Maribor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• local climbing guides?

Bohinjsko Jezero Jun 27, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I bought a rope and carabiners to attach to the cables on the trails there, but are there guides to teach me how to use this equipment?

more
    • how to get from Jezero station to the town ?

Bled Jul 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Coming by train to Jezero, is there a bus or does the tourist train run after five in the evening?

more
    • Cheese in Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jun 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Hi, Has anyone visited the Gligora cheese shop in Ljubljana market? If so are any of the cheeses good?

Thanks,

Simon

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Skocjan caves closed on anyday?

Slovenia Jun 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Hi all,

just wanted to double check if skocjan caves are closed for tourists on any day of the week. I am most likely planning to visit on Sep 8th which is a monday. Also, would any pre booking be necessary?

Thanks.

more
    • Slovenia itinerary help please

Slovenia Jun 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Hello,
      We will be arriving in Ljubljana midday on Saturday and leave midday on Thursday.
      Where would you recommend us visiting and how long should we spend in each place?
      We will hire a car which should make it easy to travel from place to place.
      The places that stand out in the guidebooks to us are Ljubljana, Lake Bled, Triglav National Park and The Postojna and Skocjan caves.
      Are they all worth visiting?
      Are there any other places worth visiting?
      Any advice is most appreciated!!!

more
    • Train or Bus ?

by Bebelone Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Which is the best way to travel for seniors to travel (with a large suitcase each) ,from Maribor to Vienna.
      Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards
      Bev.

6 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    • Train from Budapest to Maribor

by unski1290 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

How much does the train from Budapest to Maribor (which leaves every day at 13:35) cost?

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Some questions about train tickets

by christine.j Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I've been looking at the Slovenian train website, searching for trains from Maribor to Ljubljana and back and saw a "tourist weekend ticket" advertised. It says this ticket is valid for domestic train services on a weekend.

Is this ticket valid in an ICS train for travelling from Maribor to Ljubljana and back on the same day, a Saturday? It's a lot cheaper than the regular fare.

It also says, that reservation is compulsory. How much is the reservation fee?

Thank you for your help.

7 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Taxis at the train station?

by christine.j Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 1:53 AM

One of the trains which my daughter considers taking arrives very late in Maribor, too late to figure out the bus system in the dark after a long day spent in the train and on stations. Is there a taxi rank at the station? Is there else anything else to know about the taxis in Slovenia? I'm thinking something like the difference between the official taxis and the unlicensed minicabs in London.

We've booked our trains and hotels and I'm really looking forward to finally going to Slovenia. The more I read about it, the more I wish we'd have more time there.

8 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Some more questions about Maribor

by christine.j Online Now Sep 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM

We're thinking of taking the night train to Maribor, to have at least two full days there. Are there any left luggage facilities in the train station? We haven't booked a hotel yet, but no matter where, we won't be able to go there at 9:00 in the morning.

I suppose there are taxis at the train station, aren't there?

Does anyone know of a hotel/hostel near Panonska ulica?

As always, thank you for any information.

Some questions about Maribor

by christine.j Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 5:43 AM

My daughter has been accepted as a volunteer in a senior citizens' home in Maribor. She can take three weeks off from her job here, mid-October to mid-November, that's when she will be in Maribor.

Since she is very busy right now, I offered to find out some of the basics for her trip, and I hope VTers will help me there.

What's the best way to get there, train or car? If we book in advance, the train will be cheaper, but how easy is it to get around on public transport in Maribor? Naturally she wants to see some of the area around Maribor as well.

If she comes by car, how is the parking situation in Maribor? Expensive? She drives an old Diesel, how much is Diesel now? I saw some old quote in another forum question, it was slightly cheaper than here in Germany.

What about parking in Ljubljana on a weekend? It looks like there are several trains between Maribor and Ljubljana, so going by train may be easier and more comfortable. Are both train stations pretty much in the centre of the cities?

And the next main question: Where to stay? My daughter has to find her own accomodation. Has anyone stayed in Hostel Eva or Hostel Uni? Is one better than the other?

Thank you for any information. We're going to see her for a weekend. Some years ago we had everything booked for a nice stay in Slovenia and then had to cancel, so this time we are determined to go, even if it's just for a few days.

8 Answers Nov 12, 2011 at 4:17 AM
    • EllenH's Profile Photo

oldest vine and hot springs?

by EllenH Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM

OK the oldest vine in the world already has me but now I see there are hot springs. Europe and Montana do not exactly do hot springs the same, we do not do spas and such. Much more casual, is there such a thing here?

13 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    • transportation

by tinatvl Online Now Mar 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Could you please advise how to get from Maribor to Rogaska Slatina. We will come by train to either Maribor or Celje. Which of these cities is better for connection to Rogaska Slatina?
      Thank you

3 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM
    • Maribor to Cakovec or Varazdin

by fizzytom Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 4:17 AM

Hi - I'm trying to find out about buses or trains from Maribor to Cakovec (or Varazdin) and back. When i try to look at international journeys on the Croatian or Slovenian train websites it directs me to the German train site and the results give me journey times that take 11 or 12 hours.

Please can someeone help? I want to go on a week day sometime fairly early in the morning, stay over night in Cakovec and come home to Maribor the next after noon.

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 4:12 AM
    • From Graz Airport to University of Maribor

by Professor2 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I am heading to the University of Maribor soon and am not sure how to get from the Graz airport to Maribor or as close as the university as possible. I was told that the train (they neglected to tell me which train)is cheaper and faster, can anyone provide details as to how I can make/plan this trip? Is there a shuttle van too that goes from the Graz airport to the university?

Thanks everyone!

10 Answers Sep 9, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    • maribor to ljubljana by late night bus or a taxi

by BBrown38 Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

looking to take above trip around midnight is there a bus service? How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks

BBrown

3 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    • from Bratislava to Maribor: Bus or Train? PRICES?!

by ggonmar Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Hello there,

I've been searching the net for a while now and couldnt find any relevant info...
      I'm going to Maribor in a couple of weeks and I am landing on Bratislava, so I'll need to get a train or a bus to get to Maribor...

I got to find some schedules for trains, but no prices....! and for buses, not even schedules!
      can anyone help me on this???

thanks in advance!

ggonmar

3 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    • starigrad cafe

by karenwied Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Can you tell me if the Starigrad Cafe still exists in the town centre and what its hours are. Looking forward to a cevap and coke there next month.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2008 at 4:08 AM
    • Maribor end of June

by luqa17 Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Maribor at the end of June. Which is the top club / bar at the moment where to have a few drinks after our game against NK Maribor on Saturday? Or is it more worthwhile if we travel to another city for a good club? Also, is Sunday still a busy day in clubs?

Many thanks.
      K

1 Answer Jun 21, 2007 at 6:36 AM
    • SmarandaI's Profile Photo

Travelling Budapest Maribor

by SmarandaI Online Now Apr 17, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Please, can somebody tell me if there are any buses running from Budapest to Maribor, or at least to the hungarian slovenian border! I know train's timetable, and hope to have any advise abt buses and timetable, where it is possible to find out abt it, will apreciate any help

1 Answer Apr 17, 2007 at 4:00 AM
    • need help:)

by dafneeselena Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 2:30 AM

i am a forein student in maribor and i have no ideea where is cheap to shop, what i can do aound here.. need someone to be soooo kinde and open my eyes.just tel me some names of shoping center, and something i can do around here.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2007 at 10:21 AM
    • Accommodation in Maribor

by Ondine2606 Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Hi !
      I'm a French Student and i'm looking for renting a room or a studio from february to june 2007 ( 5 months). I don't want to live in a dormitory of the university, so I wonder where I could find something to rent in Maribor ?
      Thank you !

1 Answer Oct 21, 2006 at 6:19 AM
    • Budapest -> Maribor -> Vienna

by maccamlc Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 3:07 AM

Hi

I have checked slo-zeleznice.si/en/internat... but have some questions still :)

I will be aiming to travel from Budapest to Maribor, arriving on 18 November. I guess there should be direct trains, but I am unable to find a schedule for this at the moment.

And then, travel from Maribor to Vienna airport, arriving there in time for a 11:25 flight on 22 November, so I should arrive at the airport by 10:00, so probably early morning in Vienna. I saw that there are trains from Ljublana to Vienna that go through Maribor but the 2 times do not help me :( Are there other options for this route?

Finally, is it fine to purchase the tickets on the day of travel, or should I do it in advance … on the Internet or at the train station in November.

Thanks
      Matt

• arian_ks's Profile Photo

hi hi maribor....

by arian_ks Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 6:15 AM

Im Arian from KOSOVA i was born in Maribor i lived there 7 yars an than moved in kosova because of war.Im 20 i need someone to help me to gat me in Maribor with all documents that i can gat there.The easiest thing is to sent my informations and to make my slovenian passaport so i wanna study and work there i love that place .Im albanian .It will realy be god if someone helps me so be also respected by me and my friends need help or anythig elese ok..mail me at shmeki_gl@hotmail.com

1 Answer Jun 6, 2006 at 6:41 AM
    • deetoher's Profile Photo

Vienna to Maribor

by deetoher Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 6:53 AM

I'm travelling from Ireland to Ptuj this August for a big juggling convention, and haven't been able to find anywhere that gives me a recent estimate of how much the train fare is from Vienna to Maribor (return), as I plan to make my visit a little longer and see both cities! (I want to know if I need to budget Eur30 or Eur100 for the train journey!)

Many thanks,
      Deirdre

3 Answers Jun 11, 2005 at 8:55 AM
    • extex's Profile Photo

Venice to Maribor

by extex Online Now Apr 16, 2005 at 11:13 AM

We are Americans, and will be traveling in Italy. We'll have a rental car...but it can't go out of the country. Please tell me the best way to travel from Venice to Maribor. Should we try to rent another car and drive, or should be take a train? And how long will it take? Where do I find information on this? Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 16, 2005 at 1:16 PM
    • Pohorje Ski Resort

by Dundalk Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 7:04 PM

When do the slopes open and what are the chances of decent skiing in the first or second weeks of December? Thanks, and a Pivo to the first responder!! Dan

3 Answers Sep 3, 2003 at 1:28 AM
    • Meet people from Maribor

by Goalie22 Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 3:58 PM

I am oving from Canada to Maribor in exactly one month. Is it possible to meet someone from Maribor online? I have tons of questions.Unfortunately, I don't speak Slovenian yet so I'll need a companion and..translator. I am 22 and I am a hockey player. Thank you. -Francois Lemay-

2 Answers Jul 19, 2003 at 9:56 AM
    • Maribor'

by Jalian Online Now Jun 22, 2003 at 5:54 PM

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who knows of the street in maribor called Frankopanova street, its in maribor,or maybe knows of someone who knew someone that lives there or had lived there. thanks heapsalso if anyone kew of a restaraunt called the Prilipi thanks heaps

1 Answer Jul 17, 2003 at 6:56 AM
    • history of mayors

by karencheck Online Now Jun 17, 2003 at 7:37 PM

I am interested in any imformation on the mayors of maribor from the turn of the century (1900-40).any info including photos would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 20, 2003 at 1:11 AM
    • wanting an email pen friend from Maribor

by Jalian Online Now Jun 17, 2003 at 5:11 AM

My Mother was born in Maribor and she lived there until the war pushed her out of the country. I have a big interest about my heritage. I would like very much to find out more about where she grew up and form a friendship with some people from the town especially people who have elderly parents that have lived there all their lives

• In 1945 there was a inn called the"Kozachich"

by Jalian Online Now Jun 17, 2003 at 4:55 AM

In 1945 there was a inn/pub called the Kozachich (I think the spelling is right), that was along the River Drava. I was hoping that someone would happen to have a picture of this pub/inn especially of how it looked in that time. Something of major significance happened there, in that year. Also has anyone got any photos/pictures of Menjski hrib as well thankyou all so much Jalian from south Australia

3 Answers Jun 5, 2006 at 10:38 AM