Manila Travel Answers

change location
Bebehqu's Profile Photo

Hi there

by Bebehqu Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Hye.. Im From Sabah, Malaysia

Im planning to go to Manila very soon. So is it safe for Malaysian to go to Manila now?
Im quite affraid due to condition and what actually happend in my place now... Could someone please help me to find out??

Salamat po...

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Hi there

by davidjo Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I am very sure that you will not have any problems in Manila , and don't forget as you are Malaysian you will blend in with the local population. Manila is full of tourists from different parts of the world and most people have a good time. Where do you intend to stay or haven't you made up your mind yet?

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stamporama's Profile Photo

by stamporama Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 3:53 AM

I don't believe that there's widespread resentment against Malaysians here in Manila or anywhere else in the country. Those that have staged protests (which were non-violent) at your embassy are mostly supporters of the group involved in that Sabah incident, which looks to be winding down already. So yes, it is safe for you. Selamat datang!

• schurman23's Profile Photo

by schurman23 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM

you can be sure there's no harm for Malaysians visiting Manila insofar as the Sabah issue is concerned. You can monitor developments in case the problems in Sabah escalates thru your Manila embassy's website coz they sometimes issue an advisory for safety of nationals staying here in the Philippines.

• MayvelynG's Profile Photo

by MayvelynG Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Filipinos are friendly and peace loving people. We welcome tourists from all over the world.. whatever is happening in Sabah will not in anyway affect you as you visit Manila.

• beka1121's Profile Photo

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Welcome to Manila, nothing to worry because it is one of the safest place for tourists like you.

• Bebehqu's Profile Photo

by Bebehqu Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Thank you for the feedback guys.. Love u

Salamat po ;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• beka1121's Profile Photo

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Wala pong anuman :)

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I assure you that you're not going to have problems in Manila just because you're a Malaysian. In fact, another VTer who is a Malaysian is coming over this month for a holiday in Palawan and will be in Manila and Makati, too.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Btw, welcome to VT Bebehqu! You're always welcome to the Philippines :) When are you planning to come here? Watch out for announcements on VT Meets as there are some being planned.

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Just want to put forth my two cents here along with the rest already to reassure you that you'd be just fine with your time in Manila. Just take the usual travel precautions as you would at any other destination. Manila is a huge metropolis and can seem disorderly and chaotic at first...but once you get your bearing, the place can be unusually fun.

• iclee's Profile Photo

by iclee Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Filipinos are not a racist lot. We welcome all our neighbors and fellow Earth residents. You won't be treated differently just because of your race, skin color or creed.

• victorcklau's Profile Photo

by victorcklau Online Now Dec 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM

So Bebehqu, did you go to Manila after all? Just be a bit street smart and you will be ok. The normal hustlers are the taxi drivers and other than that, everybody is very nice in the Philippines. . Just pick up a few phrases of Tagalog, learn to speak it fast and fluent then resort to English and the taxi drivers won't try to fleece you. If you know where to go, Manila (and the Philippines) is a fantastic place - I have been to Manila more than 30 times. You got to try to spend Christmas in Manila - it's really awesome there - totally different from KL (I am Singapore guy but also live in KL).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila