Marco Island Travel Answers

change location
tuffdeal's Profile Photo

Will appreciate your opinion

by tuffdeal Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 9:28 PM

My 93 yr old [step]mother-in-law wants to give us a first floor beachfront Week 34 last week in August]timeshare [2 BR]at the Club Regency on Marco Island. I've trolled the Net and gleaned a lot of information about the place, but I am suspicious. Her husband bought it years ago and they rented it out when they could but they never visited it. Hed listed it for sale a few years before he died, but it never sold. I'm interested in it for business clients but I don't want to take on a dog and subject others to it, especially those who pay my bills. My investment would be minimal in terms of bucks, but I could lose bucks with the wrong type place.

Does anyone have first hand personal knowledge of the Club Regency? It appears to be a 2 story troglodyte in a neighborhood of burgeoning high rises. Is my paranoia or suspicion well-founded about this place??

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Will appreciate your opinion

by milee Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 9:41 PM

I live in Naples... only some miles away from marco. What would you like know? or need help with? I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tuffdeal's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Will appreciate your opinion

by tuffdeal Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Thank you. I just need an objective opinion of the maintenance, location, amenities and efficacy of the Club Regency. From what I've learned the week that she has sucks but that can be somewhat overcome if the other factors check out. I've always been suspicious of my mother in law so that obviously colors anything -- including this -- that she does.

• RE: RE: Will appreciate your opinion

by milee Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 11:03 PM

I see. Well... I don't know much about Regency but if you are planning to visit marco, unless you are crazy about going to the beach, fishing or boating, there isn't much to do in marco island. Marco is known for place to relax in my opinion. I haven't been there since I moved back to Naples... I can seem to find a good reason to visit Marco so it is bit of waste of time if you are looking for something fun other than what I meantioned (of course that is just my opinion)

Do you have a company managing it for you if you wanted to just rent it out? It is nice to get away for a week doing nothing for (some people) so you might not have any trouble rending it out...

• donato1899's Profile Photo

RE: Will appreciate your opinion

by donato1899 Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 5:13 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines