Marsa al `Alam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cairo to Sharm ISA tomorrow

Sharm El Sheikh Yesterday

i will travel form Cairo to Sharm tomorrow morning , i have 2 seat if anyone would like to join

Ahmed

more
    • Travel during election time

Cairo Apr 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I am a 56 year old mother who will be traveling with my son (30) and his friend (24) to Sharm May 24-31, then plan on spending 4 days in Cairo, May 31-June 4. With the upcoming elections, what are your thoughts as far as safety/timing? We are all American citizens

more
    • nabq taxi or bus

Egypt Apr 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Can anyone please tell me weather I should use bus or taxi to get about from nabq bay to sharm etc and any idea on prices please.

more
    • Where to buy Sharm or Hurgharda? or is it best not to?

Egypt Yesterday

I am a british lady, married with two young boys. I have visited Sharm & Cario 3 times & loved it. I was even in Sharm when a storm broke out & killed people & the year after I was there, many shark attacks happen. Bt to ct a long story short I am buying an apartment in Hurgharda which is being build, as this is my budget. Some apartments have come up in Sharm just over my budget, do I buy in Sharm instead or stick with Hurgharda, as I have never been to that part, I am buying with Go Investment, the Jewel in the Magawish area. Or do I not by in Egypt with all thses things happening? All comments welcome, thanks

more
    • Aswan airport transfer

Aswan Apr 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

What is the usual taxi fare from Aswan airport to central Aswan?

more
    • Is it safe to visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, we are planning a trip in August and have a stop-over at Cairo for 13 hours (12:30 pm - 2 am) and 17 hours (6 am - 8:45pm) both ways. I was thinking about doing the Museum on one day and the Pyramids / Sphinx on the other. Could you please tell me if it is safe to travel outside to the city? I read an article which said that the Egyptian government is wooing tourists to visit places like Luxor and Aswan, but are not promoting Cairo. Also would you advice that we do both on the same day?

more
    • Latest Train travel in Egypt from Cairo to Luxor and suitable to travel with 5 year old??

Egypt Mar 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi there,

I've been to Egypt several times but not for 10 years. I'm a UK passport holder and I'm debating about going with my inquisitive 5 year old daughter in May and taking by train from Cairo to Luxor. Can anyone tell me if the day trains are still running between Cairo and Luxor and how you can book a ticket? Also, its a repeated question but how safe would Cairo and Luxor be with a 5 year old? I've had great experiences in the past but not sure what to expect now!

Many Thanks

Richard

more
    • travel from hurgharda to dahab

Egypt Apr 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hi is it safe for us to drive from Hurgharda to Dahab , we are british and moving to Dahab in june. is there a ferry from Hurgharda to Sharm ??

more
    • Should I visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Greetings, I am thinking visiting Cairo to see the Pyramids and such a couple days after the elections? Is this advisable? Will is be safe after the elections? Thanks for any advice and help you can give me.

more
    • UNSURE AND SCARED

Cairo Apr 2, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Just really frightened by whats going on in cairio , i fly out on the 16th May and have been told that the elections take place 26th-27th may i am going there to get married , i actually dont know what to do , this is the only time i have off from work and need to do this this year , my flights are booked , can anyone shed somelight as to their thoughts please

more
    • Bombs attacks in Cairo

Egypt Apr 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

We travelling from South Africa to Egypt from the 17th April to the 29th of April. WOrried about the uprising and bomb attacks in Cairo. Should we cancel our trip? Is it safe to travel to Egypt anymore?

more
    • Travelling to Eygpt in August 2014

Egypt Mar 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Im doing a tour of the major acient sites around Eygpt and i was wondering if anyone else was planning trips around this time and if i should be concernced for my safety? Im travelling with a tour company with two males and another female.

more
    • Is it safe to visit SHABAB CAIRO?

Egypt 18 hours ago

Greetings to you, I am planining to visit Shabab in Egypt. Is Shabab a safe place to stay? i have heard alot of bombing and fight in Egypt that scares me. Please Advise if i can stay in Shabab.

more
    • should I cancel my August Holiday 2014?

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi
      Please could someone advice? my 12 year old and I are going to Sharm Grand Plaza Resort Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for two weeks in beginning of August, its our first holiday for years..Yet now many people are saying we should cancel it as it will be way to hot! I feel stupid for not checking before booking! Hotel and area has great reviews and look beautiful! but i'm worried it would be ridiculously hot for us brits? Any advice please?

more
    • Day excursions

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sharm, staying at the Hilton in Sharks Bay. We have looked at some things to do, in particular the quad biking, St Catherines and desert star gazing trips.

Is it cheaper or better to buy these trips when we are over there?? I see they are advertised through companies over the internet but want to get the best deal possible and was considering buying before we go.

Is there any other trips that are a must do when we are there, first time going to Sharm so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

more
    • VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR CONNECTING FLIGHT FROM CAIRO

Egypt Apr 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Hi, we are british citezens and will be travelling to Hurghada in August. Both ways we have a short stop over in Cairo and connecting flight (3 hours stop overs) . will we require a visa for Cairo and a separate visa for Hurghada? if so how much does the Cairo visa cost? Hurghada is around £10 per person.

more
    • Proposal/Engagement

Sharm El Sheikh 17 hours ago

Hi

I am going to egypt in May 2014, i want to ask my partner to marry me!

I was originally thinking of doing this in Cairo by the pryamids however ive heard that it is very busy and not very scenic

has anyone got any suggestions of where/how?
      I want it to be a beautiful/scenic backdrop

is there any excursions that i could book that would have a beautiful scene during it where i could do the deed?

thanks!

more
    • Advice on solo travel/working

Egypt Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

I need some advice a friend of mine is considering working in Egypt she's only young (19) and will possibly be traveling solo. I don't mind her going out there, I think it would be great for her! Just a little worried about her safety as I would really hate it if anything happened to her while she's out there.

While we were on holiday a few months ago, there were several guys and staff at that matter who gave her a lot of attention and being a bit straight forward with her.

Many thanks

more
    • From Alexandria to Cairo by boat (yacht or dahabyia)?

Egypt Apr 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I am doing research for a book. I have been in love with Egypt since I was 6 years old, but unfortunately never had the opportunity (read: money) to visit that country. I am looking for information on the navigability of the Nile coming from Alexandria going to Cairo, in the late 1890's, early 1900's. Yes, I know the Nile does not exactly reach that city, because it turns into a delta. But from what I've seen of old maps of Alexandria, there was a connection from the harbor through side canals--I think one was the Mahamoudieh Canal, if my memory serves me right--that allowed small boats to reach the Nile river. I believe there was a dam built near Cairo, that had sluices, but can't find exact dates. I would be very thankful of any information anyone could advance.

more

Near Marsa al `Alam

• Convoy to Luxor?

by JIC2 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Im currently booking a taxi for a journey to Luxor from Port Ghalib and have been told that we have to travel in one of the police convoys, can anyone confirm whether this is correct as I read that the complusory convoys had been stopped?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • ClaireB44's Profile Photo

Going in August 2014

by ClaireB44 Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I am a US/French passport holder (but act and speak like an American). Hsband is French. We have an opportunity to stay in Marsa Alam in August 2014. (condo trade)
      Is it safe? Should we book the tickets?
      Is August a good time to go (we will dive and relax 1 week)
      Should we rent a car? Or use other means of transportation?
      Should we attempt to visit the pyramids?

Every time I try to convince y husband, there is another bombing etc in Cairo...(yes I know it is very far!!)

Thank you

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • Tiffani23's Profile Photo

Marsa Alam

by Tiffani23 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I hope to travel to Marsa Alam in mid September, do you think it will be okay to go then?

21 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM
    • Is it safe in Marsa Alam?

by Raulinho Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hi all,

I am going with my fiancée to Marsa Alam on saturday 13th july (for 2 weeks). My question is simple, is it safe to go there? i know it is far from Cairo but just want to make sure :) i am actually not very worried :p

Thanks in advance for ur answers!

3 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    • MatthewH9's Profile Photo

safe to travel to marsa alam in april

by MatthewH9 Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM

is it alot safer down south near marsa alam? and is excursions to luxor and abu simbel still safe? and which would be the cheapest way to travel to abu simbel as its abit of a distance from marsa alam. thanks.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • Is this the best place in Egypt to Dive?

by marknz Online Now Feb 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM

We are planning a dive trip to the Red Sea in June. Just not sure where to go. I'm an experienced diver, my girlfriend needs to do her Open Water. Our options seem to be Naama Bay (Sharm) or Marsa Alam.

All advice welcome!

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • money exchange

by sotongirl Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 3:35 AM

my husband and I are going to the resta reef resort,and were wondering if you can exchange sterling at the hotel, or nearby.
      thanks

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • resta grand

by sophiedoyle87 Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM

i am booked to visit this hotel in january & have just receeved a letter notifying me of the downgrade from Thomson rating 5t to a rating of 4t, what is this going to mean to me? Should i change hotels?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    • Traveling between Marsa Alam Luxor/Aswan

by Mariatriantafillou Online Now Apr 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Hello,

I would like to travel by bus between Marsa Alam and Luxor or Aswan. Do you know if it is possible for someone to reach Aswan or Luxor independently with bus or taxi from Marsa Alam? I am not talking about a daily trip but a continous trip from one location to the other.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice

Thank you

Maria

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Building works

by Linum19 Online Now Feb 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Are there still noisy building works going on next to Brayka Bay Hotel?

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    • Travel from Luxor to Marsa al' Alam

by njkelly Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I've been told that a new road has opened up between Luxor and Marsa al'Alam and hence its a much shorter trip. Can anyone confirm the details of how I would get to and from, also if I just returned up it is easy to get accomodation and diving ? Thanks !

2 Answers Nov 20, 2010 at 2:56 AM
    • eeabank's Profile Photo

Brayka Bay Hotel Marsa Alam

by eeabank Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM

We will be going to the Brayka Bay Hotel in Marsa Alam in 3 weeks time,
      Can anybody give us any info about the hotel and area and any recomendations.
      Thank you

• MARSA ALAM - questions about shopping, taxi, and bus connection

by Mesje Online Now Oct 17, 2008 at 6:54 AM

I am going to Marsa alam and would like to ask some questions:
      1) I know that marsa alam is a small village only with hotels, but is there some market or shops with souvenirs?
      2) Is there a regular bus connection to Luxor, or i must take a tour from some travel agency? Because i would like to travel to Luxor independently and from there go to Cairo, so i need just 1 bus trip to Luxor...
      3) what are the rates for taxi from Marsa alam airport ? Are some taxis waiting in the airport, or need I to arrange the transfer in advance with the hotel?
      Thanks

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    • Taxis from Marsa Alam airport

by emz2go Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 5:57 AM

Hi

I am staying at the Three Corners hotel - its about 10 minutes by car from the airport so i havent booked transfers as I have been told its alot cheaper to just get a taxi.
      Has anyone taken a taxi from here before and can help me when it comes to prices and what currency they prefer? Are the drivers reliable? Havent been to Marsa Alam before

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    • travel problems

by orangeblossom26 Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 9:00 AM

I have booked through a tour operator that flies us to Hurghada with no transfers to Marsa Alam!
      is it worth pre booking transfers with a private company or shuld i chance it and get a taxi when i get there?
      Any info will be appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • 1978scotty's Profile Photo

flights from the uk

by 1978scotty Online Now Jul 17, 2007 at 12:02 PM

This seems to be a great holiday location for diving snorkling and chilling but the flights from the uk seem to go on wednesdays only, is this true or is there other ways of getting there?

Thanks in advanced,

Scott.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • Port Ghalib (or Ghaleb)

by cidercyber Online Now Jul 17, 2007 at 5:16 AM

We are considering a holiday at a new Three Corners hotel in the port area. I would welcome advice on this area, is there much building work at the moment. Also what possible short land based excursions are there.

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • Can we get to Lake Nasser of the Nile?!

by holliehinett Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 10:34 AM

We are visiting Marsa Alam next year, and my partner would like to go fishing at Lake Nasser or the Nile(truth is, thats the only reason we are going to egypt, but i wanted to be near the beach and go snorkelling lol!) Does any one know how we could get to lake nasser or the nile from marsa alam, and how much it would cost? Also any info on fishing over there, such as prices and wether fishing kit can be rented would be appreciated (but not sea fishing!)

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Marsa Al Alam in October

by Unitedsteve Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Myself and our 2 children are going to Dreams Hotel in October. Anyone been before and got an opinion?

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    • doooina's Profile Photo

Marsa al Alam - Things to do

by doooina Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 7:14 AM

I will spend one week in Marsa al Alam (Ventaclub) at the end of March. I will be with my husband and my son who is 7. I'd like to have ideas about things to do there. I know about the trip to Luxor but it seems to take too long to get there.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM

by doooina Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 6:45 AM

I will spend one week in Marsa al Alam (Ventaclub) at the end of March. I will be with my husband and my son who is 7. I'd like to have ideas about things to do there. I know about the trip to Luxor but it seems to take too long to get there.

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM

by doooina Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 5:26 AM

Flight Marsa al Alam - Luxor

by doooina Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 3:35 AM

I will be in Marsa at the end of March. I will be staying at the Venta Club with my family. I would like to go to Luxor but the travel via bus seems to be too long. Does anybody know whether there is the possibility to get a flight?
      Thanx!

1 Answer Mar 2, 2007 at 5:37 AM
    • Can anyone please help me?

by grooveamanda Online Now Dec 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM

i am travelling to Marsa Alam on the 20th December and have just been advised tranfers are not included, to add them through my agent it would be £160 which is far too much, does anyone know if taxis are readily available at the airport?

If yes how much should we be prepared to pay roughly?

Any info would be much appreciated as cannot seem to find any sites that can help me.

Thank you

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • alwad barakka diving camp

by arieplugge Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 2:54 AM

we where there its great and i can give you information if you want

2 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 11:39 AM
    • taxitaxi

by debragl Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Hi..I have booked a holiday for myself and 7 year old only to find tour operator has no taxi transfers..Can anyone advise how much I should be paying for a taxi to Brayka Bay Hotel Marsa Alam...Think it is around 30 mins from airport..Have tried several sites to no avail...Great start to my hol...am stressed out already!!!
      Any advise greatly appreciated

2 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 5:31 PM
    • Airport transfer to Brayka Bay Reef Resort

by I4n Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 1:56 PM

We are landing at Marsa al `Alam Airport on 29 November 06 and need to transfer to Brayka Bay Reef Resort.
      Any idea if taxis are easily available at the airport and how much it will cost?

2 Answers Dec 8, 2006 at 5:51 AM
    • marsa alam snorkelling and dolphins

by artysuz Online Now May 1, 2006 at 5:53 AM

I am travelling with my 12 year old daughter to the Brayka Bay Hotel in May. We are both keen snorkellers but won't be diving. Does anyone know what day trips are available and what they might cost? My daughter is desperate to see (or even swim with) dolphins and we'd both enjoy boat trips - but they seem to be for Divers; would we be welcome too?

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • Day trips to Luxor & Temperature

by plav Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Hi - I am going to Marsa Alam on the 23rd Dec. What will be the temperature around then & where can you book a day trip to Luxor from. I am staying in the Sol y Mar Samaya.

Many thanks

Paul

1 Answer Jan 20, 2006 at 10:48 PM
    • Land transportation from Marsa Alam

by fepa Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 6:16 AM

I will be arriving to Marsa Alam airport by late August. Despite there is some information in the internet about land transportation from that airport, it is not very clear concerning schedules. Namely, what I would like to know is:

1. How far is the airport from Marsa Alam?
      2. Are there buses from the airport to the city center and how long does the trip take?
      3. If so, how frequent are they and what time does the last one of the day leave?
      4. How much does the trip cost approximately?
      5. What time does the bus to go to Aswan passes by Marsa Alam and how much does the trip cost?

Thanks in advance for reading this e-mail.

Kind regards,

Fabián

1 Answer Aug 9, 2005 at 12:24 AM