change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

photography

Paris Jul 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Is it possible to take photos inside the Musee D'orsay and Picasso Museum in Paris?

thanks.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Central Paris to Saint-Germain-en-Laye ca 20 Km/12 Miles, train with luggage or Taxi.

Paris Jul 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM

We will be arriving 3 or 4 nights before taking a Viking cruise departing from Saint-Germain-en-Laye ca 20 Km/12 Miles west of central Paris. Should we use a train with luggage or use Taxi We haven't determined which central Paris hotel yet and understand that will effect the answer and are looking suggested hotel areas too. 3 years ago we stayed at the Holiday Inn near Notre Dame and the Metro station, Saint-Michel and might consider that area again as it was nice. Also, we have stayed near the Eiffel Tower, on rue Bosquet and the metro stop Ecole Militaire and this was good too. Or should we consider spending one night before the cruise in the Saint-Germain-en-Laye area and there anything to see/do?  All input is greatly appreciated.

more
    • bedoucha's Profile Photo

Chanel Perfume & Make Up

Paris Jul 23, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Greetings!

Is Chanel Perfume (18 & Mademoiselle) plus makeup still less expensive to buy in Paris than in New York? If so, can anyone recommend where in Paris or is the Airport a better choice?

Merci

40 more days to go . . .

How about night clubs for single women in their 40's? Will be close to Latin Quarters. Love House Music!!!

more
    • Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center ,75014

Paris Jul 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM

hi

any idea about this hotel,

what about transportation from it by bus or train ,public transport card to city center or gare du nord

thanks

more
    • EURO RAIL TICKET BENEFITS

Paris Jun 30, 2015 at 2:41 AM

hi,
      I will be travelling via euro rail--1st class from paris to Zurich.
      Please advise, does this entitles me to free transport in paris? if yes which mode of transportation and how do i avail this ?

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

I need to know a little details about T+ tickets and Mobilis tickets.

Paris Jul 27, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I am planning to visit Paris in next few days. I have planned to access local transport . So this purpose, I need to know a little details regarding T+ and Mobilis tickets.

1. Is T+ ticket is valid is all metro , RER and buses? If so, is it available only for zone 1 and 2?

2. Mobilis is a day pass. So, if I buy a pass for zone 1 and 2, will I be able to avail all the metro RER and local buses with this ticket unlimited times in a day?

3. Can I buy these above mentioned tickets in automatic vending machines in any metro or RER stations?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • MartaiMarek's Profile Photo

Classic Cars

Paris Jul 24, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Hi,

I`ll be in Paris with a group of friends on Tuesday and as a fan of classic cars I was trying to find anything in Paris - but no luck. I know Citroen`s will be closed from today, I could rent 2CV but the price is exceeding my budget (and my wife`s level of acceptance ;) ). Maybe there is something similar to Berlin`s Classic Remise? Or maybe some private exhibitions?

Best regards
      Marek

more
    • paris to bruges

Paris Jul 7, 2015 at 11:08 PM

hi I found train prices are expensive ,320 euro for 2 adults ,any advice on 19 july
      thanks

more
    • train tickets from paris to bruges

Paris Jul 2, 2015 at 3:18 AM

hi which is cheaper to reserve round trip to brussell ,midi &then local to bruges,
      advise
      thanks

more
    • rmsg1228's Profile Photo

getting from airport to hotel

Paris Jul 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Another question for you all- there will be four of us traveling together. After a long flight from the USA/jet lag, I 'm not really thrilled by taking public transportation from the airport to the hotel (I think we have decided on the Holiday Inn Grands Boulevards). I have traveled enough to know that I will just be cranky, tired and hungry at that point (not a good combo and not in the mood to find my way away public transportation in a place I have never been before).

Would you recommend taking a taxi since the cost will be split by all of us or would airport shuttle be more economical?

Thanks again VT'ers!

more
    • rmsg1228's Profile Photo

Visiting Paris in November

Paris Jul 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Hello VT'ers,

We are looking into a trip to Paris Nov. 8-15th. We are going between 3 hotels based right now (1)Holiday Inn Paris Opera Grands Boulevards (2) Mercure Paris Monmartre Sacre Coeur, or (3) Novotel Paris Gare De Lyon. Has anyone stayed at any of these? Any suggestions?

I have read that the Champs Elysees Christmas market starts mid-November but I have not seen definitive dates for 2015 yet. Does anyone out there by chance know the dates for this year?

Also, is there a covered or heated Seine River Cruise at this time of year?

Thank you in advance!

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Paris Visit Pass

Paris Jul 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Hi.

We are 4 friends visiting Paris for 3 days. We are staying near Grand Boulevard. I would like know if its advisable to take the Paris Visit pass for 3 days or its better to hire cabs as we are 4 of us. Also is Uber avail in Paris ? How much would the taxi cost approx from CDG to our hotel or is it better to take airport shuttles ? My last question is if anyone knows of good tour to versailles as we have half a day to visit it.

Thanks

Neha

more
    • Great walk in Paris with views from above

Paris Jul 19, 2015 at 11:15 PM

My apologies, as I know this is a very vague question...I remember reading some time ago about a walk in Paris, it seemed to go up across an old Roman aqueduct or other ancient Roman ruin, with view below of Paris, and some park. Does ring a bell for anyone? I remember the pictures making it look great. Thanks.

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

cheapest way from Beauvais airport

Paris Jul 15, 2015 at 6:14 AM

Hi guys. My daughter is flying from a little airport south of France to Beauvais airport. Can you please suggest a cheap way into Paris from there. Suggestions please?
      Cheers Ann

more
    • heat wave in Europe

Paris Jul 6, 2015 at 4:25 AM

hi.
      i plan to take to Paris on 27th July- 04 august, in between i would also travel to Spain.
      how is the weather there and is it ok to travel with a 6 month baby?

more
    • hot wires hotels

Paris Jul 2, 2015 at 4:17 AM

hi any one tried hot wires deals for hotels in paris because it not refundale,is it true honest 4* means 4* or not accurate
      can I take risk or no?
      thanks

more
    • Best Shopping Malls to visit

Paris Jul 4, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hi everyone,
      Please could you tell me the best shopping malls to visit in Paris. We will be staying close to Eiffle Tower area.
      Also is there a good shopping mall that sells discounted brands?
      Also would like to know if there is a nice Fish & Chip Shop that sells good fish & chips at UK standards :) hahaha!
      Many Thanks for your help in advance.

more
    • maggiolina's Profile Photo

museum tickets

Paris Jul 11, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Is there a way to skip the queues, prebook tickets for Louvre and Orsay museums? I have read about the Paris Pass advertised here but it's really too expensive.

more
    • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Has anyone tried the RATP new rideshare partner?

Paris Jul 2, 2015 at 10:12 AM

I got an e-mail from RATP this morning advertising Sharette, a new ride sharing service they are recommending and seem to have as partners. It is 2.36 euros and 2 euros goes to the driver and .36 euros to Sharette. It sounds like a newer version of Uber which has had problems. Anyone tried Sharette or know anything about it? I'm curious.
      https://www.sharette.fr/

more
    • Walking from Louvre to Eiffel Tower?

Paris Jul 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Flight gets in just before 1pm, hope to get to hotel by 3pm, freshen up, and head towards the Seine to walk to Tour Eiffel for our 5:30 ticket time.
      How doable is this?

more
    • General Advice and Safety Tips for Going to Paris

Paris Jul 27, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to Paris in November, and have never been before. I would love any general tips or safety advice. I would especially like to know how the train/metro and the tickets work, what times of day and where pickpockets are most "active," where I can change money, and if pickpockets tend to target and steal large luggage. Thanks so much in advance for your help and advice!

more
    • Walk from Chatelets les Halle's to Hotel Therese?

Paris Jul 8, 2015 at 4:48 PM

How doable is this with some luggage (1 med wheeled bag, 1 small wheeled bag, and one carry on bag, between the 2 of us)? Google maps shows 3 slightly different routes 14-16 min ea. We will be taking RER from CDG midday. Hotel is just off of Rue Therese.

more
    • Train station info

Paris Jul 7, 2015 at 1:58 PM

We need to get from les invalides train station to pont cardinet as our apartment is in rue cardinet. As far as I could see it is line 14. Can we get on line 14 from invalides? Thank you

more
    • Getting around the Disneyland Paris Train Station

by eurekaonide Online Now May 29, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Dear All
      I am supposed to be going to Disneyland paris in August of this year, however I ahve a disabled vertigo member in my party and am now advised that the only access from the train to outside is either by Escalator or glass lift :-( neither which she can do - does anyone know of any other route or who i can contact in the station directly for help ?? I'm desperate :-(
      Thank You

14 Answers May 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • can we reach by bus from paris,marne la vallee

by Drghazi Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 2:17 AM

hi is it worthy to visit this mall for shopping ,prices r reduced
      thank u

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • OPENING HOURS ON JANUARY 1ST 2014

by rexsteve Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Is Marne La Vallee Shopping Village will be open on January 1st 2014??

Thank you

REX

3 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    • Cheapest way to travel from Hotel Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien to Charles De Gaulle Airport

by xanatos23 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Please advise me on the cheapest way to travel from Hotel Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien to Charles De Gaulle Airport and the journey.

Thanks

6 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Luggage Storage at Marne-la-Vallee Station or in Disneyland Paris?

by louisluo8 Online Now Oct 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM

We will check-out our hotel in Paris in the morning and travel to Disneyland Paris and spend the whole day there. We will then take the TGV train to CDG Airport to catch a 10:00pm international flight. So we have to bring our 4 luggages with us to the Disneyland. Is there any luggage storage either in Marne-la-Vallee station or in Disneyland? Your information is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Louis

5 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • Disney Shuttle Bus pick up point at Marnee-la-Vallee-Chessy Station

by ziztine Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM

From the CDG airport, I will be taking the RER to Marnee-la-Vallee-Chessy Station. Can anyone tell me where is the pickup point for the Disney Shuttle Buses? Is it easy to locate? I will be staying at Hotel Cheyenne.

4 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    • Half Board Standard meal vouchers

by ziztine Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I will be staying at Hotel Cheyenne from a monday to a friday. I have pre-purchased the Half Board Standard meal vouchers.

(1) Will the vouchers be issued by the reception only upon check-in at 3pm or will we be able to receive them upon arrival at the hotel? Am arriving at 6.05am at CDG airport. Am hoping to be able to use them at the Disney Park for lunch on that very day.

(2) I will be checking out on a friday. will i be able to use my meal voucher after checkout (which i understand to be at 11am) for lunch or dinner on friday?

Thank u in advance for any advice on this!

1 Answer Nov 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    • Nearest Monoprix store

by ziztine Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I will be staying at the Disney Hotel. Can someone advise which is the nearest Monoprix store?

7 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

Eurodisney tickets

by aymank Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Hi, is it worth buying the VIP passes for the parks? we are 3 adults and 2 children (5 & 3)
      will the children benefit from these passes?

Thank you

5 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    • transfer

by snedds Online Now Mar 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM

We are arriving at Charles de Gaulle on Saturday 3rd April at approx 3pm. We are looking for reasonably priced transfer to the Tulip Inn Marne le Vallee with a return to the airport on Friday 9th April at 8am. Can anyone help?

2 Answers Mar 28, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    • Coach from Marne la Vallee to Coulommiers

by stevegoodenough Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Can anyone advise of the availability of a bus or coach service from Marne la Vallee station (or nearby) to the town of Coulommiers? We are looking to travel on 13th May in the afternoon and return on the morning of May 20th. Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    • TGV from Charles de Gaulle?

by Dhanchett Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Please help me confirm if there is convenient TGV service between the CDG Airport and Marne la Vallee Cheesy.

I find a train which appears to take 10 minutes, and is a reasonable price. Around25/person US.

My conern is that no one mentions it on any of the forums, and when you google transit info you ONLY receive the option of taking RER B to RER A and then back out to Marne le Vallee.

Is it possible to connect with the free 'pink bus' to our destination, Marriott’s Village d’Ile de France from the TGV station? If not is this an easy taxi ride?

I'm concerned that this approach for travel from CDG is not promoted.

8 Answers Jan 13, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    • Eating in Eurodisney New Year's Eve?

by Bing1 Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 1:47 PM

Myself and my partner are spending new year's eve in Eurodisney. I expect it will be really busy, but I would like to book a restaurant within the park for late lunch/evening meal. I'd like to eat somewhere nice - where we can get a good meal, wine, etc.. but I'm worried there won't be anywhere available or that the meal will be too pricey! I don't mind splashing out a little bit but I'd rather not spend hundreds of pounds! Does anyone know of somewhere, preferably where I can book a table in advance?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 18, 2006 at 2:15 PM
    • Location of Hospitals near Marne-la-Vallee

by Arrowsmith Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 12:43 PM

Next month I will be a member of a party from Manchester UK, visiting Disneyland Resort Paris, we have twelve childen in the party and part of the risk assessment is to locate the nearest hospital. This is only in case of an emergency, would any of the members of the forum hepl me with my quest.
      Regards
      Arthur

2 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 1:24 PM
    • Quick help!

by Dan-boy Online Now Apr 20, 2003 at 11:53 AM

Hello all. Im off to Paris on Wednesday and I'm staying in Comfort Inn Lagny Sur Marne. Just wanted any views about the hotel. Whats the nightlife in Lagny? Lively? And any local clubs and bistros. Ive also heard about Disney club. What time does that close and are there any dress codes + what is the entrance fee. Many thanks PS Im off on Wednesday, my 1st visit!

1 Answer Apr 20, 2003 at 2:41 PM
    • Quick help about Lagny Sur Marne

by Dan-boy Online Now Apr 20, 2003 at 11:49 AM

Hello all. I'm off to Paris on Wednesday and I awas just wondering what this area was like. I'm staying in the Comfort Inn Lagny. So really just want to know it; 1. anybody has views about the hotel 2. What is the nightlife like in Lagny, should we go out there, is it lively? 3. Disney is close about 10mins drive. So what is the club like there, anybody know opening times, dress code, entrance etc. Sorry for the endless questions its just my first visit so wanted a bit of your knowledge. Thanks dan