Manila Travel Answers

change location

weather in manila

by rizatulhaz Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I have plan to fly to manila early july this year. So, is it safe for me to go there. Im afraid of the typhoon and flood and the monsoon. tq

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: weather in manila

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

The weather is extremely unlikely to harm you as a tourist.
    When people get killed by the weather in the Philippines it's mostly very poor people in bad housing who are affected and not topurists in hotels.

What you should be prepared for though is delays in air traffic as that is very common in july, but if you are just flying in and out of Manila and not any domestic flights then you should be ok.

And be prepared that you might have to spend a couple of days indoor if bad weather hits the city.
    Mostly it will just be a matter of a few hours though.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: weather in manila

by rizatulhaz Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Well, i think i should think twice before to fly there...since it'll make me difficult to do activities when i'm only stay indoor.btw tq so much for ur info and i appreciate it...:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

You will most likely not be affected and be able to roam around as you like.
    You should just be prepared that this scenario could happen.
    I was in the Philippines in july two years ago and was cycling around the country and never had any serious problems with the weather.

• AsiaBill's Profile Photo

by AsiaBill Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No Worries at all we've bought our first townhouse unit in manila in March 1985 and opened it to backpackers as a hobby Jan 1986. Now we have 5 units, 38 rooms and have welcomed travelers from 92 countries and in 27 years no plane has crashed in Manila due to any weather conditions. We experience 12 to 15 typhoons each and every year but the great majority of the storms hit the Pacific Ocean coastlines of the Philippines in Eastern Samar, Bicol and NE Luzon. By the time the typhoons hit land they slow down and dissipate

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM

It is safe enough to go there. In the unlikely event of a typhoon you can stay in your hotel, or if there is heavy rain you will still be able to get from A to B. Unfortunately we do not know when adverse weather will occur but Manila is only experiencing this 2 or 3 times a year.

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Listen to Claus and Bill. I know Claus and David personally and although I have not had the privelege of meeting Bill yet, he obviously is local and knows what is what. I know Claus knows the Philippines intimately, as does David. I sepnt six months there last year, leaving in July and that included an internal flight form Dumaguete to Manila which was no problem. My flight back to Europe was similarly no problem, even though the weather was pretty foul.

My knowledge is not as extensive as theirs obviously but do not let the idea of a bit of bad weather put you off visiting this wonderful country. You would be very unlucky to have an adverse experience due to the weather so go, it is an amazing place to visit and you will love it.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

2 members found this helpful

by davidjo Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I have known Bill for at least 15 years as i used to stay in his GH near the airport (the Townhouse) and he has a resort in Boracay. He is extremely knowledgable about the country!!! Especially the beer!!!!!!

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I thought you two may know each other. Anyway, what is there to know about beer in the Phils? San Mig or SML? Are you back there now mate?

Apologies for hijacking the thread here.

by davidjo Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM

back since end of january

• iclee's Profile Photo

by iclee Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Due to erratic weather, even July is sometimes bright and sunny while we experienced rains in January. Strange, really. If I were you, I would just go. It's still fun and noone can really predict weather with 100% accuracy.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila