Mandurah Travel Answers

change location

General

by st.bernard Online Now Feb 25, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Wld it B a comfortable drive from Perth to Mandurah if we cater 2 hrs?
Anywhere on the way to stop for a good strong coffee? :)

Are there hostels/budget accomadation in Mandurah or nearby ?
Is there a tourist office there?

Any website info wld B helpful.

Thanks for any help.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: General

by hybrid Online Now Feb 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Outside peak hours you can get there in less than an hour, so you'll need no coffee breaks. See www.whereis.com.au for directions.
    Can't help with accomodation, but check http://www.westernaustralia.com/ www.holiday-wa.net/mandurah.htm westaussie.com/region.php?t=...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • northeast80's Profile Photo

RE: RE: General

by northeast80 Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 8:57 AM

There is a good, new tourist information centre in Mandurah, it's near the brand new theatre by the waters edge. The guys in there were very helpful to us, came away with loads of leaflets.
    The drive from Perth is lovely, find the lake side route and you can do a loop around it.
    Mandurah Tourist Bureau
    75 Mandurah Terrace, Mandurah, Western Australia 6210
    Ph: (08) 9550 3999
    As mentioned above it doesn't take long to get there from Perth at all, you could get a coffee once you get into town.
    Can't remember if anyone above mentioned but I had a look from hostels and only came up with one-
    The Rooftop Inn, 113 Mandurah Terrace, Mandurah, +61 (8) 9586-8897
    They don't have a website.

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo

RE: RE: General

by Purpleshade Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM

I'd recommend the Atrium as a cheap hotel in Mandurah, have stayed there severel times. Don't know of any hostels. Details and other stuff about Mandurah on my Mandurah page "Mandurah" - Mandurah by Purpleshade
    I'd expect it to take a bit more than an hour unless you are going to break the speed limit, 1 1/4- 1 1/2. You could go through Rockingham and have a walk on the beach or a coffee in the sea front cafes if you like a break and are not in a hurry.
    Lesley

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: General

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 1:43 AM

Hi From Perth City to Mandurah should take 50 minutesor less if you travel after 9:15am as you will miss the peak travel time, if you go an hour earlier add another 10 minutes. No need to stop for a coffee do so when you reach Mandurah, either The Dome Coffee shop on the esplanade as you enter Mandurah , or The Merchant on the Esplanade by the water near the old bridge.
    No need to use a website , go to mt VT page on Mandurah.
    Good Luck, Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines