seeing or Marseille tour??? To be honest I would like to find a private tour that would take us to Calanques, Cassis and Marsielle.....is this possible or even to see any parts of the French Riviera really? I will have 3 adults and 2 kids with us. Maybe the best tour should be half a day.....So Is there any tours you recommend from Marseille that will take you around> Our ship is MSC Cruises Splendida and they do offer Cassis, Marseille, etc,,,,but I want the kids to enjoy too and I want to know which city Or town is worth the excursion.....

6 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Getting to Barcelona

by AllieK Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Hey!
      After abit of research I have discovered that there is no direct trains from Marseille to Barcelona. I am looking to travel on the 23rd of April (after Easter weekend). I contacted the train company and they said the only way to do it is travel to Port Bou, then stay overnight and continue on with the journey the next day. This made me also look at flying. I am not sure which one would cost less as i'm on a budget but I am very exciting for seeing Provence and don't want to have to get it out of my itinerary.

Has anyone done this route and have any other suggestions on how to get there? It doesn't look like Eurolines has any ether.
      Bus or Train travel?
      Are both of these airports easy access to the city centre?
      Any thoughts!

Thanks guys!

30 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • Luggage storage around port or train station.

by Edowd Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM

We are disembarking from a cruise in Marseille and have an entire afternoon before we fly out. We would like to store our luggage somewhere secure for the day. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Places to vist

by AllieK Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi!
      I will be travelling solo next April next year and would like to spend about 5-7 days in Provence. My base will be Marseille and i'm planning to just do day trips out. I will be using trains as i'm only 20 and am not legal to hire cars in Europe yet!

What are some beautiful places to visit? I'm choosing destinations now so any suggestions would be great :)

Also, Verdon looks amazing but is it possible to reach with no car? I would really like to go there
      Thank you everyone!

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    • dickkingma's Profile Photo

Have to do

by dickkingma Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM

On THE 20e of oktober we are with ou cruiseship in Marseille. Please advies wrat we Have to do in Marseille.

Thans

Dick

4 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    • Arriving by ship end of October

by justmec2 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM

We are four people arriving on the MSC Orchard ship for a day in Marseille. No idea where to begin to fill the day. Suggestions would be great.
      Thanks
      Cheryl

4 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    • Arriving by ship end of October

by justmec2 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM

We are four people arriving on the MSC Orchard ship for a day in Marseille. No idea where to begin to fill the day. Suggestions would be great.
      Thanks
      Cheryl

1 Answer Oct 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Marseille Vs Montpellier

by emememem Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I am choosing between living in Marseille and Montpellier. I am a young female, and i am moving to France to learn French and be an au pair. Does anyone have any advice?

2 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

A week in Provence

by MuratU Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I'm planning to start my journey from Marseille and visit Aix and if possible go up to Cavaillon and explore Le Petit Luberon. Do you think I should definitely rent a car for visiting les Calanques, Cassis and the small villages of Luberon or can I just take the train/bus combination out of Marseille or Aix?

So perhaps two or three days to visit les calanques (a boat excursion?) and cassis for swimming and sun bathing and spend the rest of the trip (5-6 days) visiting the local markets, eating excellent food, wine tasting and exploring the cultural sites?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    • Boat tour to the most spectacular Calanques: from Marseille OR Cassis?

by FairfaxVA Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 4:52 AM

We extend and spend 2 nights in Marseille before our cruise on Oct 5, to explore the area and more specifically, to see at least 5 Calanques. Where should we go for the best scenery? should we take the boat tour from Marseille or from Cassis? Some reviews say that the 3 most gorgeous ones are in Cassis En-Vau, Port Miou and Port Pin. Other reviews suggested Sugiton, Morgiou and Sormiou for the more dramatic, scenic coast line. Thanks for your input.

3 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    • DAVEDAPPER's Profile Photo

Nice to Marseille and back!

by DAVEDAPPER Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Got 4/5 day trip planned for this October 2013 , starting Nice then heading towards Marseille then back to Nice. Not sure which places to take in, how long needed each place etc etc what to see and do. In Marseille for PSG match sunday night- thats only concrete plan at the moment!

ANY HELP SUGGESTIONS IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED X

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Outdoor pools

by nqyzrlk Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Is there any hotels that let non guests use pool facilites for a fee?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Places to avoid

by Thywen Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Hey fellow people from Marseilles. I will go to your city this September. I usually leave the beaten paths of the tourists in a city therefore it could happen, that I struggle into an area which I should avoid. Could you give me some hints which areas I should avoid.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    • Visiting the calanques

by mohit9382 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Hi

We are planning to visit the Provence in August this year and will be staying in Avignon. As part of this trip we would like to see the Calanques. I looked up on the net and the only way to visit them is to travel to Marseille. There is good train connectivity between Avignon and Marseille, so i think we can manage to see the Calanques in a day.

I just wanted some advice on what is the best way to see them ? I looked up in the forum and there are some boat trips from marseille. Should we take them or travel to cassis and then take a boat. I would appreciate if you can provide some guidance.

Also do you think it will take the whole day to visit the calanques so that we can plan to see few places in marseille as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mo

2 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • joansey's Profile Photo

Shopping District

by joansey Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM

What is the shopping district called near by the Longchamp Palace? We might be taking an excursion from our NCL cruise in Aug and need to know best places to shop in our limited time frame

1 Answer Jul 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    • safety in Marseille

by sa26 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM

I am travelling to Marseille and have seen quite a few articles/comments that it isn't a safe place to travel, which has gotten me a bit worried. Does anyone know if Marseille is still as dangerous and where the safest places to stay are?

5 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    • March Weathee

by 6648 Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM

What is the weather like in March?
      Thinking of staying in Narbonne.

5 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • 1 Day Port Excursion

by EuroDeb Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

We will stopping in Marseille on 1 Sept 2013, and wanted advice on whether it is possible to independently go to Aix-en-Provence from Marseille and back in 1 day, and if so what is the best way to do it.  We will be in port from approx. 8am to 5pm.

If this isn't practical, what would be the must do things in Marseille in one day?

8 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • sports

by kylekingeeep Online Now May 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM

what sports is there in marsielle

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Visiting Provence Marseille for a few hours from the cruise terminal

by pepemorris11 Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

My husband( who has mobility problems and uses a walking stick) and I will be taking a Western Mediterrannean cruise leaving Rome and visiting Genoa, Provence (Marseilles), Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca and Valencia in Spain and back to Rome. When the ship docks, our time is limited when visiting these cities/towns.
      I am also hard-pressed for time to do my own homework what with all the packing and medical appointments for the 2 of us,hence would appreciate any suggestions as to how we could go about and see some of the sights or town.
      We don't have to do the must-see places unless it is really accessible by public transport as we are not taking the shore excursions from the ship as they are really astronomical in price and have been very disappointing.
      1) Would appreciate info on how to get to nearest public transport station be it bus/metro from cruise terminal.(even if possible whether there are free shuttles from the berth to entrance of cruise terminal as that would save us walking the distance)
      2) We don't even mind walking around town just enjoying the ambience so long as we can get reasonable and frequent public transport services back to cruise terminal.
      Would appreciate any kind of help asap as we are leaving in a ffew days' time
      Many thanks

8 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    • Where to watch american basketball in Marseille?

by mtisa Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Hello,
      I have an American client who is travelling to Marseille soon. THey would like to know if there's a sports bar that shows the March Madness basketball games. Wuld anyone have any ideas?
      Thank you in advance!

4 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    • Marsaille to AIX de Provence

by mustasa Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Hi! we are a family of 4(couple plus 2 kids 8&12yo), coming in for a day (more like 8-10 hrs) from a cruise stop. This is our first time in to be in this place. We dont want to take the day tour, and do touring on our own. Have a few questions?
      1. How do we get from the Port to the train that will take us to AIX?
      2. How do you suggest we do our own tour of Provence? any special tips?
      3. The must sees? must eat resto?
      Thank you and looking forward to your responses...
      Catherine

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Marietje's Profile Photo

Cty trip

by Marietje Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 4:49 AM

From 4 till 7. April I'll be visiting Marseille - this for the first time.
      All suggestions such as musea, cultural, goods restaurants, temporary expositions,...are very welcome.
      Thanks in advance for your reactions,
      Marietje

5 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • Is there a shuttle from port to port to centre?

by mummymarmotta Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Is there a shuttle bus from the cruise port into centre of Merseille? If so - how often does it run in the winter and what is the cost?
      Thanks

5 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM
    • jmandel's Profile Photo

Marseille airport to Nimes

by jmandel Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

What is the best way to get to nimes by train from the marseille airport & how can I find out about schedule & cost

3 Answers Sep 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM
    • dahliadeb's Profile Photo

Gps stolen

by dahliadeb Online Now Sep 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Picked up our rental car at Avis at Marseille airport. Added gps to rental. We are now in Oppede France and as careful as we have been, the one time we left it in car someone stole it. At least they didn't break window. Anyone had any experience as to what we could do? When we rented car Avis said it would cost 400 euros if it was stolen, etc. Could we my same model & just leave it with rental when we turned it in? Anyone know where we could go in our area of France to buy one? Closest big city is Cavaillon.

6 Answers Sep 12, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day in Marseille - 6th Oct 2012

by alisononthego Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hello, we will have one day in Marseille when our cruise ship the NCL Epic docs here on 6th October. Is it easy to get into town and how easy is it to negotiate the town and see all there is to see? Never been to the S of France before. Any cool bars that we should visit, maybe with a view? Or should we get out of town too if there is time. So many questions I know! I'm hoping that the weather will be kind to us at this time of year. Thanks and regards, Alison

9 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM