Mangalore Travel Answers

change location

Rainy weather and Mangalore...........

by sapnaullal Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Hello
thankyou for the wonderful site.We are planning to come to manglaore in july and august in 2008 with our 2 boys, 8 and 5 years old.I'am from someshwara(ullala,manglaore,my moms place).I want my kids really to enjoy and have fun inspite of the rainy weather.They get thier summer vacation in these month only.I'am a temple lover person.I liked the yoga hospital in dharmasthala what you mentioned.But can kids enjoy there.Can you please advice us what place in and around mangalore is good for that type of weather.
Once again thank you.Please tell me about the transportation that we can book it in advance,Kids should have fun.

Sapna ullal.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Rainy weather and Mangalore...........

by drrishi Online Now Feb 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Dear Sapna,
    I am from Dharmasthala. July august will greet you with heavy rains and floods. Late August will be pleasant.
    There is a wonderful home stay near Dharmasthala (Joy Nirvana- contact Kashinath- +91-8251-268225, 9845088088). Children would love rural games, a cave, high rise view points, rafting in calm waters, bundle of fish which you can catch by hand (like shringeri)etc. You could also visit Dharmasthala, subrahmanya staying here. Food is simply wonderful, sense of hygiene is remarkable. (Only veg- No liquor)

If the rains are heavy children will find it quite boring (unless they are the sort who enjoy rains).

Here are few snaps of the place. Enjoy

flickr.com/photos/22368960@N...

regards
    rishi
    drdamle@gmail.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines