change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport from Kengtong to Tachilek, Maesai, Chiang Rai

Kengtung Jul 6, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Hi,

I want to take a bus from Kengtong to Tachilek, Maesai, Chiang Rai. How is it possible?
      Thanks

more
    • Hire a Mini Van + chauffeur

Burma Jun 30, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Good afternoon,

We are planning a trip to Thailand and if possible Myanmar.
      This is our itinerary:
      - 6-8 July Bangkok
      - 9-13 Chang mai
      Cross over the border at Tachilek – Maisai
      - 14-16 July Inle lake
      - 16-18 Juli Bagan
      - 18-20 Juli Tangon
      Cross over the border at Myawaddy – Mesok
      - 20-21 July Bangkok
      - 21-28 July Koh Samui
      (The dates are flexible and we are open to suggestions)

For our trip in Myanmar we would like to hire a mini Van with chauffeur.

Is this possible? And how much will it cost?
      We are a family of 6.

more
    • sirfish's Profile Photo

Visa for 2 months

Burma Yesterday

How to get a 2 month travel visa

more
    • English level?

Rangoon Jul 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the general level of European languages there? For example, can I use English or French widely? I guess not. Is the English level like Thailand maybe?

more

Popular Mandalay Division Travel Answer Locations

• phingy's Profile Photo

When can I start booking YGN-BGN-YGN winter air tickets?

Bagan Jun 9, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Hello all!

I have booked a December trip to Yangon and Bagan. Just wondering how soon can I buy the return plane tickets to Bagan? When does the winter ticket get released and how is the best way to buy?

Appreciate any advice! Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:48 AM
    • An affordable ex colonial hotel in Myanmar?

Maymyo Apr 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Hi There

I am looking on line and cant work out which hotels are still operational. I'm going to be in Myanmar in August. Any suggestions please for an affordable hotel - ex colonial type place?

many thanks

Jo

10 Answers May 16, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • dhammatraveller's Profile Photo

where to go for a few extra days

Mandalay Oct 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I have a few days in Yangon at the end of a trip I am taking to Burma. I will have already spen enough time in Yangon, so I am trying to decide what to do with that time. I am thinking if Inle Lake or Bagan...any suggestions about which would be better? I have never particulalrly enjoyed very touristy places, which both of those seem to be...are they worth a visit anyway? I have spent lots of time in India, adn really my favorite times have been wandering into villages and hanging out with kids. ANy suggestions?

4 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • Tipping the guide

Mandalay Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We are going on a tour for the first time with a guide. It has been suggested in our information that we should tip the guide which amounted to a reasonable amount at the end of the trip. It is a big company and I would prefer to have the cost worked out in the tour cost than be put in this position. Since our access to funds is limited in Myanmar and we do not want to have unnecessary currency in US or the currency of the country, I am not sure if and what to put aside.

8 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Myanmar

Mandalay Jun 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I am going to Myanmar on a tour in September. Is the current unrest something to be concerned about?
      Also the currency to take in view of a lack of ATMS.

8 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • reublim's Profile Photo

Spirit Festivals in August

Mandalay Division Jan 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Hi,

I plan to visit Mandalay and Bagan in early August. I just found out that there are three festivals near Mandalay around that time:
      1. Taung Byone Nat Pwe (Madayar, Mandalay)
      2. Yadana Gu Nat festival (Amapura, Mandalay)
      3. Shwe Kyun Pin Nat Pwe (Mingun)

and would like to know when exactly this year they are. It would be helpful if some locals could confirm the dates.

Also, any information such as time of day to visit and guides, accommodation or any other relevant info is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    • Mid-range hotel in Old Bagan

Bagan Oct 26, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Old Bagan for around30-$40? I've tried researching on the internet but can only find the high end hotels.

I currently have a reservation in New Bagan but have since been advised to find somewhere in Old Bagan for convenience.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

4 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    • On the hunt !

Mandalay Feb 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Planning a trip to Burma and Thailand next Feb. Just starting to plan the lodging part. Are there any special ***** or notable places to stay near Mandalay? Also, will be attempting to to find a replacement stone for a jadeite ring which I've worn for 25 years.. Imperial green. The stone popped out of the setting so can't think of a better way to replace it then with a memorable trip! Any ideas from the experts on either or both parts of this post.
      Many Thanks,
      Tom
      DCtrekker1

4 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Balloon ride

Bagan Sep 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I'm looking into a possible trip to Myanmar and Bagan is definitely on my list. From the tips and insights of people who've been there the impression I get is the best (but most expensive) thing to do there is to ride the early morning hot air balloon. Is this thing really worth the price ($300)? I assume that only one company has a monopoly of this service?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM
    • need guide(non professional) in bagan during 13-19 feb08

Bagan Jan 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Hi,

I and my husband will be in Bagan during 13-19/02/08 we would like to have someone who can speak english to help us communicate with locals, we pay your reasonable wage include meal,student is also welcome.

please email me at iamrungtip@hotmail.com

thank you

2 Answers Jan 31, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    • Hotel booking

Mandalay Sep 12, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Can anyone suggest some alternative cheap and clean hotels in Mandalay and Bagan that have private shower and toilet please? thanks a lot!

6 Answers Sep 25, 2007 at 12:34 AM
    • veco_notebook's Profile Photo

Domestic Flight From Yangon to Bagan

Bagan Apr 10, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Do you know any site where I can do online booking for my Yangon - Bagan - Yangon flights?

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

Myanmar - Bagan Hotels

Bagan Nov 3, 2006 at 6:45 AM

Greetings,
      I tried to book a hotel in Old Bagan, but all the hotels with good recommendations in my price range - Tharabar Gate, Thiripyitsaya Sakura and Bagan Hotel are fully booked for the dates that I’ll be there; the only vacancies are at Serenity Hotel and I have no info about it.
      Any experience with it, anyone?
      Thank you,
      Marius

7 Answers Dec 17, 2006 at 6:28 AM
    • Independent bike tours of Bagan

Bagan Sep 9, 2006 at 9:15 AM

Hello,
      Does anyone know of any companies or locals that operate bike tours in Bagan? Or is it relatively easy to go off on your own and explore?
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 5:39 AM
    • Cycling in Bagan

Bagan Sep 2, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Hello,

Has anyone been cycling in Bagan recently? I have heard its a great place to explore by bike and wondered if anyone could give me some info on where to rent a bike from, cost etc? Even names of guesthouses that can rent bikes out would be helpful.

thanks,

GT

5 Answers May 15, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    • Accommodation

Mandalay Dec 15, 2005 at 6:15 PM

Hi,

I together with 3 friends will go to Mandalay, Heho and Bagan in late January. We want to book budget but nice accomodation. However, I can't find their web sites. Can anyone help? The alternative is that we will look for the accomodation after we arrive. Will there be difficulty in having the accomodation without advance booking during such tourist peak season?

1 Answer Dec 16, 2005 at 9:19 AM
    • Bagan in a day?

Bagan Dec 4, 2005 at 5:53 PM

Hi there

I will be in Bagan in January 2006. Planning only to spend 2 nights there which will mean one full day around bagan. Can anyone recommend what to see, best sunrise and sunset positions. What is the best way around the whole area? Cart or bicycle?

J

5 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 5:48 AM
    • Train Travel

Mandalay Oct 3, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Hello there,

I would like to travel by train from Dhaka (Bangladesh) to Mandalay. Also by train from Mandalay to Chiang Mai (Thailand) is this possible? Iwould be grateful for any advice or information. Thank You.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2005 at 2:17 AM
    • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Meeting up in Bagan(Pagan)?

Bagan Feb 5, 2005 at 5:16 AM

Hi! I & my husband are now planning a trip to Myanmar! And we would like to meet up with VTers living or traveling there :-) We will arrive at Bagan on March 19 evening (Saturday) , and will leave at noon on March 21 Monday. Let's meet up! (How about having dinner together?) Possible meeting dates are... March 19 Saturday (night) in Bagan March 20 Sunday (evening till night) in Bagan March 21 Monday (morning) in Bagan Or March 21 Monday (afternoon till night ) in Yangon Hope to see you! Ayurin & Hiro

Let's meet up in Bagan! (March 19 or 20 or 21)

Bagan Nov 20, 2004 at 8:52 PM

Hi! I & my husband are now planning a trip to Myanmar! And we would like to meet up with VTers living or traveling there :-) We will arrive at Bagan at 18:45 on March 19 Saturday, and will leave at noon on March 21 Monday. Let's meet up! (How about having dinner together?) Possible meeting dates are... March 19 Saturday (night) March 20 Sunday (evening till night) March 21 Monday (morning) Hope to see you! Ayurin & Hiro

Pagan or Bagan, how to get there from Yangon?

Mandalay Division Jun 9, 2004 at 8:48 AM

Hello VTers! I'm very ineterested in visiting Burma :-) Now I have 2 questions Any advice will be very helpful :-) 1) Hmm this might be a stupid question... but Are Pagan and Bagan are same? or different city? I'd love to visit the place with a lot of pagpdas in the field. Is it Pagan? Bagan? 2) From Yangon, how can I go to Pagan/Bagan? (Time is limited, so I'm looking for the fastest way) By plane? Thank you in advance :-) Ayurin

5 Answers Jun 15, 2004 at 10:10 AM
    • Onn's Profile Photo

?

Maymyo Mar 20, 2003 at 4:50 AM

Has any VT member been to this place?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2003 at 10:51 AM