Manila Travel Answers

change location
Sergeyu's Profile Photo

Transit overnight in Manila tmrw : Immigration? Int.airport -to City? City to Asian Spirit airport?

by Sergeyu Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 12:01 AM

I am going to arrive tommorow from Bangkok with Thai Airways. Then I stay overnight in Mnalia. Then on Thursdya, 4th I am going to fly with Asian Spirit to Palau on their flight via Davao.

1) since my small country Latvia , probably as former part of USSR, is not that 130+ countries list whose citziens can stay 7 or 21 days without visa, then here is problem: information on Phillipenc Department of Foreign affairs and travel websites declares that anyone with outward ticket can stay iun teh country up to 72 hours. I telephoned Visa Department of Phillip[jnes Department of foreign Affairs, whose first reaction was " You NEED a visa" . After my question what the hell they introduiced then transit no-visa regulation, if almost whole teh world can enter without visa, the officer, agreed with me, and proposed " to be sure" to contacvt Phillipines Emabassy in Thailand. I called them, they did not wish to say Yes or No until I said that DoFA in general agreed with my no-visa transit .

Has anyone from countries which are not in the visa-free list did overnigh transit?

Since I read a lot of negative reviews of NAIA, so I afraid that immigartion officer will show even less understanding of my travle details. What then should I do? Bribe him?

2) I learnt that the best way to get from NAIA to the hotel, is to book teh transfer with the hotel. Is it right? How much in ave. sucvh transfer shoudl cost? ( iunderstood I arrive to " old" buikding of international airport).If that not 5* hotel but some for 30-40USD can I expect they will be responsive to such my request?

3) A transfer to get from the city next day to domestic airport where Asaian Spirit flys, should I book with teh hotel, call for a txi or catch car on teh street? What price appr. I should expect?

4) What airport/immigration and related taxes I shoudl pay with such transit as arriving from Bangkok, and then leaving via Davao to Palau. Is it the same if on teh way back I do not stay overnight but just change the airport?

Thank a lot in advance?

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila