Mangalore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• toy train for chail

Chail 37 minutes ago

I am planning a trip to chail on 24th. i.e.ill reach to kalka there on 25th morning around 4.30. can u suggest me how to take a toy train to the nearest place to chail from kalka.
      1- is it tough to get a ticket for a toy train? cause that wud be on urgent basis.
      2- can we prebook the tikcets?
      3- how long will it take to reach there?
      awaiting u reply...thx

more
    • SophieChicken's Profile Photo

VISA - re entry after visa had ended

India 2 hours ago

I am from the UK currently in India on a 6 month tourist visa. Once my tourist visa has ended are there a certain amount of days i have to leave the country before i can apply for a new visa? Also, are the amount of days different depending on whether i am applying for a new tourist visa or an employment visa?

more
    • horsr riding gear in kolkata

Kolkata (Calcutta) Jul 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM

where to get horsr riding boots in kolkata

more
    • eid lunch buffet

Kochi Jul 13, 2014 at 6:14 AM

i would like to go with my family on the eid day for our lunch. any suggestions on decent restaurants

more
    • toy train for chail

Chail 37 minutes ago

I am planning a trip to chail on 24th. i.e.ill reach to kalka there on 25th morning around 4.30. can u suggest me how to take a toy train to the nearest place to chail from kalka.
      1- is it tough to get a ticket for a toy train? cause that wud be on urgent basis.
      2- can we prebook the tikcets?
      3- how long will it take to reach there?
      awaiting u reply...thx

more
    • kerala in 3 days and 2 nights - budget trip

State of Kerala 13 hours ago

I want to travel kerala in 3 days and 2 nights and will start and end the trip at bangalore . please let me know what places I can visit in this much short period of time. I have a small clu//e that muunnar , athripally and allepy are great places and willing to visit that also but is it possible in this much time?? plus I want a cost effective way to travel between these places..do response asap

more
    • Steamship's Profile Photo

Chennai , Pondicherry down Coramandel coast , then Sri Lanka

State of Tamil Nadu 18 hours ago

Hello fellow travellers, I am a solo female traveler, 60 + and trying to plan a trip in Feb 2015.
      Want to start in Chennai, then Pondicherry, then somehow end up in Sri Lanka ( fly from Madurai ?) 2 weeks India then same in Sri Lanka. I want to avoid the very touristy areas, I know this is hard, but does anyway have any good ideas ? I did the east coast of Kerala last year
      Thanks

more
    • Travelling from 19th July for a week

Manali Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I am visiting Manali (plan to visit Rohtang), Kasol and GHNP from 19th July for a week accompanied with my wife, 2 year old kid and a maid. Please help / advise on the following (We are travelling by a HPDCT bus)-

1. Is it a good time?
      2. Should we go for an online Hotel booking or can we afford to try our luck in getting discounts once we reach and book on the reservation desk (looking for real budget accommodations, with nice peaceful scenery)
      3. How to proceed for Rohtang - where to book, how much time it takes, anything else that we should know.
      4. Similar queries for Kasol and GHNP.
      5. Last but might sound like a crazy query - Can I carry a bottle of my favorite Vodka in the bus, for consumption in the hills?

Thanks a ton!!! any advice will be really appreciated.

more
    • Shillong to Agartala

Shillong Jul 13, 2014 at 5:41 AM

shared taxi or local bus what options? How long does it take....or is it better to catch a train from Silchar....having gone to silchar by bus from Shillong?

more
    • Kumbakonam sight seeing

Kumbakonam Jul 6, 2014 at 1:57 AM

If I have only two days, which are the must-see temples in Kumbakonam?

more
    • sea food in trivandrum

Thiruvananthapuram Jul 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM

where can one find good affordable sea food in trivandrum ? details of exact location & average cost of a meal per person

more
    • zoraom's Profile Photo

little temple before coming to Bedaghat

Jabalpur Jul 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM

There is little temple before coming to Bedaghat from jabalpur. What is name of this temple..?

more
    • KrunalD's Profile Photo

What are the timings of train from Jammu to Katra?

Jammu Jul 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Me and my friends will be travelling to katra this month. I would like to know what are the timings of train from Jammu to Katra? Also, is it possible to book tickets on time as there is no train showing on irctc website yet for reservation... ?

more
    • yogendrathakur's Profile Photo

meeting in khajuraho

Khajuraho Jul 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM

is anybody coming khajuraho this year

more
    • GitanjaliS's Profile Photo

Amritsar trip to see Golden temple on July 19th 2014

Amritsar Jul 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I am going to Amritsar by a night train on 18th July 2014?
      Is anyone going to see the Golden Temple on 19th July 2014?
      I can have company .I am a 58yr old lady from Kolkata travelling alone and so it is a nice idea if I find company.

more
    • Rainning Season - Holidays In Bagdogra Sikkim

Darjeeling Jul 3, 2014 at 12:35 AM

We have booked ourselves to Bagdogra to visit Sikkim in July 12 to July 19th. This is high raining season. What are the alternatives?

more
    • Srinagar in February

Srinagar Jun 29, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I was planning to visit Srinagar for honeymoon in mid of February,2015 for 8 days, 9 nights. Can anyone tell me is it a good time to visit Srinagar in 3rd week of February? Can anyone suggest me what kind of travel plan will be better.
      Please suggest some idea or how I can make a good plan as i have good no of days in my hand.
      Please help me out.

more
    • a nice hotel

Simla Jun 29, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Which is the best hotel to stay with a family of four in the budget of 3000

more
    • Best property buys close to Kodai International School

Kodaikanal Jun 25, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Planning to buy a property close to the Kodai International School . ( within 5 mins by vehicle ) Could you suggest a good and decent area .

Is Kodai ever snowed in during the winters ?
      Thanks in advance for your replies.

more
    • volunteer work in Kovalam

Kovalam Jun 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hi, I am looking for a good voluntary project in Kovalam, I am from a psychology/ counselling background with play therapy and teaching certificate. Thanks Jacqui

more
    • Kolkata to Bangladesh

Kolkata (Calcutta) Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Is it possible to go to Bangladesh for a couple of days when staying in Kolkata? What is the best way to get there? Would I need a Visa, I'm for the UK?

more
    • A chance of sun?

Goa Jul 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Is there any sunny periods during the monsoon season?

more
    • Trail Running

Goa Jul 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello there, is there long distance trail running options in Goa?

more
    • robin135's Profile Photo

accomodation

Puri Jul 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Pls suggest how to book Birla guest house in Puri ? or else some nice accomodation of such kind.

more
    • Travel from Powai(Chandivili) to Vikhroli(Godrej)

Mumbai Jul 11, 2014 at 7:05 AM

I want to know if there are any buses from Chandivili/Powai to Godrej Infotech in Vikhroli(E).
      If anyone could answer my query, it would be of big help.

more
    • Mode of transport

by Pooja_sampat Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Mode of transport from taj gateway to mulki in mangalore

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • Want to book a taxi

by vnkrishna Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hi, I will be travelling with my parents and two other relatives to Mangalore. Our itinerary will be Mangalore-Kukke Subramanya-Dharmasthala-Sringeri-Kollur Mookambika-Udupi-Mangalore. We are planning to take a taxi to travel and will be staying overnight at most of the places. Can someone please suggest a good travel agent/cab agency at Mangalore which can provide us services at reasonable rates. Thank you!!

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Hotels at Panambur or Suratkal beack

by MsLena Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I am going on a business trip to Bangalore second week of December. While being in India I am considering going to Mangalore for the weekend for beach and sun before going home. I want to stay close to the beach and close to the airport seems easiest because of the limited time. Mangalore is chosen befire Goa and Kerela because I find the best connecting flights home from that airport

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel at eighter Pranambur Beach or Sutrukal Beach. It should be 3* and clean. Or should I skip the idea of being close to the airport and go to another beach like Ullal? Online booking sites have limited numbers of hotels att all above mentioned beaches.

Thanks from Lena

3 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM
    • trip to kollur sringeri and horanadu

by ksri45 Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM

we are planning to arrive at mangalore at 8.30 am by train. Want to visit udipi, kollur sringeri, horanadu and dharamasthala. our stay will be three days ie friday saturday and sunday. Sunday evening we return back to chennai.
      how should we plan this trip and what would it cost if we hire a cab. do we need to bargain with the cab operators or they are all standard tariff.
      any suggestion would be helpful.

3 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    • Udupi to Sringeri bus frequency

by R.Sridhar Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling from Udupi to Sringeri along with my kid & old age parents.. Please advise on the buses frequency for to & fro from Udupi to Sringeri..

With Regards

R.Sridhar

• tentative schedule for mangalore trip - 4 days & 3 nights

by rajeshmallaya Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM

We will be reaching mangalore on 25.12.2011 & will be returning on 28.12.2011.

We would like to visit following temples :

MANJESHWAR, ULLAL, GURUPUR, KATTIL, MULKI
      KUKKE (SUBRAMANYA TEMPLE, DHARMASTHALA, KARKALA, UDUPI, MURUDESHWAR, KOLLUR (MOOKAMBIKA), SRINGERI & LOCAL TEMPLES IN MANGALORE.

Pls advice the proper schedule to cover all these temples on the above mentioned dates with kms so that we can arrange the programme.

Tks & Regards,
      Rajesh
      Mob: 9495674835

1 Answer Oct 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    • biusing's Profile Photo

accomodation and weather in November

by biusing Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I will be travelling to Mangalore. Please advice on hotels (budget max USD150@night. What is the weather in late November.

12 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

what is the right route

by vpas Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Am planning to visit -- Udupi,Dharmasthala,Mookabmbikai,Kukke Subramanya and if possible Shringeri and also the Annapoorni Temple.Please suggest the best route from Mangalore,which should be first and what place comes after the other.
      we are planning to go from hyderabad to Mangalore by train/flight and then take a taxi to cover these places.Is this a sensible idea?Any suggestions regarding these places is welcome.
      thank you,

1 Answer Nov 5, 2010 at 2:38 AM
    • MANGALORE

by MEEENA Online Now Jun 12, 2010 at 5:13 PM

HAI! WE WOULD LIKE TO VISIT MANGALORE DURING THE 3RD OR 4TH WEEK OF JUNE & PLANNING FOR A 4DAY PILGRIMAGE TRIP. PLACES WE WOULD LIKE TO VISIT ARE UDUPI,KOLLUR,MALPE,SRINGERI,MURUDESHWAR,DHARMASTHALA,SUBRAMANYA,SRINGERI etc.PLS PROVIDE BEST ROUTE TO COVER IN 4 DAYS , TAXI FARE & ACCOMODATION

1 Answer Jun 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    • Mangalore Rental Accommodation

by skdas_niladri Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Hi,
      Please provide any pointer to budget rental/shared acco in mangalore.

Thanks
      Niladri

2 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    • Avijayan's Profile Photo

Pubs in Mangalore ?

by Avijayan Online Now Feb 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I'm in Mangalore whole of Feb 2009, this last weekend tried Diesel Cafe, ambience was fair enough, but music was bad including the speakers and tried steak and italian, seems to have a kerala cook, all tasted like stew....

I'm looking at a good pub/bar which plays good retro/coutry music and serves authentic food of any cuisine. Offcourse air-conditioned, guess you know what i mean, its humid & sticky climate out here in Mangalore.

Cheers!
      av

• where to stay near beach in mangalore?

by rvdesai Online Now Dec 9, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Can anyone recommend a good homestay or hotel near beach in Mangalore? we will be there around 25th dec.

thanks

2 Answers Jan 17, 2009 at 3:30 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

udupi,dharmasthala,subramanya and tala cauvery from mangalore

by vpas Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 7:01 AM

we are coming from hyderabad to visit the temples in the above mentioned places.how should we go about it?which is the route we should take(order of places to be visited,first which one)?how is the weather there in january?which is the best place to stay,if we have to cover all those places.can we cover it in 5 days?
      thanks,
      vpas

4 Answers Dec 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Looking for a good beach in Mangalore

by alycat Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 5:22 AM

I will be in Mangalore for 2-3 days and was looking forward to spending some time at the beach. Please suggest a good beach to spend a day or two.

Thnx

Ali

4 Answers Jul 16, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    • Regarding Route & Stay

by vvinod2960 Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 7:02 AM

Dear Sir,

Please inform how to reach Mookambika Temple from Chennai if I come by train & inform were to stay any accomadation is provide by temple board.

Please inform & do the needful.

With regards,

P.Vinod Kumar

1 Answer Apr 6, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    • Rainy weather and Mangalore...........

by sapnaullal Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Hello
      thankyou for the wonderful site.We are planning to come to manglaore in july and august in 2008 with our 2 boys, 8 and 5 years old.I'am from someshwara(ullala,manglaore,my moms place).I want my kids really to enjoy and have fun inspite of the rainy weather.They get thier summer vacation in these month only.I'am a temple lover person.I liked the yoga hospital in dharmasthala what you mentioned.But can kids enjoy there.Can you please advice us what place in and around mangalore is good for that type of weather.
      Once again thank you.Please tell me about the transportation that we can book it in advance,Kids should have fun.

Sapna ullal.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    • gaechka's Profile Photo

Our plans in Manglore.Recommendations?

by gaechka Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 2:35 AM

hey, we will stay in Mangalre around 5 days. Could you make notes about our activites in Mangalore aria.
      1.cashew factory
      2.vanilla and coconut plantation
      3.MASSAGE THERAPY in Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Yoga & Nature Cure College Hospital.
      4.walk trip in city

pricies in mangalore for Boat Ride?

by gaechka Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 2:27 AM

Hello, would like to hear any commends aboit prices of Boat Ride in Mangalore. I got some inf. Is it good price for 2 adults +1 infunt) or we can get cheaper and better in Kerala?
      1.Speed Boat- Rupees 1200 per hour ( 20 Euros)

2.Rafting- Rupees 900 per hour ( 15 Euros)

3.Fishing row boat- Rupees 900 per hour (15 Euros)

4.Canoeing- Rupees 900 per hour ( 15 Euros)

5.Windsurfing- Rupees 1200 per hour ( 20 Euros)

6.Kayaking- Rupees 600 per hour ( 10 Euros)

Mangalore.Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Yoga & Nature Cure College Hospital

by gaechka Online Now Jul 13, 2007 at 1:48 AM

hello, if any one have been at this hospital.
      Is it god place to get good massage, Chiropractice and Osteopathy services?

thanks a lot

1 week in september.Mangalore

by gaechka Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Greets for everyone. We are family wth 19 months old child. Will travele from Mumbai to the South. I heard that Mangalore is a nice place to stay.there are not so many tourists. is it good aria to stay in the beginen of september 1-7/9 in Mangalore or better go directly to Kerala?

thanks

1 Answer Jul 12, 2007 at 8:07 AM
    • Travel and stay at Kollur

by chanakyaaa Online Now Jun 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Hi, I am planning to travel to Kollur from Mangalore and stay there for a few days. I am curious to know of the mode of transport that would be available for the travel. Just curious to know of the hotels that are available in Kollur. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

2 Answers Jun 1, 2007 at 7:52 PM
    • fairyindadragon4rest's Profile Photo

is it a good time

by fairyindadragon4rest Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:05 AM

is this a good time to visit or are the rains gonna b too bad.im gonna travel from mangalore to sowkur which is a 4 hour drive so jst wanted to check if its ok.n how far is the taj hotel from the airport

3 Answers Jun 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM
    • Kollur - Moogambika Temple area

by SLilaRamachandran Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 8:20 PM

Was wondering if any of you could help me.. I need the telephone number of hotels in Kollur near the Moogambika temple. Especially tel number of 'Aswathi Hotel' there which I heard is good. Anyone stayed there?

3 Answers Nov 17, 2004 at 10:28 PM