Marsaxlokk Travel Answers

change location

boat rides

by kimhowells Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 3:24 AM

can we get a boat trip/ride from Sliema(or nearby) to Marsaxlokk or is it only by bus?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: boat rides

by leics Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Haing stayed in Marsaxlokk I am not aware of any tourist boats making any trips to/from its harbour (which is mainly full of fishing boats).

You might be able to hire a private boat to get there from Sliema, but not sure why you would want to do so.

You can get ordinary buses, of course (Sliema>Valetta bus station then Valletta >Marsaxlokk), and there are also regular organised day tours which include Marsaxlokk.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lexam's Profile Photo

by lexam Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 7:26 AM

As far as I know there are no ferries from Sliema to Marsaxlokk. You can take the ferry from Sliema to Valletta however there is quite a hike up to the bus terminal. Or else you can take the bus from Sliema to Valletta and than the 27 or 28 to Marsaxlokk. The trip shouldn't take too long, about 30-45min depending on traffic! I believe that there is a direct bus (627) which will go from Sliema direct to Marsaxlokk but it would be best to check it out first! Try logging onto www.atp.com.mt for more info. I normally like getting the ferry from Valletta to Sliema instead as it's all downhill :-))

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

It certainly is a trek from Valletta>Sliema ferry point to the bus station....I'd get the bus every time!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines