Mangalore Travel Answers

change location
fairyindadragon4rest's Profile Photo

is it a good time

by fairyindadragon4rest Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:05 AM

is this a good time to visit or are the rains gonna b too bad.im gonna travel from mangalore to sowkur which is a 4 hour drive so jst wanted to check if its ok.n how far is the taj hotel from the airport

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • suru's Profile Photo

RE: is it a good time

by suru Online Now May 29, 2006 at 10:45 AM

sorry to disappoint you. The s.w.t.monsoon has hit the kerala coast and in about a week it would hit Mangalore. It rains so heavily in Mangalore.If you are going or have to go better prepare yourself for the heavy rains almost everyday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: is it a good time

by srramanujam Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 10:03 AM

I am not sure where Sowkur is. If it is on any of the main roads connecting to Bangalore, Goa or Calicut, you would be okay since travel in these roads is fine during monsoons.

The airport itself is about 30 kms from the town. Taj is in the city and you would travel a similiar distance from the airport.

Rains add a dimension of elegance to these parts of the country. I just spent a few days in the thick of monsoons in Kerala (it rains much harder there) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Tulumage's Profile Photo

RE: is it a good time

by Tulumage Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM

During the monsoon, one can enjoy in Mangalore beacause of heavy rains! Most of the times the rains come once in a while i.e. for sometimes for about one to two hours. Very rarely it rains for continuously for 3-4 days as happened in May this year like from May 25 to 29 it had rained.

Enjoy the jackfruits during rainy days!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines