Manila Travel Answers

change location
dbears's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel near US Embassy Manila, suggestions pls.

by dbears Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM

We will be having our medical sched this may 13 and interview at USEM on May 21.. can anybody suggest a nice, clean and decent budget place to stay from May 12 to May 21? I will be with my 2 kids (8 & 10years old). We are hoping to find a place within 1,000-1,700 range.

Has anybody tried or know anything about Jade Vine Executive Inn along UN Avenue? The lady I spoke to seemed very pleasant and the price is just within our budget but I am not sure if the place is ok becoz sometimes the picture on the net could be deceiving. I hope somebody could help me out.

Thank you very much.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Budget Hotel near US Embassy Manila, suggestions pls.

by asianbelle Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Can't comment on Jade Vine. As another option, you may want to check out Hotel Miramar which is across US Embassy (next to Bayview Park).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dbears's Profile Photo

by dbears Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 3:28 AM

thank you asianbelle... will check that place out also. Were you able to stay at miramar anytime before?

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

by asianbelle Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM

No, but I know of some visiting VTs who have stayed there.

• Re: Budget Hotel near US Embassy Manila, suggestions pls.

by noyps Online Now May 27, 2008 at 8:07 PM

try toilena room and board. Php 1,085 only for a nice clean room. call them at 302-33-22

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM

You can try the Stone House B&B at 1529 A. Mabini Street. They have basic fan only rooms and shared showers or slightly better air conditioned rooms around 1100 pisos. Their telephone number is 5240302, 5240248 and 5240357. Not far from Robinson Mall, short walk to U.S. Embassy.
    (Near the Citystate Hotel at 1315 A. Mabini.) hoteltravel.com/philippines/...

You can also try the Soriente Hotel at 545 A. Flores Street, Ermita. Tel. 525-7304, 5239480 and Fax #522-3913. They sometimes give discounts to Filipino families.

Good luck.

• Re: Budget Hotel near US Embassy Manila, suggestions pls.

by krystill Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 11:41 PM

for jadevide inn.. we have stayed there when my family had their interview for tourist visa.. i would say it is ok when you are in a budget.. it is clean and just a walking distance to the US embassy and it is surrounded by convenient stores where you can buy or have your pic taken in preparation for an interview at the embassy.. the people at jade vine also were quite friendly.. and the bed is huge.. it could fit 4 people.. the accommodation there is very affordable.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila