Marfa Travel Answers

change location
EvaLuna67's Profile Photo

Looking for a place to stay

by EvaLuna67 Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 3:03 PM

I am going to Marfa, TX in October and am looking for any accommodation. I am there during the Open House from Oct 4 - 8, 2007 and it seems ALL hotel/motels etc. are booked solid. Maybe anybody out there knows of a family that would like to rent a clean room to us.

Thank you,
eva

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a place to stay

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 6:00 PM

There are two motels in Marfa. Anytime anything that would attract anyone goes on, they're booked. And that's one of the biggest annual things going on in Marfa.
    Expedia says that the chain motels + the Holland in Alpine (30 miles to the east) are booked as well, but you may be able to find a room if you call around to the smaller places, but they'll probably be booked as well.
    Or there are also a couple of motels and B&Bs in Fort Davis (about 30 miles to the north).
    Otherwise, motels always book up early for special events. Maybe consider camping or even renting an RV in El Paso.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • btex's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a place to stay

by btex Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 10:16 AM

davis mountains state park and Indian Lodge are near fort davis. Indian Lodge is within the state park; it has rooms, a restaurant, etc...the state park is a nice place to camp too. i stayed there then drove down to marfa to see the marfa/ufo invasion lights.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines