Marrakesh Travel Answers

change location
cliveozy's Profile Photo

solo traveler

by cliveozy Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Hi any one know who i could book day trips with in marrakesh as they all seem to be for more than 1 person. Booked a 4day 3 nights desert trip with gomoco.net
but might have regreted it has have read some bad reviews.thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Re: solo traveler

by smirnofforiginal Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Once you get to Marrakech you will find LOTS of people selling tours. All the tours runs via the same agency and prices are the same so it doesn't make an aawful loit of difference who you book with and it doesn't matter that you are a solo traveller - they simply fill the mini buses :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cliveozy's Profile Photo

by cliveozy Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Thanks.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

How long are you spending in Marrakech? Some places such as Essaouira are easy to reach by local bus.

• cliveozy's Profile Photo

by cliveozy Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Hi 10 days in july ive booked the 4day 3nights desert tour with gomoco.net the tours run through andotours but no info on the net for them.Just wondered if anyone had used them,i wanted a day trip to waterfalls & use another company but they all seem to be private for more than 1 person. thanks

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Hi have not heard of gomoco.net...have done a google of them and dontsee anyone in their photos that I recognise. There are more and more locals jumping on the tors bandwagon but quality control is not necessarily a feature yet practiced in Morocco! There are quite a few people I know in the touristy areas Id not go anywhere near with a bargepole!

The guy who I do recommend, but havent met myself, because hehas been consistently getting good reports and thus now has built up a very good reputation is Omar at www.cameltrekking.com

Have a look around our travelpages for info too. As for day trips i still reckon get a car and go yourself...the most enjoyable way to experience Morocco...or dont do as a daytrip do a circuit and stay overnight...i have great people you could visit down in Tafraoute for example and then do daytrips from there. Or if youd like a guide you can meet locals as well as get out and about to see good scenery and experience good places to eat

• Re: solo traveler

by orionteo Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

I am intending to sign up with gomoco as well. When are you travelling? Can you share with me your experience after that?

• diana4zin's Profile Photo

by diana4zin Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM

can you give an update on gomoco? i'll be in Marrakech in August and i plan on using them.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines