Mangalore Travel Answers

change location

Mangalore Rental Accommodation

by skdas_niladri Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Hi,
Please provide any pointer to budget rental/shared acco in mangalore.

Thanks
Niladri

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Avijayan's Profile Photo

Re: Mangalore Rental Accommodation

by Avijayan Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Mangalore is a tier 2 city and rentals are usually low compared to main cities, a 2 bebroom apartment rent would be in the range of Rs5,000/ - Rs7,000/ per month. The distance from point to point is very less, so you could stay 2-3 km away from the main city center for a lesser rent, also depends on the facilities provided.

There are some hostels, which might be cheaper.

If your going as a student, i'm sure your college will have the facility at reasonable rate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Mangalore Rental Accommodation

by balebair Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Mangalore is one of the worst place to live and settle down. The cost of living is same as all metros like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad etc. with none of the amenities. I did the biggest mistake of my life by accepting an employment with Infosys Mangalore. Their office is 25 kms outside the city in some "middle-ages" village. There are no amenities next to the new Infosys office in this village - no schools, colleges, hospitals, malls, jobs for your better-half. So, the only option is to stay in the city, a small and congested place 5 km in radius. This has resulted in cost of living being jacked up by the locals in the city. Helplessness of outsiders is a major source of livelihood for these locals. They charge heavily for everything - house rent, rickshaw, school donations etc. With limited supply available of these rental flats and school seats, the outsiders are forced to accept these demands and pay heavily through their nose. Add to this, the roads to the new office is so pathetically maintained that it takes more than 1.5 hrs each way to travel to office. There is no good connectivity to other metros and cities - You always have to transit through Mumbai or Bangalore. Even air travel takes 12+ hrs to north india. This burns a BIG hole in your pocket everytime you have to visit your hometown.
    My recommendation - STAY AWAY FROM MANGALORE

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines