Marmaris Travel Answers

change location
DanielS73's Profile Photo

bookings

by DanielS73 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM

how can i book for the things i see on the website... like the turkish night or boat tour???

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • June.b's Profile Photo

Re: bookings

by June.b Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Turkish night can be booked at several travel agents, boat tour at the port, just buy your ticket at the booth. Turyol coop. has their own booth near the floating fish sandwich restaurants.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Don,t worry _ you will be pestered beyond belief to go on day trips!

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Is it so Colin? What do I do to get pestered, I was just there few days ago?

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We were in the town in 2011 and we were constantly pestered to go on day trips. At the harbour , on the sea front or in the shopping centre. Perhaps its stopped.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

No, it still does persist. I was just messing up with you Colin :)

Not much I think at the ferry port, they just kept on barking. But there are some along Istiklal Ave. - I had it last week though I am well aware already, so I pretend not to have heard the "where you from" pick up line. The freelance guides at Sultanahmet - I always pretend to not know english. The carpet seller in Sirkeci beside the sweet shop who said he just need a signature on his logbook - I kept on ignoring him. Just 3 to date since the start of this month. Never bothered me though, it's a part & parcel of being a "tourist".

1 member found this helpful

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

BTW, Daniel, just to give you an idea on the cost of the turkish nights and description of it, check this out:

efenditravel.com/Turkish-Nig...

efenditravel.com/Turkish-Dan...

I've been using their airport pick-up and car rental with driver services for some years now and they're very efficient but I haven't tried their tours yet.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see that the post is Marmaris, I thought it's Istanbul. Apology.

• Re: bookings

by kaygit Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM

If you are seeing the trips on a website, there will a contact email address. Send them an email saying when and where you are going to be in Marmaris and confirm the prices.

Most of the agents will be able to communicate with you in English and reply to you. I would check that they are actually based in Marmaris not a "country" wide organisation which then books with the local agent and often does not pass on sufficient details.
    But if you don't prebook, you will have the opportunity to do this on arrival for sure.

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM

In fairness to the travel companies they are very reliable. We did book some trips and the transport was always at our hotel to the minute. We had to cancel one trip due to illness and they were happy to Redbook us a few days later.

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM

're - book"

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines