Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Turkey Nov 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM

We are wanting to do a Bosphorus Cruise in the late afternoon. Is there any such cruise that we can take from Kabatas at about 5:30 or 6 PM and then return to Kabatas / Eminou at around 10:30 - 1100 PM. What would be the best options available? We are not so keen on dinner etc, however commentary or at least an audio guide would be a must. Thanks in Advance

• azharbd's Profile Photo

Istanbul Nov 26, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Best place for shopping with best price? Street markets allows bargain or not?

• azharbd's Profile Photo

Currency and Hotel

Istanbul Nov 25, 2015 at 2:31 AM

What should i need to carry USD, EUR or Turkish Lira?

also please suggest a cheap but good hotel at Istanbul (sultanahmet area)

• safran bolu to cappadocia

Safranbolu Nov 17, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Hi. i was wondering if there are direct bus from safran bolu to cappadocia? all that i have read so far said that we must take another bus from ankara. also i'll be travelling in december so will there be plenty of buses or are the numbers reduce? where can i find the time table?

Selcuk Nov 13, 2015 at 8:58 PM

We are to arrive at Izmir Airport at around 10:20 am and wish to process to Selcuk where we are staying for a while. One reads that Izmir-Selcuk train (there is one at 11:45 am) is a cheap option and that the railway station at the Izmir Airport is easily accessible. However some reviewers have commented that the trains which start from Izmir are crowded and getting on them with luggage and then getting a seat is a problem. Is it really that bad? Anyone with personal experience to help us decide please?

Goreme Nov 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM

We are travelling to Goreme next May and will reach Goreme at about 4 pm. We plan to spend two clear days after that. After reading suggestions on VT, we have decided to take the Hot Air Balloon and the Green Tour on Day One. The next day we plan to NOT take a tour but take a Dolmus to Uchisar and hike down the Pigeon Valley in the morning. Later, take a Dolmus to Cavusin and go up to Red Valley Plateau and thereafter to Avanos, Pasabag and Zelve. Request for 1. Comments and Suggestions on the overall plan. Can we do anything better? 2. Guidance on the second day when would be on our own.3. On the day we arrive, we have some hours before sunset. What can be done during this period? Is there time enough to go to Love Valley? We do not wish to visit Goreme Open Air Museum. Thanks

• KumarKumar's Profile Photo

Safety in Izmir, Turkey

Turkey 12 hours ago

I am travelling to Izmir from 8 to 13 December. Please advise how safe Turkey is as Terrorism Aspects?

• tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Taksim or Sultanahmet

Istanbul Nov 11, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Which area is better to stay if you want to do some shopping for souvenirs like lamps and ceramics? Taksim or Sultanahmet? Any reccommendations for accommodation and shopping?

• How safe is it to travel from US-Turkey(Istanbul)-India ?

Istanbul Nov 25, 2015 at 1:47 AM

I have a 2 hour stop at Istanbul Airport while i travel from US to India on Dec 8, 2015. As many others i am concerned about safety aspects of the place given the tensions in surrounding countries.
      Is it safe for me to travel from USA to Istanbul and then to India in December 2015?

• Turkey 2Dec to 11Dec 2015

Turkey Nov 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM

I'll be traveling to Turkey from 2 Dec 2015 to 11Dec 2015 with families of 8 including 2children from Singapore. After the breakout bombing news, this is really a concern to me.

Is it really safe there? Can somebody from Turkey really advise me how's the real situation there? I dont want a turmoil just want to enjoy ourselves without fear. Pls help... Thanks

• KirstyS's Profile Photo

Visa at the airport

Istanbul Nov 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Hi all
      Could someone tell me about the process for obtaining a visa at the airport currency to pay in? ....cost? ...duration? and the such like ...thanks ...K;

• What are some free tourist attractions in Istanbul?

Istanbul Nov 13, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul

• Christmas in istanbul safe?

Istanbul Nov 25, 2015 at 9:33 AM

I have planed my trip since september.
      Istanbul 24-27 of December.
      But, hearing all thats been going on with terrorist attacks i am a little bit alarmed and worried..... I do not want to cancel my trip nor be afraid.
      Can someone please give a picture of how is situation in Turkey now?
      Thanks in advance

• Is Marmaris suitable for families?

by Schnicks24 Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site and I tried to post a Q earlier before I signed up. Now I can't seem to find it so apologies if this repeats what I asked before!

We are thinking about booking for next July and this will be our first time in Turkey. We are a family of 5, kids aged 13, 11 and 10. We have no idea which resort may suit us and are looking at Marmaris, icmeler and olu deniz.

We don't want anywhere rowdy with stag/hen type groups but want some life and atmosphere. We always go self catering so somewhere with lots of restaurants (that cater for fussy unadventurous kids!) and bars with some light child friendly entertainment.

Also, we like places with a variety of activities/sights to keep us amused.

Can anyone advise of a nice resort with a beach suitable for kids (ie shallow, calm water) that ticks these boxes??! Suggestions of other areas welcome too. We have no idea where to start!

Thanks in advance....

2 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 12:15 AM
    • NadineC3's Profile Photo

Alone to Marmaris

by NadineC3 Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Hi smile emoticon
      I decided to come to the beautiful Marmaris ALONE end of August for 7 days, and i'm so excited.
      The travel agency booked me at Selen 2 Icemeler, I am not looking for luxury, just a bed to sleep.
      So since it's my first time, and since i'll be by myself, I really need your help to make a good plan.
      I like to go to places that local love, not touristic and not commercial, i also like old towns, bazaars, and dancing.
      Of course cruises, and beaches too.
      Thank you for your help smile emoticon

3 Answers Aug 9, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • fatih_ist's Profile Photo

Travelling to Marmaris

by fatih_ist Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Hi all,,i m new here ,, and i think it ll be great to have some help for my travels ;) i ll be travelling to Marmaris in agust,, some offered me to stay in hotel between marmaris city center and icmeler beach,, i m happy to hear your experience - suggestions about Marmaris, beaches,night life, hotels etc... Or let me know if someone wanna join me ;) Thanks all ;)

6 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 4:01 PM
    • Icmeler Bay or Marmaris hotel?

by Arzuaga Online Now Jun 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Hello, I will be traveling with my 3 grown up children to Marmaris in July, We will be celebrating my daughter's 15th birthday. The other 2 boys are 21 and 26 yrs old. I am not sure wether to stay in Marmaris or Icmeler Bay. We will stay 2 nights and on the day of my daughter's birthday I thought about taking a day trip to the turquoise coast. Any advice? I want it to be memorable for all of us in the best possible way.

1 Answer Jun 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM
    • is it safe to travel to marmaris

by Dianne4258 Online Now Jun 27, 2015 at 4:45 PM

is it safe to travel to marmaris

4 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    • places to visit closeby marmaris

by turkey2015 Online Now Jun 2, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Hello Fellas,

I am travelling to marmaris with my family (2years kid) for a week. Could you suggest me where can we visit except pamukkale, ephesus & rohdos island.

Thanks in Advance!

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 8:22 PM
    • Euros or Lira

by Susanrainbird Online Now May 30, 2015 at 5:05 AM

What currency do I need

5 Answers May 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • Busses to bar street?

by alltoowell1 Online Now May 21, 2015 at 1:08 AM

I am staying at club Alpina in July and didn't realise how far away it was to the beach front /bar street
      I was just wondering if there is any busses that run to these areas and if so how much are they? If not are taxis expensive?
      Thanks in advance

• travelling to marmaris

by turkey2015 Online Now May 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Hello Folks, I am travelling to Marmaris in June next month with my family. Now I read too many things about ISIS.
      Is it really safe to go there now? I have plans to visit Epehsus, pammukkale too. Please suggest. Thanks in Advance!

4 Answers May 24, 2015 at 1:18 AM
    • closed beaches

by daysofmylife Online Now May 18, 2015 at 12:43 AM

I was planning to visit marmaris this summer with my husband but I was wondering if there is any closed beaches for vailed women.I mean I 'm vailed but I really want to enjoy swimming without it ,so if there any hotels that have closed beaches for couples opened to the ocean?
      Thank you

4 Answers May 19, 2015 at 7:10 AM
    • HappyGilmore's Profile Photo

Marmaris Mid March

by HappyGilmore Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM

What is there to do in Mid March? We arrive 22/03/15 for one week and we are staying at the Rosy Hotel. Any tips greatly received.

6 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    • Marmaris or Icmeler?

by Wauchoped Online Now Mar 3, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Me and my wife a looking to head to Turkey for our 1 year anniversary (we are 24 and 26 years old). We plan to mainly relax at the resort but we'd also like to swim with dolphins, chill by the beach and possibly do some watersports. Which town do you think would suit us better? Also which town embodies more of the Turkish culture and less of the British holiday party scene?

Thanks! :)

6 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 6:31 AM
    • reataurants

by AdrianW14 Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM

what is the name of the restaurant boat by the atta turk statue in marmaris

• Romantic ideas

by Alfie27 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Hi I am visiting Turkey in April I really want to take my wife out to dinner one evening but somewhere special like a candlelit dinner on the beach with wine and fairy lights .. All that stuff! Anybody have any ideas.
      Marmaris area please

2 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    • (adult) shops or stores in Marmaris

by janckerklinsmann Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Are there (adult) shops or stores in Marmaris? if yes, where can I find them?

• (adult) shops or stores in Marmaris

by janckerklinsmann Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Are there sex (adult) shops or stores in Marmaris? If yes, where can I find them?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • re ugg boots

by IreneT12 Online Now Oct 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM

where can i buy ugg boots on line from marmaris

2 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • Know about suitable activates during my visit to Marmaris

by majthoub Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Hello ...

I`m coming with my wife to Marmaris from 19 to 23 of Sept and we already booked in Caprice Beach Marmaris hotel, so I would like to have some activates during my visit and welcoming any suggestions and advises

2 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    • to do in marmaris in one day

by AtamitooA Online Now Sep 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM

where to eat good turkish food
      where to have a drink
      where to party

in one day

3 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • lalsinghab's Profile Photo

Famous or Popular thing

by lalsinghab Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

We are from India. What is most Popular / Famous in Turkey?

8 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM
    • accomodation

by dazford Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 7:46 AM

best place to stay forvalue andcomfort in icmeler

3 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • currency turkey

by annependle Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Best currency marmaris Euro /turkish lira / Stirling / dollars.thanks anne.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • Nature of Marmaris

by Tuikin Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Is there any location, where to visit to see flowers. butterflies, etc ? I`d like to take a lot of pics. Is it possible to meet local help, to seek names of plants, names of trees ?

Any poisonous, venomous creatures to watch out ?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    • Any tips for travelling with infant and a kid in august

by monascout Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Any tips for travelling with an infant and a kid to Marmaris in august. any special tips for kids.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • Supermarkets nearby for baby amenities

by monascout Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Can i find supermarkets to buy baby milk and diapers near Grand azur hotel

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • marmaris holiday

by annependle Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Best place for watches in marmaris

2 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • long coats in leather

by annehauan Online Now May 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM

We are going to Marmaris for our holyday.
      Anyone who knows where to find a very long mocca leather coat?

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • watch face

by well45 Online Now May 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM

is there anywhere i can get a watch face made with a football as my club dont do the one i liked anymore its discontinued

2 Answers May 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • thursday market

by rosieposie120 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 4:44 PM

going to marmaris june with a 17 year old want to buy everything which market is the best mugla or marmaris for the genuine fakes

1 Answer May 3, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • Single travel, Prices

by Adam27286 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Do you recommend Marmaris as a destination for a single guy ? and is it expensive ?

3 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 1:46 AM