Maputo Travel Answers

change location
Ramonq's Profile Photo

Angola-Mozambique

by Ramonq Online Now May 15, 2007 at 3:38 AM

I am currently working in Angola, but I would like to visit Mozambique this September. Both countries are Lusophones, but how do they differ from each other?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • IsabelBalboa's Profile Photo

Re: Angola-Mozambique

by IsabelBalboa Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 11:45 PM

I'm thinking of visiting as a tourist...any advice?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Re: Angola-Mozambique

by Ramonq Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 1:17 AM

Just returned from Mozambique and it is a great holiday destination. The city of Maputo, Mozambique is more tourist-friendly than Luanda, Angola as there are more hotels and cafes.

Angola is a very expensive destination (on par with London!) and the wildlife safari tourism has not caught on yet as most of the animals have been wiped out during the civil war. Angola has beautiful beaches and sceneries, but they are difficult to get to. The road infrastructures are not in place yet. I recommend this travel agent http://www.aasafaris.com to facilitate your trip to Angola. Obtaining a visa for Angola would also take some time.

Mozambique is cheaper and much more easier to get to. I recommend the Bazaruto Archipelago, Ilha de Mozambique and Maputo. Seafood is a must and Mozambican food is the most exquisite in Africa because of the Arab, Portuguese, Indian and African fusion. If you speak Portuguese, then you will have no problems in both countries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines