change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Car shuttle for thru-hike of High Sierra Trail

Sequoia National Park Feb 21, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Hello all! I am planning a thru hike of the High Sierra trail for summer 2015. While I have the logistics of the actual hike nailed down, I'm having trouble with transportation from trailheads. My plan would be to leave my rental car at Whitney Portal rd then hire a service to take me to the other side and leave me at Crescent Meadow.

I know it's a long drive and the few services I found are quite expensive. Curious if anyone has experience with other alternatives? Public transport doesn't seem practical. Suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

more
    • Walking around at night? Along the beach?

Half Moon Bay Feb 20, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Is there somewhere to walk around at night with a date? Either in or out of the sand?

more
    • NHL Tickets

Anaheim Feb 17, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Hello, I am travelling from Canada and would like to go to an NHL in Anaheim, Should I be worried about getting tickets at or infront of the Honda center? or should I be buying my tickets online before I travel down?

more
    • entertainment sunday nite for 60 and 80 yr old

Chico Feb 15, 2015 at 6:45 PM

like to surprise dad after dinner with something new HELP

more
    • Gisella7's Profile Photo

Looking for Advice on Traveling to San Francisco area and Hostels

San Francisco Feb 6, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Where is the safest hostel to stay a week for a single lady traveler to tour the San Francisco Bay area.
      Also anyone know of any group meetups for tours ? Any other female also traveling around March 3rd to SanFrancisco
      let me know. thanks

more
    • Lake Tahoe

California Jan 30, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Anyone driving to Lake Tahoe today?

more
    • jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Disney Pins

Anaheim Feb 17, 2015 at 4:13 PM

I am wondering how much it costs for the Disney pins in both Disney land and Disney World?

more
    • Vacation rentals

Santa Monica Feb 14, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Can anyone recommend any company's for vacation rentals in the area?

more
    • EmilyK75's Profile Photo

Living in Truckee, CA

Truckee Feb 9, 2015 at 10:15 PM

We're relocating back to the Tahoe area. We've lived in South Tahoe, Stateline, and Gardnerville. We're thinking of trying Truckee mostly because of the I-80 and easy access to Sacramento and Reno. Any thoughts on raising children (tweens and teens) in Truckee? My kids like outdoor activities and we don't care about shopping. But what are the people like?

more

Weather and clothing choices

Los Angeles Feb 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM

My family and I are coming to America in October. We will be visiting Los Angeles, San Antonio and Orlando. I'm wondering what the weather is like at that point of time and what type of clothing would were able to pack.

more
    • Finding locations

Santa Barbara 22 hours ago

Want to know how far from Stearns Wharf are Santa Barbara Urban Trail and Los Olivos Trail? Is the Los Olivos Trail the same as Los Olivos Promenda.

more
    • South Lake Tahoe

South Lake Tahoe Feb 24, 2015 at 7:58 AM

What are some activities to enjoy in South Lake Tahoe in mid-April?

more

October Weather

Los Angeles Feb 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I am wondering what the weather is like in October in Los Angeles and what type of clothing we would need at that time of the year

more
    • Gisella7's Profile Photo

Arriving in San Francisco in March any other Tourist visiting the city during that time ?

San Francisco Feb 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Wanted to know some of the best sights to visit and are there other people looking to visit some of the most scenic sights that would be interested in getting a group together ? message me

more
    • Where did we take this picture? Hollywood sign

Los Angeles Feb 10, 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm a British guy and this is a photo of me with my mom and sister in L.A. http://i.imgur.com/x7rnZ8R.jpg
      20 years later, I'm going back - very excited!

I'd love to go back to the same place and take a photo and I'm struggling to match the angle/location on Google Maps/Earth. Does anyone know or have any clues as to where we were standing?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Sam,
      @Sam__Alexander

more
    • Date ideas

San Diego Feb 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM

I'll be coming to San Diego late in March and I was wondering if anyone had any interesting and fun date ideas? I'm pretty open to suggestions but anything slightly unusual would be welcome too! Thank you.

more
    • music or something for 83 yr old daddy and 60 yr young daughter

Chico Feb 15, 2015 at 6:49 PM

HELP entertainment sun nite for old folks

more
    • Napa or Sanoma for families?

California Feb 8, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Which destination would be better for families?

more

Accomodation

Los Angeles Feb 3, 2015 at 10:14 PM

I am also wondering if anyone can recommend any accommodation central to Disneyland and Universal Studios that is family friendly, if not kid aimed. Im also hoping for one that offers a baby sitting service so that my husband and I could have a night out

more
    • angela6571's Profile Photo

Visitng the park over Memorial Day

Sequoia National Park Feb 20, 2015 at 8:55 PM

My family would like to visit Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon over the Memorial Day weekend. I know it is on the cusp of Summer, but can anyone provide some insight if any of the roads/ares might still be closed? Also, we would like to camp, but it seems most of the campsites are first come, first serve. Does anyone have experience camping there over this holiday weekend. Are the crowds horrible? We will be arriving late Friday night from San Francisco so I'm worried it will be hard to find a campsite. We plan to extend our long weekend through Wednesday and would like to explore a lot of area. Any though, opinions, and/or suggestions are much appreciated!

more

Contact Mobile Number

Los Angeles Feb 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Well I have a bit of a weird question. Were from Australia and will be bringing my husbands mobile with us. Were wanting to make a necklace each for the kids with the number on it, incase they get lost when we happen to be out.
      What I am wanting to know is how would someone in America call an Australian number that is being used in America. So for example our number could look like 0419990990, how would it be called there?

more
    • victoville california

Victorville Feb 14, 2015 at 12:36 AM

will there be fairs or carnivals with fun rides...ferris wheels? carousels? rollercoasters?
      can I rent a horse for horse back riding?
      broadway plays?

more
    • Tranfer times at LAX

Los Angeles Feb 13, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I will be arriving at LAX on an Air New Zealand flight on 14th September at 0900. I would like to catch a connecting Delta flight to New Orleans, which departs from terminal 5 at 1100.
      Would I have enough time to clear immigration and customs to be able to catch the 1100 Delta flight?

more
    • mariabeeken's Profile Photo

Yosemite - Lake Tahoe - Napa Valley must see's

Yosemite National Park Jan 31, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Hi folks

Now I have made all the plans for the first part of our USA trip (San Francisco and Sequoia / Kings Canyon) - So I just need to plan our visit to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and Napa Valley.

May 1st
      Driving from Sequoia to Yosemite (staying in a heated canvas in Curry Village)

May 3rd
      Driving from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe. (Staying at 3 Peaks Resort & Beach club, South Lake Tahoe)

May 5ft
      Driving from Lake Tahoe to Napa Valley (staying at the Wine Valley Lodge)

May 7th
      Driving from Napa Valley to SFO and flying back home to Denmark.

Are there some interesting places that we just have to stop along the way, driving from one place to another?

Yosemite
      What are the must see's here for a couple 35/45 yrs ? (Bearing in mind that we have just spend two days in Sequoia prior to our stay in Yosemite)

Lake Tahoe
      What are the must see's / must do's here? Which weather can we expect in Lake Tahoe in beginning of May ?

Napa Valley
      What are the must see's here? We both like wine, so of course we want to visit some wineries. Which ones are definitely worth a visit?

Have a great day ;o)

- Maria

more
    • mariabeeken's Profile Photo

Sequoia april/may - 1½ day itinerary

Sequoia National Park Jan 30, 2015 at 1:47 AM

My husband and I (35 and 45 yrs), are travelling to USA in april/maj 2015.

On 30th of april we drive from San Francisco to Sequoia, estimated arrival late afternoon. We have booked two nights at Wuksachi Lodge. And on 1st of May we drive from Sequoia to Yosemite.

What are the "must see's" for our stay? How would a realistic itinerary look for 1 evening, 1 hole day, and 1 morning? We want to see as much as possible.

Are some things going to be closed when we are there (late April/beg. May)?

Do we need to bring snowchains?

What about box for food? (i am thinking bears here) - Do we still need that, staying at Wuksachi Lodge? If so, how and where do we rent boxes?

Best regards

Maria

more