Travel Answers
Marina di Grosseto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• around the corner from Ghirlandaio's Last Supper at San Marco convent.

Florence Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM

There is a peita in the same room as Ghirlandaio's Last Supper -- I read that the room is the refectory of the hostel of the San Marco convent. I have recollection of it being on the wall to my right as I faced the Ghirlandaio. It looks like glazed ceramic,(a little chipped), white with blue background, in an archway of fruit garland. Does anyone know what it is and by whom?

more
    • JimC71's Profile Photo

Overnight Train From Paris

Florence Jan 7, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Traveling from Paris to Florence with a family of 5. Me, my wife and 3 children. What is the best and most economic way to book an overnight train from Paris to Florence. It's been a few years since the wife and i have visited Europe, but remember there are better ways to book travel by train than using the online sites available. Look forward to any and all tips.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Florence stay over New Year

Florence Dec 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Hi, we will be travelling to Florence tomorrow, staying until 4th January. We would like to take the train on a couple of occasions to visit somewhere up to one hour away. We have been to Sienna a couple of time, we have stayed in Lucca and Pietrasanta; we didn't like Pisa! I was wondering about Bologna - worth visit? We are open to suggestions.
      Thank you

more
    • Best way to get from Cortona to Venice

Cortona Jan 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Hi there! Just wondering what is the best mode of transport to get from Cortona to Venice? We were thinking train but I am having trouble finding suitable timetable information. I should be looking Cortona to Florence and then Florence to Venice? We were thinking of maybe having a look in Bologna on the way? Thanks!

more
    • Wheelchair friendly

Florence Jan 22, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I'm looking for information on Central hotels in Florence Italy that are wheelchair accessible and any other wheelchair user tourist advice. Thanks

more
    • First time travelling in Tuscany

Tuscany Dec 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Hello,
      This is my boyfriend and my first trip to Italy (both 30yr) We are staying in Florence for 4 nights from the 4th August.
      We plan to take the bus to both Pisa & Lucca during our time in Florence.
      After Florence we would like to plan a week touring southern Tuscany - Sienna, San Gimigano, Arezzo, Montepulcinao, Montalcino, Chianti and Val d'orca and any other places you might recommend - any feedback would be great.
      We ideally would like to stay in farmhouses (private room with ensuite) where we can enjoy farm activities, family meals and culture. Our budget is 100Euro p/night and we are flexible if this trip will take longer than a week.
      Should we hire a car? If so where from once we depart Florence? Should we choose a base for our accomodation? Or is there a better option? After Tuscany we plan to drive to LaSpezia where we will head to Cinque Terre.
      Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
      Many thanks.. Lisa

more