change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shifueya's Profile Photo

Baler to Tuguegarao thru a remote road.

Baler Feb 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Hi! I hope someone can help me or give me some information about this. I've tried asking a lot of traveler but it seems that no one knows or familiar with this one. I also sent an email to the Baler Tourism Deparment and as expected, up until now, they're not answering me back. Here's my message to them:

" Greetings!

Aurora is a very promising place here in the Philippines. This message is from a residence of Malolos in the province of Bulacan. We wish to ask for some assistance or information about the safety of tourist there in the Aurora province region.

We're planning to do a road trip from Baler to Tuguegarao. Our group will start the travel from Bulacan to Baler and will stay in Baler for 1 day and 1 night to see what beauty of Baler can offer us. After that, we will push north to visit Tuguegarao City in Cagayan Valley. When we searched Google Map, there's a faster route to Tuguegarao from Baler if we will take the Cordon-Diffun-Madella-Aurora Road.

Our concern is our safety. We heard a lot of scary stories that guerilla (NPA) or some goons are ambushing or stopping some vehicle that is traveling in the Aurora road in Dipaculao (since that road is very remote). And other says that the road's Zigzag from Baler going to Tuguegarao is more deadly or worst than the zigzag on Baguio if we will take the Aurora road in Dipaculao. May we ask if all this story is true? We would like to get your best recommendation for our safety. Should we take the Cordon-Diffun-Madella-Aurora Road or is it better for us to go back to San Jose City and take the PAN Highway to go to Tuguegarao?

We hope you can help us enlighten this information for our tour. We're hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much and more power to the province of Aurora!"

more

Near Maria Aurora