Marrakesh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Does anyone know a clean budget hotel like Ryad mogador at bab doukkala. Just for nice breakfast. It must be placed safely for late night returning and not in the spooky Medina.i say bab doukala because its twixt guelis and la place jemma el fynaa.

more
    • Good budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Can you tell me of a well placed clean budget hotel just for breakfast. I have found Ryad Mogador at bab doukkala very good as it's twixt gueliz and la place - jemma el fyna. Please not a hotel/riad in Medina as it's scary at 4am in the dark.

more
    • Living in Marrakesh

by Melina78 Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Hi everyone
      I was offered a job in Marrakesh and I'm seriously thinking to move there from London. I'm gonna go by myself.
      I've never been there before and unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to visit the country before I accept the job
      What do you think are the most important thinks I need to know about how is living there?
      Thanks

more
    • Any positive views of Marrakech?

by riubambuer Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Just wondering after reading all the comments on the warning tips, if Marrakech is really the place I want to go to, I am due to leave on 28/04/15 but am thinking am I better to stay at home? No one seems to have a good word to say about it!

more
    • Living in Marrakesh

by Melina78 Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Hi everyone
      I was offered a job in Marrakesh and I'm seriously thinking to move there from London. I'm gonna go by myself.
      I've never been there before and unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to visit the country before I accept the job
      What do you think are the most important thinks I need to know about how is living there?
      Thanks

9 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 9:40 PM
    • Any positive views of Marrakech?

by riubambuer Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Just wondering after reading all the comments on the warning tips, if Marrakech is really the place I want to go to, I am due to leave on 28/04/15 but am thinking am I better to stay at home? No one seems to have a good word to say about it!

17 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 1:03 AM
    • budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Does anyone know a clean budget hotel like Ryad mogador at bab doukkala. Just for nice breakfast. It must be placed safely for late night returning and not in the spooky Medina.i say bab doukala because its twixt guelis and la place jemma el fynaa.

4 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    • Good budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Can you tell me of a well placed clean budget hotel just for breakfast. I have found Ryad Mogador at bab doukkala very good as it's twixt gueliz and la place - jemma el fyna. Please not a hotel/riad in Medina as it's scary at 4am in the dark.

5 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 8:43 AM
    • nice people

by blackforestgirl Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hello,I would like to meet some interesting mature local people,interested in culture,art and nature , next week in M.Any body know somebody there.??I can imagine a nice intercultural chat over a cup of mint tea.
      Thank you

7 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • Marrakesh to Chefchaouen (Blue City)

by biancatoni Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 5:48 AM

Hi, Does anyone know the easiest and cheapest way to get from Marrakesh to Chefchaouen? preferably if there is a night bus and if so how much?

Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 9:37 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Marrakesh - query

by csuresh Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 4:28 AM

We have finalized our trip for next month having full 3 days in Marrakech. First day we want to visit part of the top 10 attractions that Google throws for Marrakech - Menara Gardens, Majorelle Garden, El Badi palace, Koutoubia Mosque, Marrakech museum and around Jemma El fna. We will be using paper maps - any other tips. What is the best way to navigate from one place to another? Day 2 - we plan to use guided Atlas mountains and trip. Day 3 - we have a late night flight so have full day with us - is there any tours that one can recommend where we can spend around 5-6 hours including travel and visit? I will be travelling with my wife and 2 daughters aged 9 and 6. I have asked a general query earlier and with plans getting firm - wanted to goto next level to check-up

6 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM
    • Money exchange

by pmy3 Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM

I'm in London and will be headed for Marrakech soon. Can someone tell me the best place to get the dirham. I'm getting conflicting stories!

11 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    • How far to Medina

by pmy3 Online Now Feb 28, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Hi, I am taking my mother to Gueliz, how far is Medina from there?

7 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 1:36 AM
    • Licensed tour guide

by dkimzey Online Now Feb 25, 2015 at 4:01 PM

How can I prearrange to book a licensed tour guide. One to pick up at the airport and one to show us around the Medina, Souks, etc... Any recommendations? Must speak English. There will be 4 of us.

5 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel in April - Queries

by csuresh Online Now Jan 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I am in initial stages of planning a trip to Marrakesh - Morocco. I plan to have around 2 1/2 days to spend in and around of Marrakesh. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids (aged 9 and 6). My questions are
      - Is this place safer - we will not stay outside after dark but wanted to get some cautions/comforts
      - are there any health issue to ebola or other scars going on in Africa
      - If I need to visit sight-seeing places, what is the best mode to travel important places. Are there good group tours that one can recommend?
      - Generally what are the must-see places that you will recommend

8 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

general safety question...

by monicarc Online Now Jan 13, 2015 at 10:35 AM

just wondering, is it safe to wear an american style wedding ring in marrakesh and the surrounding areas? I always ask this question when i go to a new place, thailand/cambodia(yes), colombia (no don't wear it!), etc, so I am not picking on marrakesh in particular!!!

8 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25 PM
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants

by Autumn9 Online Now Jan 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Marrakech? How easy is it to get a vegetarian meal in a regular eating place and what should be asked for?

Autumn9

5 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • is it safe

by jessie1963 Online Now Dec 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

is it safe, are muggings common

5 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • is the harrassment bad

by jessie1963 Online Now Dec 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM

is the constant harrassment spoil things

17 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Need to prebook excursions?

by monicarc Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hoping to visit marrakesh mid march of 2015 and was wondering if day trips (tuesday berber market and ait benhaddou) need to be prearranged or can i just arrange while there? we would be arriving in the evening on a sunday. we would hope to do the tuesday berber tour and go to ait benhaddou on wednesday. I have been looking at the tours offered online, but mainly just to get an estimate of how much i will be spending. thanks.

5 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    • tagine dish

by Mozartbailey Online Now Nov 8, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I enjoy a beef or lamb tagine and.a cheese toasty at Cafe Atlas. Its nice but more of a snack meal than a main dish.Where do you advise for a succulent tagine - a dish as tasty as the bouncing belly dancers

12 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • cosey bar with oriental band

by Mozartbailey Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Does anybody know a bar with live oriental music in marrakech
      Or a pub type place with the music

11 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • protocol vis a vis belly dancers (Closed Thread)

by Mozartbailey Online Now Nov 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Can you tell me the protocol and etiquette I should adopt to the marrakesh exotic belly dancers. If one approaches do I tip. How much and where do I place the money.

33 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • belly dancers

by Mozartbailey Online Now Oct 28, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Am I safe a la premiere etage A comptoir darna. Am mindful of belly dancers and other prancers there

10 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • Things to see

by Mozartbailey Online Now Oct 28, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Are the various gardens good to see and what other cultural phenomena are worth seeing.That bare old palace Bahia bored my pants off me last year

24 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • Bus Transport November 2014

by Samaya155 Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM

hey there! where can I get information about the time table for the soupratours bus service from Marrakech to Essaouira. We are arriving at RAK airport at 17:05h, have only hand luggage and want to go directly to Essaouira. Is the bus leaving from the airport or from the city center?

15 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    • excursions

by Mozartbailey Online Now Oct 19, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Are there any day trips to do on a weeks stay in Marrakech. Essouira is too far sadly . any ideas.

11 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    • a good steak

by Mozartbailey Online Now Oct 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Where can I find a nice steak - entrecote maitre d hotel at a reasonable price and have red wine in Marrakech.early evening

3 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM
    • bar Samovar

by Mozartbailey Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Does anyone know this bar which serves cheap beer. Where is it and is it an experience

5 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    • how much for a jumper in morrocco

by PatrickP10 Online Now Oct 3, 2014 at 3:24 AM

how much should I pay for a decent xxxl sweater made from pure wool in Marrakesh or cassablanca

2 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • travelling alone

by dagauntlet Online Now Sep 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

i heard that travelling to marrakesh and meeting a friend u know is bad and people can get arrested for that is that true or not i really need to know

48 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • karlos1968's Profile Photo

marrakech

by karlos1968 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM

hi guys, so wheres the best place to eat , morning , noon and night . thanks karlos

31 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 9:22 AM

off the beaten track

by karlos1968 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM

i'm off to marrakesh in october. has anyone any suggestions of things to do that arent your usual tourist traps/boring !! open to anything really , Its a 5 day stay so can do a night way if desired. Thanks karlos

15 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM

cash exchange

by karlos1968 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM

hi guys, whats or how is the best way to change uk sterling in marrakesh? do i take cash, bank card, credit card or travellers cheques? many thanks karlos

14 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM