Mannheim Travel Answers

change location

Is there a day return bus or train trip from Mannheim to Paris?

by Sobo Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Hello, I will be travelling to Germany for the first time for a business trip in Mannheim in three days time. I'm travelling from Nigeria where I also live and work. I had only travelled to the United States and England in the past. I have two simple questions which I think members of this forum could help answer:
(1) Can I use the Single Entry Schengen visa which the German Embassy in Nigeria gave me for this trip to do bus or train travels to other Schengen countries while in Germany?
(2) If 'yes', is there a day-return bus or train trip from Mannheim to Paris, France (and return), which I can use for an opportunity to visit the City? How much would such trip cost if one is just hoping to visit Paris for a few hours and begin the return journey back to Mannheim (i.e. no accommodation)? What would be the duration of the journey (Mannheim to Paris) for both bus and train if they exist?
Thank you very much and God bless.
Sobo

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: Is there a day return bus or train trip from Mannheim to Paris?

by Maryimelda Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM

You need to try the eurolines website for info re buses. There is a train (ICE from Mannheim to Paris Est which has no changes and takes a little over three hours each way. Details on bahn.de website.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Is there a day return bus or train trip from Mannheim to Paris?

by christine.j Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM

With a single Schengen visa you can do a day trip from Mannheim to Paris, as you won't leave the Schengen area.
    There is a direct train in the morning, leaving Mannheim at 6:40, arriving in Paris at 9:50. In the evening there is a train leaving Paris at 19:05, arriving in Mannheim at 22:16.
    If you book ahead you can get a ticket for 78 Euro, the regulare fare is 182 Euro.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines