Marco Island Travel Answers

change location

Visiting Marco Island

by arsenalfc Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 9:31 AM

Hi, We are staying at the Marco Island Hilton Resort for two weeks at the end of September, from the UK. We would really appreciate any information on restaurants (reasonably priced) near the hotel where we can eat out. Also any other advice on things to do on Marco Island would be really appreciated. We have two older ladies with us (65)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cacosta's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Marco Island

by cacosta Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 10:28 AM

Hi, I stayed there last year and it was very nice. I went in August and it was very quiet in the off season. There are several restaurants that are nearby (walking distance) but I didnt eat at any of them (sorry). I can recommend the small movie theatre right across the street, which was a delightful little establishment that serves food and drink in the theatre. Also, you aren't to far from Naples, if you have a car, I 'd recommend a drive down mansion road. Just ask at the hotel. Have a great time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • donato1899's Profile Photo

by donato1899 Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 1:55 PM

I don't know if it is near your hotel, but there was a great pizzeria/restaurant called Marco's that had good pizza, great linguini with tuna and a very nice Italian proprietor. A trip up to Naples would be nice,with a walk on 5th Ave. to see the shops and restaurants,a very nice safe upscale area.

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

by domenicococozza Online Now Jul 6, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Hi,
    Like you we are British but we lived on Marco Island for 6 years.
    Unfortunaltely it was some time ago and the ol'memory aint wot it was.
    There are some excellent seafood restaurants - Kretch's, Snook Inn. These are down in Old Marco. If you've got a car then drive over to Goodland and try the Little Bar.
    Opposite side of the street to th Hilton is an excellent Italian Restaurant but dont remember the name.
    If you like beef then try Pewter Mug.
    I'm sure your concierge will be able to help with these places or any others.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines