Manhattan Beach Travel Answers

change location
rmdw's Profile Photo

VT Annual Party - Alternate Accommodations Idea

by rmdw Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 10:15 AM

Some people have told me that they didn't receive this via e-mail so I'm going to post it here as well! Hi Everyone! Like you, I'm planning on attending the VT Annual Party next month. In my case, I'll be flying down from Vancouver, British Columbia. I'm also working on getting my girlfriend, Laura, to fly up from Mexico but that's not confirmed yet. Anyhow, I know it's going to be a whole lot of fun! As you're aware VT mgmt has kindly made arrangements for us out-of-towners to stay at one of the Hilton hotels at a rate of71/night. It's unfortunate that the hotel isn't right in Manhattan Beach but a shuttle bus is going to be able to take us back & forth between the beach and the hotel. This is fine, but when I was in Manhattan Beach last week I came up with another idea: Some people who own beach front homes or near-beach front homes there rent these out to "tourists" like ourselves. In fact, I picked up a copy of "The Beach Reporter", a local newspaper and have a number of phone numbers I plan to call. It occurs to me that if a number of people, in groups of 4, 5, or 6 for example, pooled their funds together to rent a place then their combined purchasing power could potentially rent 2/3/4 bedroom homes really close to where the activities were going on. Having accommodations in such a place would certainly be more convenient than having to rely upon a shuttle bus. And with the big volleyball tournament going on that weekend, forget about trying to find a parking space! All I'm looking for now is an indication of who might be interested in this. And if you are, how many people would be in your "group" and would these people be sharing a bed together or require separate rooms. Finally, what would be the maximum you'd be prepared to pay (for yourself or your group). Once I get that information then I'll have more to work with when I make the phone calls to the homeowners in Manhattan Beach. I'll then be able to contact you with further information about what our options are. Sincerely, Robert Werner

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines