Marina di Pietrasanta Travel Answers

change location

Villa Ombrosa - Tea anyone??

by windass Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Hi
We are going with Travelsphere in a few weeks time to this seemingly doubtful hotel.....can anyone let me know if it is worthwhile taking a travel kettle or do they have facilites in the room? :-) Also, it seems the trips are rushed? Can you get to San Lucca or anywhere on public transport easily?
Many thanks........

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • domenicococozza's Profile Photo

Re: Villa Ombrosa - Tea anyone??

by domenicococozza Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Can't say I have any knowledge of this hotel, but as a rule of thumb, tea and coffee making facilities are not the norm in Italian hotel rooms.I've stayed in many throughout the peninsular from 2 star to 5 star, and have never once encuontered this facility.
    You may want to check with your travel agent or perhaps just call the hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • squizzy1's Profile Photo

by squizzy1 Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Hi!!!Have a look at www.exclusivetour.it you could contact them to arrange trrips from Marina di Pietrasanta to their destinations: Cinque terre, Florence, Siena, Lucca, Pisa...

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I guess you've seen the hotel's website - hotelvillaombrosa.com/lang1/... - where no tea making facilities are listed in the room as Dominic said...

Italians are more 'outgoing' than the British (and other tea drinkers) - they expect to have their morning coffee (or tea) in public in the morning, not in the room; hence the lack of facilities in the room.

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Marina di Pietrasanta