Manila Travel Answers

change location

Best beach/dive spots within 3-5hr from Manila

by micmik Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Am flying into Clark over Holy Week for a 6-7d vacation, some sun and beach and diving. Any suggestions for pristine white beaches and great dives around? Any feedback on Puerto Galera? (I have been to Boracay and Anilao...)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Best beach/dive spots within 3-5hr from Manila

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:33 AM

The most obvious choice is Puerto Galera, i used to live there and there were plenty of dive outfits operating from there. I am not a diver myself but most divers i met were satisfied with their dives there. Coron, an hours flight from Manila is famous for wreck diving. Look at the link for more information on Philippine dive sites italy-map.net/bahn_italien/i...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rastarigo's Profile Photo

by Rastarigo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM

If you meant 3-5 hr road trip, then that's Puerto Galera you're looking for. I can only comment on its beaches. Other options, though requires flying, is Bohol, an hour flight from Manila. Either stay at Alona or Dumaluan beach. I prefer Dumaluan for the long and wide beach and very quiet. But dive boats depart from Alona, the beach is also nice here, a great place to hang out. I was particularly blown away by my drift diving experience in Balicasag island. You may visit Virgin island and Pamilacan island on your spare time. Further north is Cabilao island. Two hrs road trip from Tagbilaran will bring you to Anda, also known for beaches and diving. I can only comment on its beaches.

• quincey0722's Profile Photo

by quincey0722 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Yep, I agree with Rastarigo go to Bohol!

• jimibayrante's Profile Photo

by jimibayrante Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

If you require 3-5 hours of travel from Manila, I would suggest Morong, Bataan and San Juan, Batangas. Since you have been to Bora and Anilao, Bataan and Batangas are accessible via land from Manila. Btw, Puerto Galera is okay for snorkling and island hopping but the island gets too crowded especially in summer. If you like girlie bars, "other service" from girls, and mingling with groups of bisexuals in Puerto Galera, then you can go there on Holy Week or April/May.

• AsiaBill's Profile Photo

by AsiaBill Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Nasugbu, Batangas and Matabungkay are the closest beaches to Metro-Manila, only 1-1/2 to 2 hours away by bus. Anilao maybe 2-1/2 hours away is more for scuba divers and snorkeling. On my "Beaches" webpage I rank them 4 on a 1 to 10 scale.

• LamAng's Profile Photo

by LamAng Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Go north past the town proper of Nasugbu and you should find clean areas for snorkeling and diving

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Manila