change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Odiya's Profile Photo

Cruise from Spain to Morocco

by Odiya Online Now Jan 30, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Is there any cruise available from Spain to Morocco? Can I buy the service on line?

2 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 5:04 AM
    • bbecerik's Profile Photo

Canarian to Morocco

by bbecerik Online Now Jan 3, 2016 at 4:55 AM

Is there anyway from Marrakesh to Canarian Islands with ferry via Agadir? (The plane days is not suitable for me )

4 Answers Jan 3, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • Car hire Marrakesh

by mogster Online Now Jan 1, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Happy New year travelers!

Just a quick question (or 2 :)), have any of you heard of or used Medloc car hire in Marrakesh? I was going to use Malta car (thanks angiebabe) but they didn't have availability. Medloc get good reviews on TA but feel you get more honest advice and info on here so thought I'd ask before booking. I keep reading horror stories about even the big companies Hertz, Europcare, Avis etc so thought it may be good to give a small independent a go. Anyone else bought additional insurance too? I'm a bit freaked out by the massive credit card depositis and £800-1000 excess on nearly all car hire terms there.

Thanks in anticipation!

M

5 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    • Is it Safe??

by nicknicknicknick Online Now Dec 7, 2015 at 1:45 AM

i have tickets to visit Marrakesh in January. So trying to find out, hopefully from folks living there, is it safe for tourists at the moment or should i stay at home??

Thanks for any advice.

Nick...

18 Answers Dec 16, 2015 at 2:10 AM
    • Riad collection from airport, rip off?

by mogster Online Now Nov 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Hi fellow travellers
      Just a quick question. I've contacted the riad I've booked asking how much to collect us from the airport. They want €30 (€20 for couple plus €5 per additional, 2 adults and 2 kids). Our flight arrives at 3pm, first week February. From what I've read this seems expensive but I don't want to offend the riad owner before we get there!

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
      M

9 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • Marrakesh airport

by ChasY Online Now Nov 24, 2015 at 3:32 AM

In yesterday's paper Philip Hammond (MP) stated there were concerns about security at Marrakesh airport, I'm due to go on a short break there in early December. Should I still go or should I cancel my trip?

4 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 7:40 AM
    • Clothing recommendations for trip near end of November (female)

by Strangeland Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I an struggling to know what to pack for a trip later this month - will it be very warm or is it jeans type weather?

2 Answers Nov 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    • Best place to stay

by vagareestresado Online Now Oct 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Where is the best place to stay in the medina?

6 Answers Oct 4, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • Forum/Agency recommendations?

by DLW728 Online Now Sep 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Marrakesh in December. It will be the two of us and we would like to book hiking and desert excursions with a larger group. Does anyone have recommendations on agencies or other forums for additional information?

Many thanks,
      DL Wilson

3 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Accra to Marrakesh/Casablanca

by alycat Online Now Sep 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I will be traveling to Ghana with a 1 and half year old kid from the US in December. I want to visit Morocco too on the way back home. I looked online and found connecting airlines taking passengers to Europe and Mid east and bringing them to Morocco. Is there a cheaper and shorter way to fly to Morocco (Casablanca or Marrakesh) from Accra, Ghana?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Ali

4 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    • Travel toMarrakech

by Phil92 Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 4:19 AM

Hej Dear All, I will go to Marrakech end of November. I travel alone and never have been visiting countries other than in Europe before. I will stay for 5 nights at a hostel. My embassy warn to go there and in particular warn to avoid going outside the city, to villages in the mountains etc. This is mostly because of the recent conflicts regarding ISIS (hostage-taking), Algeria, Mali, Mauritania, and Western Sahara.

Do you have any recommendations? How to behave, what to expect, what to avoid, preparing my trip, maybe staying at a safer hotel?

Thanks in advance, Phil

9 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM
    • Non married couple

by elena_31 Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 9:40 PM

My partner and I were planning to go to Marrakesh next October, but we've read that the hotels wouldn't let us sleep in the same room, therefore we should book two rooms. Is it that serious?

5 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 5:22 AM
    • Marrakech terror alert/safety july 2015

by collinsew Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I'm considering cancelling my trip to Marrakech, Morocco (I leave tomorrow) due to the recent terrorist attack in tusnia and the recent terror alert in the country. Any advice on this? Does anyone think its safe to go now or should I cancel my trip completely?

22 Answers Oct 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    • Festival Eid september 2015

by Mozartbailey Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19 AM

If i visit marrakech 26 sept.2015 for a week will Bars be normal and full of Maroc people

7 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    • Jtbelly's Profile Photo

Shipping my treasures home

by Jtbelly Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 7:45 AM

What's the best way to mail or ship to the U.S. from Marrakech? Fedex? DHL? I'm not planning on buying too much in the Souks but what if I find a tea set I can't live without? Or a bargain on Djellabas? This is not our last stop in our travels so I don't want to cart a full suitcase around with me til I leave for home.

5 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • Jtbelly's Profile Photo

Visiting during Ramadan

by Jtbelly Online Now Jun 20, 2015 at 12:07 AM

I just realized that we will be in Marrakech for a few days through Weds. July 15th during Ramadan. Being a non-muslim, what should I expect and what can I do to show repect during this holy time?

8 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM
    • Any tips about Marrakesh???

by Gillbraziil Online Now May 21, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Hey VTs,

I am intending to go to Marrakesh end of July.

I will be on my own (thoughts). I would like to know tips about my idea and what to do when I am there.

That it`ll be a short weekend break (Thu-Mon).

Looking forwar to hear your thoughts???

14 Answers Oct 8, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • Nice budget cafe/restaurabt

by Mozartbailey Online Now May 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Can u advise me of good clean cafes to eat midday or early evening. Low cost. I deem la cafe de poste et kechmara as expensive ones. I travel 5/6/15

3 Answers May 25, 2015 at 8:32 PM
    • sabrina2020's Profile Photo

who is traveling to Marrakech in may/ june ?

by sabrina2020 Online Now May 19, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi evryone
      If anyone here is interested to come to Marrakech and are willing to know the culture I will plan a time to meet depending on my work obligations. I do that because I feel that most of the tourists feel scared of all what is said about Marrakech but I have to tell you that you don't have to feel as such .I love Marrakech and it's people I can't live anywhere else I just find myself in this city. I do have friends coming from all the corners of the world and we just had fun together and some times I took them to visit my family in the mountains which totally calm and people there are very respectful. am here in need. I wish you a good stay in Marrakech city.

7 Answers May 23, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    • JohnO86's Profile Photo

cheap bars with local beer

by JohnO86 Online Now May 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM

can anyone tell where to go for a few cheap beers in marrakesh please

8 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    • ssaw's Profile Photo

Exchanging Canadian currency in Marrakesh

by ssaw Online Now May 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Is it possible to exchange Canadian dollars to dirhams at the Bureau de Change at Marrakech airport?
      I've seen some similar questions regarding European currencies, but I'm wondering if I will have trouble with my Canadian dollars.
      Thanks for any advice. I'm very excited to go to Marrakesh, and VT has been a great resource during my trip planning!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM
    • Living in Marrakesh

by Melina78 Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Hi everyone
      I was offered a job in Marrakesh and I'm seriously thinking to move there from London. I'm gonna go by myself.
      I've never been there before and unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to visit the country before I accept the job
      What do you think are the most important thinks I need to know about how is living there?
      Thanks

12 Answers May 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • Any positive views of Marrakech?

by riubambuer Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Just wondering after reading all the comments on the warning tips, if Marrakech is really the place I want to go to, I am due to leave on 28/04/15 but am thinking am I better to stay at home? No one seems to have a good word to say about it!

17 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 1:03 AM
    • budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Does anyone know a clean budget hotel like Ryad mogador at bab doukkala. Just for nice breakfast. It must be placed safely for late night returning and not in the spooky Medina.i say bab doukala because its twixt guelis and la place jemma el fynaa.

5 Answers May 22, 2015 at 6:28 AM
    • Good budget hotel

by Mozartbailey Online Now Mar 27, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Can you tell me of a well placed clean budget hotel just for breakfast. I have found Ryad Mogador at bab doukkala very good as it's twixt gueliz and la place - jemma el fyna. Please not a hotel/riad in Medina as it's scary at 4am in the dark.

5 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 8:43 AM
    • nice people

by blackforestgirl Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hello,I would like to meet some interesting mature local people,interested in culture,art and nature , next week in M.Any body know somebody there.??I can imagine a nice intercultural chat over a cup of mint tea.
      Thank you

7 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • Marrakesh to Chefchaouen (Blue City)

by biancatoni Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 5:48 AM

Hi, Does anyone know the easiest and cheapest way to get from Marrakesh to Chefchaouen? preferably if there is a night bus and if so how much?

Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 9:37 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Marrakesh - query

by csuresh Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 4:28 AM

We have finalized our trip for next month having full 3 days in Marrakech. First day we want to visit part of the top 10 attractions that Google throws for Marrakech - Menara Gardens, Majorelle Garden, El Badi palace, Koutoubia Mosque, Marrakech museum and around Jemma El fna. We will be using paper maps - any other tips. What is the best way to navigate from one place to another? Day 2 - we plan to use guided Atlas mountains and trip. Day 3 - we have a late night flight so have full day with us - is there any tours that one can recommend where we can spend around 5-6 hours including travel and visit? I will be travelling with my wife and 2 daughters aged 9 and 6. I have asked a general query earlier and with plans getting firm - wanted to goto next level to check-up

6 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM
    • Money exchange

by pmy3 Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM

I'm in London and will be headed for Marrakech soon. Can someone tell me the best place to get the dirham. I'm getting conflicting stories!

13 Answers Sep 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    • How far to Medina

by pmy3 Online Now Feb 28, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Hi, I am taking my mother to Gueliz, how far is Medina from there?

7 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 1:36 AM