Marquette Travel Answers

change location

How far is too far?

by MaryBlue Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Hi, folks...how far is Hancock from Marquette? I'm driving to Marquette and then on to Hancock from 'down below.' If I drive from Alpena to Marquette in one day, can I then continue right on to Hancock the same day without being really worn out?

I probably could figure it out on a map, but generally people who visit this website know a darn lot more about road conditions, constuction, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Toby_Garbe's Profile Photo

RE: How far is too far?

by Toby_Garbe Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Hello , How far is too far for you ? LOL well its about 2 hours from Marquette to Hancock but a really nice relaxed drive , so all in all you are looking at 6 hours from alpena im guessing. Marquette is a fun town to hang out in if you have the time and if you do make sure to stop by the Wooden Nickel :) Or maybe even stop in munising , its about 45 minutes befor Mar. and might be cheaper to stay the night , try Scotties hotel down town then head to shooters , or maybe the log jam. or email me for and other info ya might need . Anyways have a great safe trip :) and say hi to my yooper friends :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: How far is too far?

by missy_au Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 4:15 AM

A good website is map quest, google it. It has maps of just about everywhere and shows directions and routes to take. Very handy site.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines