Marmaris Travel Answers

change location

royal garden hotel

by mrlywilma Online Now Jan 23, 2011 at 1:39 PM

hi can anybody help we have booked royal garden hotel for july and have heard it is closed this season travel agent not giving us much help anybody know
thanks

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: royal garden hotel

by balhannah Online Now Jan 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Have just checked booking.com
    booking.com/hotel/tr/royal-g...
    and see it says it is not possible to make bookings for this hotel. There are lots of other hotels to choose from, and it is a safe site.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: royal garden hotel

by mrlywilma Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM

hi i have booked hotel only with thomas cook but through travel agent king world travel thomas cook are saying hotel closed may & june but will be open july but have told some people it will be closed and are getting around to telling agents friends are going at same time with holidays 4 u and have been told and offered other hotel wish they would hurry up so we can get other hotel while there is still a choice

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM

If you have made a booking through a reputable company like Thomas Cook then you need not be over-concerned.

In the unlikely event of the hotel not being open in time for your booking (the fact that it is presently closed may simply mean it is being refurbished) then TC will find a suitable alternative.

To set your mind at rest why not contact them directly and check their policies about such matters?

by mrlywilma Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM

hi i have tried to contact them direct but all they will tell me that i have to contact agent i booked through as they can only deal with bookings made online or instore been in touch with a few people on trip advisor and holidays4u have informed their customers this hotel is closed and have offered other accomodation thomas cook has told some people who have booked for september but have not give our agent info yet

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Then you need to get onto your agent and insist they contact Thomas Cook, and insist they keep contacting TC until they (and you) know the facts.

Unless someone here happens to work for that particular hotel we are unlikely to know whether it is to be open or closed in July.

by mrlywilma Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM

hi have just been told to go to royal garden home web page and it has been disabled but has a huge closed sign through it so have copied it and will take to agent in morning this should be enough to get something done thanks for everybodys help

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 11:27 PM

You should have no difficulties in sorting things out with a reputable agent.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 11:28 PM

And if you do (I'm guessing you are from the UK) make an appointment with your local CAB as soon as possible. They will guide you on how to proceed.

by mrlywilma Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM

hi went to travel agent today they phoned thomas cook who confirmed hotel would be closed they are informing their package holiday customers first then they will inform people like me who booked hotel only if i want to change hotel i will still have to pay admin fee so i am going to book hotel i want with a different agent and when thomas cook get round to informing me i will cancel and get my deposit back very poor customer relations and i will not book with thomas cook again

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Well, at least you now know what is happening.

As for TC, terms and conditions will have been clearly laid out during the booking process. It may be that you would not actually be charged an extra fee because the closure of the hotel is not something over which you or TC have any control; that fee would be aimed at those who change their minds about a hotel, or their dates.

I can entirely understand that TC would inform their package customers first to ensure that they had the wider choice of alternative hotels: they will have paid substantially more money than you, and there will be other elements to take into account (included excursions, rep placement etc etc).

If you are just booking a hotel it is better, imo, to use a reliable hotel booking agency such www.booking.com or www.venere.com rather than a company which is mainly geared towards package holidays (Thomson, First Choice, TC etc). In fact, you do not need to use a travel agent at all; you can find your hotel and make your own booking online.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines