change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• angiejo48's Profile Photo

buses in marburg

by angiejo48 Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM

How much does the monthly bus ticket in Marburg cost?

1 Answer Nov 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • Roter Stern 2003

by mockingbird812 Online Now Jun 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Hello,

thanks for your wonderful link on all things Marberg. you provided it to me on the Fodors page today "Calling Middle German Travelers". We have visited Marber a couple of times and always look forward to returning. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas - particularly "off the beaten path".

Cheers!
      Jeff

1 Answer Jun 5, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    • Patron Saint of Drinking?

by AngieAllendorf Online Now Nov 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Has anyone heard of Marburg's "Patron Saint of Drinking"? Supposedly in the old town pubs there is a bust relief of him, but not sure which ones. He's also known as "Fraele" and "Bleichenrat". He died in 1938 but there were articles still written about him as of 1987. His name was Georg Allendorf; he is my husband's great-grandfather. I've been to Germany many years ago and loved it. My family is thinking of a trip to Marburg someday. There are supposedly many stories about Georg. Does anyone have any recommendations on how and where to find a local guide (who speaks English) who knows the town's history, and could take us around town and to the pubs? This is a great site--love the pics and the info. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 14, 2009 at 12:57 AM
    • Help Info Please

by sharistrawberry Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi my mother was born and raised in Marburg an der lahn.I having a really hard time trying to find the "standesamt" address and number for vital records would someone please help me??

Thanks Shari

1 Answer Aug 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Boutique Hotel

by travelswithsteve Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I need help VT ers.
      My folks stayed in a small hotel in Marburg an der Lahn they say it was on or close to the Market Place - but cannot remember the name.
      They want to visit again - so any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve

2 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    • chienjoo's Profile Photo

need advice

by chienjoo Online Now May 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

I would like to get advices on places to visit. I am reaching franfurt early morning on 10 june,going to berlin directly on 10 june for 3days 2 nights, however, due to airline company cancelling the flight i need to bring forward one day, hence i will reach frankfurt on 9 june instead. Shall i
      1. spend one more day in berlin, or
      2. stay a day to explore franfurt,or
      3.spend a night in dresden before going to berlin, or
      4. spend a night in marburg before going to berlin? Or do you have any recommendation ? Thank you

2 Answers May 24, 2008 at 12:17 AM
    • hotel info, please

by carrielroe Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 3:49 PM

We have visited Marburg many times, and we always stay at the Europischer Hof near the Elisabeth church. I am wondering if there is a more picturesque place someone can recommend. Thank you!

1 Answer Jan 10, 2008 at 7:10 AM