My sister and I will be travelling Spain, France and Italy for the much of the summer. We are young and very much enjoy the cities and night life. We also love the beaches, cafes and shopping. We are scheduled to fly into Barcelona at the end of june, rent an apartment for two weeks and travel by train along the coast to France. We are hoping to rent an apartment somewhere in between Bordeaux and Nice. We then will be taking the train to Rome or Napoli. We would love to stay on the beach, but we havent decided if we will stay in Rome, Napoli or somewhere between Napoli and Salerno. We don't want to travel much more south as we are scheduled to fly out of Rome. Now for my questions.. :)
- We are fluent in Spanish, my sister speaks some French and I know a lot of Italian so we have no limitations when it comes to language.
1. We have been reviewing the website Homeaway.com for rentals, we have selected a few and are ready to book but want to know if anyone has any better suggestions? We are on somewhat of a budget but we are flexible and would like to stay somewhere afforable. Are hostels a good idea? We are not into Resorts or any such.
2. Where are the best places to go in Barcelona for Beaches, Discos and Shopping?
3. We are trying to book our passes for the trains, which Rail is the best to travel with? What are peoples experience with travelling Europe by train? How long will it take from Barcelona to Nice? Nice to Rome?
3. What towns/ Cities can anyone suggest to visit or stay in the south of France?
4. Is it best to travel by train at night or day?
5. I've been to Rome and Napoli before, but cannot decide which is better for my Sister and I to stay at? Though we do want to be somewhat close to the beach but want to be close to the city to meet people, shop and dancing at night. Wouldnt mind going to Amalfi coast or as far south at Salerno. But what cities in Lazio/ Campania can anyone suggest to go visit?