change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Ecuador Amazon Lodges

Ecuador Dec 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM

has anyone stayed in either Kapawi, Sacha or Napo in the Ecuadorian Amazon? I think Napo is the most expensive of this trip. Also, anyone stay at Bellavista Lodge in the cloud forest reserve?

more
    • Buses run on Sunday's?

Ecuador Dec 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Do buses in coast of Ecuador run as frequently on Sunday's as they do on the other week days? I ask because tomorrow Sunday Dec 21 I am going from San Clemente to Montanita. I was told I will transfer buses in Portoviego.

more
    • transportatio

Guayaquil Dec 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Safe way to get from airport to Hampton Inn?

more
    • brimmlady's Profile Photo

Galapago cruise ss maryann

Galápagos Islands Nov 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I am trying to plan our trip to Ecuador and Galapagos from jan 22-mar 2. I was wanting to go to galapagos via cruise, love the picture of ss maryann. Does anyone know how to obtain a cruise for a discount price? I have read that different companies have overbooked and cancelled at last minute. I also wonder if Galapagos should be at the front or end of our trip??

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Is 1 day enough?

Quito Dec 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM

I am exploring the possibility of Ecuador for 2015/16. (I was on the mainland in the 80s briefly when I went to the Galapagos). Is 1 day enough to explore the main historical sites of Quito? Being in the US, flights arrive late at night and the city would be the 2nd day of any itinerary. Total days I am thinking about 8 or 9.

more
    • WiFi in Manta

by AlannaC Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM

What is the closest spot for cruise guests to connect to internet/wifi from the Manta cruise port?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Visiting coastal Manta, Ecuador in June

by apbeaches Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Are bug bites a big problem? I would prefer not using deet and chemicals, is there a natural repellent? Garlic? Ginger? Should I plan on long sleeves in the evening? CDC recommends Malaria, typhoid & hepatitis A - any thoughts and ideas?

7 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Off the beaten path in Ecuador

by apbeaches Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Flying into Guayaquil & traveling to Manta this June. Is there anything off the beaten path and I shouldn't miss?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • How far from Quito

by bangles Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I will be on a cruise next year and list of ports say Quito (Manta). As this will be my first visit to this part of the world when I started a bit of research it seems the 2 places are about 10 travelling hours apart and as the ship is only in port for a total of 12 hours this does not seem correct. Are there 2 towns called Manta? Obviously on such a short visit I would like to see as much as possible in the time allowed and not spend the time travelling on a bus. Am I better just spending the time in Quito?

7 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    • RetireinEcuador's Profile Photo

Mirador San Jose

by RetireinEcuador Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Where exactly is this residential community I heard about in Canada located in Ecuador? Does anyone know more about this place? I looked at the website http://miradorsanjose.com but I could not find out any past history of this company or where they are located in Canada.

• Looking for place to say in Manta

by HEATHERARAINE Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Hey everyone!
      Just wondering, i am finding it very difficult to find a place to rent in Manta. I see tons of places in cuenca and other spots but nothing here, Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    • Bus to Montecristi

by allatsea Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM

We are hoping to get an ordinary bus from the port in Manta to Montecristi. Is this practical, are there regular buses, and where in Manta would we get the bus?

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Visits by cruise ship in November

by grandmaR Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 6:43 AM

We are scheduled to do two stops in Manta on a cruise ship

Wednesday, Nov 19, 2008 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
      Thursday, Nov 27, 2008 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

We will also be in Guayaquil, Ecuador on November 26th where we are doing the Guayaquil City & Historical Park tour.

The only tour the ship lists for Manta is one that deals with the manufacture of Panama hats. Is that a worthwhile activity? Is there anything else I should try to see or do in Manta or nearby that would give us a good view of Ecuador?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2008 at 7:21 AM
    • hotels

by travel2005 Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 10:11 AM

i am going to be staying in Manta for a few nights does any one know of any good hotels?
      thanks

1 Answer Feb 28, 2005 at 5:16 AM
    • Life in Manta

by Amom Online Now Jun 22, 2004 at 8:42 PM

What is appropriate wear in Manta? What should a teenager bring to wear?

3 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 7:58 PM
    • Maillekeul's Profile Photo

Manta - Ecuador

by Maillekeul Online Now Apr 16, 2003 at 2:25 AM

Hello, people ! Could anyone tell me more about the city of Manta, in the Province of Manaibi (Ecuador) ? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2003 at 2:14 PM