change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tips for a night out?

Stratford-upon-Avon Jun 15, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend a good spot for dancing in Stratford on a saturday night, ideally not one full of teenagers?
      many thanks
      Christina

more
    • sat1503's Profile Photo

Night out for 30-somethings

Edinburgh Yesterday

I am lookimg for recommendations for a 30-something crowd in the city center. Anyone? Thanks in advance, Mike

more
    • Lunch around Glencoe

Fort William Jun 29, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Daughter and I driving thru around lunch. we are looking for some good home style Scottish lunch. any comments appreciated.

more
    • Things to do at Invergordon Port?

Invergordon Jun 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Invergordon Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • ireneqmann's Profile Photo

transportation

London Jun 21, 2015 at 9:51 AM

How do I get to Southampton Pier for cruise from Heathrow airport?

more
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Loch Ness boat trip

Inverness Jun 15, 2015 at 4:08 AM

Hi,
      We will visit Inverness this weekend. We will drive from Montrose early Saturday morning and reach Inverness / Loch Ness around 10-11 am. We would like to take a boat trip. Which would be the best way to arrange our itinerary? Should I directly drive to Fort Augustus and take the boat trip or do you suggest an alternative?
      I also appreciate your boat trip suggestions.Thank you for your help.

more
    • Transit from Heathrow while flying from Dublin to Delhi

Heathrow 11 hours ago

Hi, 

I want to travel from Dublin to Delhi by British Airways. I am an Indian passport holder currently in Ireland on Work Permit. I have Irish GNIB card. I need to Change terminal from T5 to T2 for connecting flight. Do I need transit visa in this case?

Thanks !!

Regards, Nitesh

more
    • Transit on a South African Passport

Heathrow Jul 1, 2015 at 3:25 AM

My client is traveling from South African to Canada via Heathrow. They will be changing terminals during this flight. Will they require a transit via or any other type of visa

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Places to eat and visit

Southampton Jun 8, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hi,

Kindly let me know for the places of visit in Southampton and nice places to eat with veg options please.

Anything that is must to do in Southampton, please let me know..

thanks in advance.

more
    • rock/gem shop

Bourton on the Water Jun 26, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Does anyone know the details of the rock/gem/crystal shop in Bourton? Name? Telephone number? Website?

more
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Hotel, B&B or Hostel accommodation in Faversham

Faversham Jun 24, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Hello, I hope someone can help me.
      I am planning to visit Faversham for the Hop Festival in early September. As it over two days I would like to spend some time in the town, staying overnight locally two nights.
      If any VTers are interested in this festival, beer tasting, live music, food stalls.. I propose a VT meeting.
      I have tried in vain using various hotel sites like booking.com, premier inn and travelodge, and have not found anywhere that is closer than 5 miles (Sittingbourne, Canterbury..) and I would like to try alternative local accommodation like a Bed and Breakfast (B&B), or even a hostel (I doubt if there are any)
      Can anyone please suggest a website that would include B&Bs
      I am even thinking of doing a reckie (looking around & visiting the local tourist office)
      I first visited Faversham with a group of Scouts, I remember there was an open-air swimming pool. The local brewery is Shepherd Neames, who started brewing their "Spitfire" beer as a tribute to The Battle of Britain anniversary.
      I am going to watch country singer Rheana Forrester (Narn) who is starting out and sings her own songs as well as covers of songs by Kacey Musgroves and Miranda Lambert.
      http://www.narn.co.uk/
      Jonathan

more
    • Things to do at Greenock Port?

Greenock Jun 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Greenock Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Laura

more
    • Mountains of Mourne

Northern Ireland Jun 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I visited Downpatrick several years ago and would like information about planning return visit. I was at Donard hotel and enjoyed the lovely sightseeing.

I will be using public transportation and need to know if there are any short stay sightseeing tours on offer I might connect with to enjoy this lovely area. Have visited Carlingford in last few years but do not have information on where I might pick up a tour, or even do 2 days sightseeing solo. Which area is better for overnight stop(s) and distances from towns to see the best views of Mountains down by the SEA! Thank you.

more
    • Festival in London

London Jun 18, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Hi everybody

I’m Belgian, and I would like to participate to the festival "British Summer Time" in Saturday 27 june 2015 in London. I need four places. I think there is no more tickets available. So can somebody help me ? Or is it possible to buy four entries tickets locally ? As I plan to stay in London two days, can you advise me a good hotel near the festival and not to expensive ?

Thank you for your help !

more
    • MayyaLarsson's Profile Photo

How to find a tennis partner?

Exeter Jun 15, 2015 at 1:38 AM

Hi! I'm going to be in Exeter under July (educational course)and want to find a person to play tennis with. Is it possible?

more
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Seating at The Globe

London Yesterday

My wife and I enjoyed our tour last year of The Globe theatre and would like to return for a performance. As I recall the benches in the theatre were uncomfortable. The Shakespeare's Globe web site makes it appear that the only seating is on benches. My wife has a bad back and could not sit there for long. Are there any comfortable seats in the Globe?

more
    • maseru's Profile Photo

Shops in Inverness

Inverness Jun 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi there,
      I would like to know if the shops are open for groceries on Sunday.

more
    • Data plan card usage at Edinburgh and London

London Jun 22, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I will be traveling to Edinburgh and London for 2 weeks and i would like to purchase a data plan card for internet and phone calls. I will be landing in Edinburgh first and hope to purchase the data plan card from the airport. Can the same data plan be used at both Edinburgh and London and what are the brands recommendable? Thank you in advance! :)

more
    • 2year old things to do

Southport Jun 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM

What is there to do with my 2yr old son we will b staying in southport next week mon to fri we found a lawnmower museum but thats alll we can find thanks in advance

more
    • Things to do at Belfast Port?

Belfast Jun 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Belfast Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Laura

more
    • Fashion in London

London Jun 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hi everybody,

I’m a Belgian student and i’m 21 years old. I love fashion and I know that London is the place to be there for. Could some Londonian help me to localize a vintage shop of clothing. I will stay in London just for sunday, so i would like to know if this shop is open this day. In addition, I dream to attend to a fashion show. Is anybody able to provide me with usefull information ?

Thanks very much !
      Bye

more
    • London trip

London Jun 18, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hi,
      I’m from Belgium, and I will be travelling with a few other friends to London in July and we are looking for affordable hotels which are in the more convenient neighbourhoods. Which would be recommended ? In addition, I have also visited the general tourist places ; Parliament Houses, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, Madame Tussauds, and Buckingham Palace. I am planning to be there for three day, so what do you recommend ? Finally, someone had suggestions for good restaurants and bar ?

Thank you for your help !

more
    • Youth group activities

Bournemouth Jun 17, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hi, I've got a group of 15-20 young people aged, 13-25. Weekend of the 7th Aug.
      Do you know of any hotels (B+Bs, hostels are fine as well) that can accommodate us?
      Also is there any active activities to do on the beach, like jet ski's extra that we can book?

Thanks
      Tina

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Is it the best place to stay for Porthcurno beach and kynance cove

Falmouth Jun 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi,

I am planning to visit the porthcurno beach and kynance cove over the weekend from Southampton. I have options to access only public transport. can anyone help me plan a trip to these places :
      1. as where could be my base.
      2. IS it better travelling from London or southampton for good prices
      3. what other places can be visited in 2 days
      4. Are there any day tours/trips from the base location.

Thanks in advance..

more
    • Glasgow to Skye

Isle of Skye Jun 14, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Travelling early July from Glasgow to Skye via A82 and stopping in Glencoe overnight. Does anybody have some Must see stuff on the route?
      Thanks

more