Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a book

Kaunas Nov 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Hello, I am looking for a Georgian poem in English - "The Knight in Panther Skin" by Georgian poet Shota Rustaveli.
      Do you have any idea where can I find this book to buy, even the used one? I really need it.

Thank you in advance!

• Help in creating itinerary

Lithuania Nov 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hi fellow VirtualTourist,

We would like to ask for your help in planning our trip to both Latvia and Lithuania. We would like to create some itinerary with your input so that we can visit and see those things that you feel best represents the country. We posted something earlier but now have a more definite idea of dates.

We have about 10 usable days between July 4 and July 15 to explore both places. If you feel that it is not enough time for both pls. say so. Our first choice then would be Latvia. My wife’s family hails from Riga.

We would leave from Lausanne/Geneva, Switzerland on July 3. We have to be in Warsaw, Poland on July 15.

In addition to in location itineraries we would appreciate your opinions on the best way to get from Latvia to Lithuania. Best by train, bus or air. If by air which airline, if bus which bus company. Also, best way to get to Warsaw from Lithuania. Of prime importance for us is to visit Vilnius as part of any itinerary.

We would also welcome thoughts on accommodations possibly for use as our base and accessible to transportation.

We are both curious of people, place and culture. My wife (58yo) is a 5th grade science teacher and I am somewhat retired (66yo) and “always exploring” interesting things. We are in good health and 2 summers ago spent fabulous 6 weeks exploring Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Hungary, and southern Poland.

Pls. don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have to help you help us.

Thank you for your time in reading this request as well as for your time in providing a thoughtful response.

Jack and Robin

• Vilnius to Kaunas airport

Vilnius Nov 4, 2015 at 3:44 AM

Hi all, can I get a train directly from Vilnius centre to Kaunas airport or do I need to change or use busses?