Marquette Travel Answers

change location

General Question

by BrianWeb Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Back in the mid 70's there was a bar/rest. that served the best home made fries. It was called Paps Pub, I'm coming back to the UP next summer when I retire and was wondering if it is still in town. If anyone has any tips now days where there might be a great place to stay for a week,(that won't break the bank) please let me know. A place with a nice view would be great. Thank You, Brian.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Re: General Question

by KimberlyAnn Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hi Brian, I have been to Marquette quite often, and have not heard of the Paps Pub, but this doesn't necessarily mean it is no longer in town. I would suggest that you email Chet (yooperprof). Yooperprof (members.virtualtourist.com/m... lives in Marquette, and if he hasn't heard of it, he could at least look in his phone book to see if it is listed.

I can't help you with the place to stay question, as we always stay on our boat or at a friends camp. Maybe Chet can help you there also, although I have found, being from a tourist town myself, that since I never use the motels/hotels, I don't know as much about them as I should. Still, maybe he knows enough to help you out.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the UP, Marquette is a very nice town, with lovely beaches, and historic buildings.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Re: General Question

by yooperprof Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Hi! Let me ask my friends about Paps - I'm pretty sure someone will know what happened to the place.

Summer is of course our "high season" so I hope you can find a reasonably priced place to stay! I have directed friends to the Econo Lodge, which is a nice motel right across from the Lake:

http://www.econolodgemarquette.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines