change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Location, Location!!??

Venice 40 minutes ago

Hi, Everyone! I'll be in Venice in late November and need advice as to which sestiere I should stay in. I'll be renting an apartment or home so I am not interested in hotels. I'm currently favoring Dosoduro but I would really appreciate more info on the others! Thank you!

more
    • Altekaka's Profile Photo

San Silvestro vaporetto station

Venice Apr 28, 2015 at 4:58 AM

I am staying near the San Silvestro vaporetto stop in a few weeks. The station was temporarily closed for some work in November "for 5 months" but I have not seen any additional information. Does anyone know if the station has re-opened, or a firm date for the reopening?

more
    • gayle129's Profile Photo

How much is the train fare from Treviso to Venice

Venice May 3, 2015 at 8:34 AM

How much is the train fare from Treviso to Venice

more
    • Ideas for something special to do for a birthday in Venice

Venice Apr 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi,
      Just posted my first question but can't see that it has registered so I'll try again.

I had planned to take my partner on a helicopter flight over Venice for his birthday next Wednesday but didn't get a reply to 3 emails to Heliair, based at the Lido airport. No answers to phone calls at their Lido office either. Eventually got a number via the hotel concierge where we are due to stay. only to call and be told they are not running helicopter trips this year due to a 'family catastrophe'. So my plan has fallen apart - though of course I am sorry for the family catastrophe. So with less than a week to go I am looking for something interesting, unusual or special to do for him. I plan to take him for cocktails on the terrace of the Gritti Palace hotel in the afternoon so can still do that but
      ANY other suggestions would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Debra

more
    • how to get bus from the airport to padova

Venice Apr 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM

i need help there are many bus ,,but where is it outside the airport

more
    • Vogalonga and Itinerary questions

Venice Apr 7, 2015 at 3:24 PM

I am traveling to Venice with my mother by train Saturday mid morning or early afternoon on Saturday, May 23. We are leaving Venice by plane on Tuesday, May 26 at 1 in the afternoon, so we have 2 full days and a half day. I'm hoping for some advice or thoughts on my itinerary. I found out after we booked that the Vogalonga is on Sunday.

Saturday: Get familiar with Venice, probably do the vaporetto on the Grand Canal and see some of Venice in the evening after the tourists are gone by Piazza San Marco. Our hotel is by Rialto bridge/San Marco area.

Sunday/Monday: Vogalonga is from 9 am to about 3 pm, but I don't know that my mother and I will want to watch the whole thing. I've read from previous years that I should watch the start, and maybe around 11 or noon move to a different location to see them coming back around to the end. I've read up already on a few good viewing places such as Cannaregio, Campo San Vio or the Dogana. I imagine we'd want to watch for a half hour to an hour but I don't know that we'd want to watch for 4 hours or more.

Are there quick things to do or sights to see in the meantime? Do we need to arrive early Sunday morning to get a good spot to view? Should we not bother seeing the start, or the end?

We want to do the secret itineraries tour, but I know that is only in the morning at certain times, so if we watch the vogalonga, we will not be able to do that on Sunday. However, I also was hoping to visit one of the islands. Is it possible to visit Burano and/or the cemetery island in an afternoon on Sunday, or Monday afternoon after the secret itineraries tour, or do we need a whole day?

I doubt we'll have time to do much Tuesday before we leave, but perhaps the market? I understand the fish market is closed Sunday/Monday. Does that seem feasible if the flight leaves at 1:25?

more
    • Hotel Pesaro Palace or Bauer Hotel for parents 70th birthday trip?

Venice Apr 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi All!
      We are a group of 8 travelling in Venice June 5-7. I would like to book a hotel in a great location to minimize walking (will have 4 70 year olds with us) as well as a luxury hotel as it's a special birthday trip for my parents. Any thoughts between the two hotels below? Thank you!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

more
    • Buses to Padova

Iesolo Apr 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Which buses go from Iesolo to Padova? and I would like to know about prices of vaporettos Iesolo - Venice. thanks

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Traveling between Venice and Florence

Venice Apr 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM

I have several questions in preparation for my upcoming trip to Italy.
      We land at Marco Polo airport. What is easiest way to get to the Ghetto district, where are apartment is?
      After a week, we plan to take train from Venice (Santa Lucia station?) to Florence. Then returning to Marco Polo airport a week later for trip back to Canada. Looks to me like I should take train from Florence to Venice Mestre station and then a shuttle bus to airport. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom regarding these travel plans, thank you

more
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

car rental from Venice to Budapest

Venice Apr 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Can anyone suggest a cheap car rental for the above route ?

more
    • Vaporetto price

Venice Apr 6, 2015 at 5:38 AM

What is the price of vaporettoes from Lido de Jesolo (or Jesolo) to Venice?

more
    • Is it safe for 19 yr old female to travel (coming from US) from Venice to Vicenza alone?

Vicenza Apr 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM

My daughter (19) is supposed to attend a program a program in Italy for four weeks. She's never been there before. She has to fly into Venice, then catch a bus (20-25 minute ride) to the train station for a 1-1.5 hour ride to Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza and walk to Hotel del Ponte. She will be there for weeks one and four. For weeks two and three, they will be moving to College Valmarana Morosini (in Altavilla Vicentina, Vicenza). I'm not too concerned ince she meets up with the group in Bassano. It's just getting from the airport to Bassano alone. At some point they will be traveling to Milan (Ca’ Del Bosco, Franciacorta) and the director suggested my daughter could fly into Milan but then it would be a 3.5 hr train ride to Bassano. I wanted to fly over with her, but I can't fford to do so. Thank you!

more
    • Murano & Burano

Venice Apr 30, 2015 at 6:13 AM

We hope to spend a morning (or longer?) visiting Murano & Burano & we'd appreciate any inside information for first time, Aussie visitors to Venice. Having researched a number of sites, it appears doable without a tour (our preference). Are vaporetto tickets easily purchased & would we be best to travel in the early morning to try & beat the crowds? Any tourist traps to avoid on Morano & is it possible to view a glass blowing demonstration without the hard sell afterwards?
      Many thanks for any helpful suggestions 

more
    • Travel to Burano Island with Luggages?

Venice Apr 11, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Hi, we are going to disembark the cruise ship in early morning and have an afternoon flight on the same day. If I would like to go to Burano Island in the morning before we heading to the airport, how can I handle my check in luggage with me? Is there any places for luggage storage or any tours that can take care of the luggage? Many thanks in advance!

more
    • Beardedglass's Profile Photo

Our 3 Full-day Venice Itinerary (First time in Italy - Need advice)

Venice Apr 8, 2015 at 5:48 PM

This is our first time in Europe and we decided to go ultra adventurous by planning everything on our own. We're on a budget trip, so we might skip the restaurants and eat at the cicchetti bars, vaporetto rides instead of gondolas, San Giorgio's belltower instead of San Marco's bell tower, and other stuff I've read online that are much better alternatives to the tourist traps.

We'll arrive 10pm in Venice airport, so that'll just be spent sleeping, and on our 5th day we're off early morning. That means we have 3 full days in Venice. Our hotel is beside Ponte della Costituzione by the way and it has breakfast, so no problem there.

Without further ado, here is our detailed itinerary for our 4-nights 5 days trip to Venice. Comments, suggestions, criticisms, advice needed:

Day 1

• Grand Canal tour (by vaporetto 1) from Piazzale Roma to San Marco
      • Basilica di San Marco (before 9:30)
      • Palazzo Ducale (before 11:20) "Secret Itineraries"
      • Lunch at Dal Moro's and Suso Gelatoteca
      • Ponte di Rialto and its shops
      • Ca' Pesaro and Museo di Storia Naturale
      • Dinner at Quanto Basta and Cocaeta
      • Get extremely lost

Day 2

• Morning walk down to Dorsoduro area
      • Gallerie dell'Accademia
      • Lunch at Gia' Schiavi or Al Squero
      • Peggy Guggenheim
      • Santa Maria della Salute
      • Ca' Rezzonico
      • Gelato at Gelateria il Doge
      • Dinner at Colpo De Mato
      • Get extremely lost

Day 3

• San Giorgio Maggiore (by vaporetto 2)  and its campanile
      • Biblioteca Marciana
      • Museo Archeologico
      • Museo Civico Correr
      • Lunch and gelato at Ponte di Rialto area
      • Casa di Carlo Goldoni
      • Scuola di San Rocco
      • Dinner at Giardini Papadopoli area
      • Get extremely lost
      more
    • Tourism in Marostica?

by du_mottin Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I am having a trip to Venice this summer, and I am interested in getting to know a near-by city where my ancestors are from, named Marostica. I have a few questions about it though..

Is that a nice city to go to during July?
      Are there many tourisms sites to see there?
      Is the Italian spoken there different from that in Venice?
      Is it a big city (i know the population is only about 13-14 thousand.. but is there a lot to see?)
      Is it dangerous (crime-wise)?

Anything that anyone can tell me about that city would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

3 Answers May 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM