Manhattan Beach Travel Answers

change location

How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by nelapearl Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Do you know how someone traveling without a car might get from Santa Monica to Manhattan Beach? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by bocmaxima Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Just follow CA 1. It's called Ocean Drive in Santa Monica, gets on the 10 briefly, then becomes Lincoln Boulevard (first exit on the 10) until it merges with Sepulveda near LAX. It's well-signed and pretty easy to navigate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by nelapearl Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for the replies! My problem is that I don't have a rental car. I'm a tourist currently staying in Santa Monica, but I'd love to visit Manhattan Beach. I'm trying to find a way to get down there without a car. The public transportation information is really sketchy. Any advice??? Thanks again!

• anacapa's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by anacapa Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 4:16 PM

You can take the Santa Monica Rapid 3 bus to LAX and from LAX take the Beach Cities Transit 109 Bus. LAX could be a black hole...not sure. Below are links for more info:

socaltransport.org/tm_pub_st...

redondo.org/depts/bdtpm/tran...

The Beach Cities Transit bus ride looks like a scenic ride. I've seen it on my way to work in the morning. I drive from Venice to Manhattan Beach mornings...

If you can, you should rent a bike and bike the journey, it is quite a nice ride. The bike path goes through Ballona wetlands w/o going near busy roads.

• RE: RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by nelapearl Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to all!

• anacapa's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by anacapa Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Just come back to VT and post tips and photos of your trip!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: How to get from S.M. to Manhattan?

by lmkluque Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 8:07 AM

You might be interested in this website:

http://latranstar.tann.com/

Click on the "TripPlanner" link, fill in the blanks and see how you can get from Santa Monica to Manhattan Beach with public transportation.

They do ask for addresses of starting point and ending point and if you don't know the addresses, I'd suggest that you take a look at VT's Travel Guides for those destinations and choose an address given there. If you can't find the exact address of a place you are going to, you can ask the bus driver which stop is closest to it.

Bus drivers do not usually chat with passengers--mainly for safety reasons--they are not always the friendliest of people but, they will tell you which stop you need.

Hope this helps,
    Linda

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines