Margarita Island Travel Answers

change location

Lagunamar Hotel

by nadenecanada Online Now Oct 11, 2006 at 8:50 AM

Hi everyone. Just new here so bear with me. I am from Ontario Canada and 4 of us are going to this hotel in margarita island. Has anyone been there before? Can you give me an idea of what to expect and what are the tours we should take. Also, what is their money equal too in canadian funds or american funds. Doesn't really matter between the two right now. Thanks a bunch. Take care and stay safe.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • manselmi's Profile Photo

RE: Lagunamar Hotel

by manselmi Online Now Oct 11, 2006 at 11:47 AM

In Venezuela there is a currency control impossed by the goberment. The oficial rate is Bs 2150 per US$. In the black market the exchange is about Bs 2700. You can check it on venezuelafx.com
    Lagunamar it is kind of isolated, by that I mean is away from the city (Porlamar) but taxis are not that expensive. Few years ago I heard complaints about the maintenance. In the hotel you will have many amenities. Visit the following page for more information.
    ilemargarita-venezuela.com/l...
    It is in spanish but go to Excursiones for tours and Como llegar? will inform you about how to arrive.
    You can visit La Restinga taking the boat ride that takes you along mangroves.
    Also you can visit Los Roches in a Catamaran. Los Roches is a small island near by. The trip will be very nice. There are several forts around the island. There is one in Pampatar, a small town close to Porlamar. You can have empanadas in the street in front of the castle close to the plaza. In that area there is a good restaurant and few blocks away there is another in front of the beach.
    Enjoy your visit

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Margarita Island