Margarita Island Travel Answers

change location
lorna41's Profile Photo

Trip to see Angel Falls

by lorna41 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Hi All
Can anyone help a friend of mine who would like to see Angel Falls.They are unable to trek ,so I suppose the only other choice is a flight over the falls.Can these be arranged from Margarita.?Or does anyone have any other suggestions.
Lorna

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • axwell's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to see Angel Falls

by axwell Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Hi Lorna, your friend can arrange a flight to see Angel Falls from Isla de Margarita, it is normally combined with a short trek followed by a meal. When we did it i am sure, if you did not wish to take part in the trek, you could have just stayed in the camp at the airstrip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lorna41's Profile Photo

by lorna41 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for that.I take it you stayed on Margarita? If so ,how did you find it?
    Or do you think maybe Tobago would be better.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Bookmark. I'm also interested in the possibilities and the answers.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 4:16 PM

By the way...I see that we are in the Margarita Island, Philippines forum....
    (Not in the Isla Margarita, Venezuela forum....)

Maybe better to post it in the South America-Venezuela-Isla Margarita forum?

:-)

• lorna41's Profile Photo

by lorna41 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Oh thanks for pointing that out.Funny I can plan my own trips with ease but this is a bit of a pain!!!!!

• axwell's Profile Photo

by axwell Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Hi Lorna , we really enjoyed Margarita, we stayed in Playa el Aqua, it was 2003. The hotel which i think was the Portofino Mare was not great but the people were very friendly, great beaches and restaurants outside the hotel.
    We went to Angel Falls and would recommend the trip was a great experience, probably best to check rainfall levels for the time you intend to go cos i quess the more rain the more spectacular the Falls.
    The resort looks to be much more developed now so i assume the hotel will have improved too.
    We found taxis very cheap and visited a number of local fishing villages as well as Porlama. Hope this helps.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I was in Porlamar in June but didn't venture out to check on trips to Angel Falls. So maybe this year (well, January). Any details/costs info welcome.

Thinking about the Portobello/Portofino resort but I'm not happy with their requirements (payment up front for the whole week). So I'm not sure yet, looking around.

Anyway-we're still in the Philippines forum, perhaps I'll post this in the Isla Margarita forum.

• axwell's Profile Photo

by axwell Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 4:00 PM

We visited Angel Falls in May 2003, sorry cannot recall exact cost but it was around £100 each. The flight into Venezuela takes about 1.25hours then flight to Falls maybe 1 hour, the landing on a "grass" airstrip for the trek was quite an experience in itself. It was worth it just for the Falls and the Flight the rest was just a bonus.
    Noel as you returned recently you will have a better idea of the costs in Margarita than me.
    Hope you enjoy!

• Re: Trip to see Angel Falls

by LinPat Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 10:58 AM

We're going to Margarita on 11 January for my husband's 60th. He fancies going to see Angel Falls. Did you book your trip with a local agent or through the hotel, or with your Tour Company? (We're going with First Choice to Margarita and have found their excursions quite expensive in the past!) It has been suggested that we try Trailfinders from this end.

• axwell's Profile Photo

by axwell Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 10:06 AM

we booked Angel Falls trip locally not with your operator at the time it was about 35% cheaper

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Margarita Island