Mantova Travel Answers

change location

Mosquitos in Mantova

by myrasue Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 2:02 PM

Help!! We are going to Italy in August of 2004. We are scheduled to go to Mantova, but have been scared by the descriptions of hot, humid weather in a city that is surrounded by swamplike water. Are mosquitos a problem when walking around town in the evening? There is still time to change our plans. We would be miserable in a place that has a mosquito problem. Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: Mosquitos in Mantova

by dnwitte Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 3:35 PM

It was some years ago that I spent any amount of summer time in Mantova. What I remember is that I wasn't bothered at all while walking about but that my cheapo hotel room was infested and horrible. I imagine that the class of hotel you're using could make all the difference. If you're staying someplace with air conditioning and firmly closed windows you shouldn't have any problem. If you're staying in a dive the choice is suffocate or be devoured. Otherwise, it's a lovely place. Dn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Manara's Profile Photo

Re: Mosquitos in Mantova

by Manara Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 9:57 AM

A hotel with air conditioning is a must in that region in August, not only because of the mosquitos, but mainly because of the heat. With regard to going around in the evenings, people use mosquito repellants. Some of them have nice scents. By the way, a product that was not originally created for this purpose but is very effective is the Skin-So-Soft oil by Avon.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines