Manila Travel Answers

change location

Makati or Ermita Hotels or 2 bedroom suites

by KeithHarrison Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 1:28 PM

A friend and I are travelling to Manila in January 2007. We will be using Manila as a base but spending time at Subic and Bagio so dont want to spend too much on a hotel that we wont be in for much of the time. A 2 bedroom apartment would be ideal but the only one I can really find at a good rate is the Century Citadel in Makati. I know its near the redlight district but thats not a problem as we wont be there much! Has anyone stayed there and is it ok? If not, can anyone suggest somewhere similar? Looking at60-$80 if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Dyesebel's Profile Photo

RE: Makati or Ermita Hotels or 2 bedroom suites

by Dyesebel Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 1:38 PM

HI!You can also try these; Somerset Millenium,Salcedo or Olympia.And BSA Mansion or Suites or Prince Plaza.They're all Condotel between40-80.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • monina_c's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Makati or Ermita Hotels or 2 bedroom suites

by monina_c Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 4:46 PM

You can also try checking out Gilarmi Apartments and Suites. Most of our company's regional staff stays there because they say it is cheap and near the center of things in Makati (6749 Ayala Avenue, Makati City).

travelsmart.net/ph/hotels/Gi...

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

RE: Makati or Ermita Hotels or 2 bedroom suites

by SirHalberd Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 6:48 AM

Another suggestion is to get two hotel rooms around30 each.

Two hotels in Ermita that I am familiar with is the City State Hotel and the Lotus Garden Hotel. Both are on Mabini not far from the Robinson Mall. The walk-in price is around 2100 pisos for a Superior Room.

If you do your booking through the following pub they will probably get the rooms booked for around 1500 pisos per night. The 2100 piso rate is directly from the Lotus Garden brochure that I obtained from their lobby, I stayed there just 10 days ago. Free breakfast also comes with room. Friendly staff. For the discount booking use the gpointmanila@hotmail.com address or through their website which is (ermitabars.com/g-point_bar_e... This is a pub style bar with a band and good food, yes the place is full of "friendly" girls. I do see foreign women with boyfriends or husbands also eating there.

I have booked rooms through this pub several times. You are not obligated to visit the pub. Simply say in your e-mail to the pub, "could you give me a price for a booking at the Lotus Garden or City State Hotel." They will reply in a day or two, this really works.

A second recommendation is this apartment complex, across from a nursing school, not far from Robinson Mall. The TROPICANA APARTMENT HOTEL, on 1630 Luis Maria Guerrero Street, Ermita area, Manila. They have daily, weekly and monthly rates for 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Contact them at www.tropicana-apt-hotel.com. Tel. (632) 525-5555. Never stayed there, took a quick look, seemed okay. Easy access to MRT rapid transit and quick walk to Robinson Mall, etc.

Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila